+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Third Watch 01/27 - "Snow Blind"

Third Watch 01/27 - "Snow Blind"

Snow Blind
    60 min.
    As snow blankets the city, Doc allows Carlos, who's suspended, to accompany him on duty and Yokas's daughter (Bonnie Dennison) goes out with a boyfriend and ends up in trouble. Eric Beckman: Joseph Cross. Fred: Chris Bauer. Tori: Joelle Carter. Yokas: Molly Price. Doc: Michael Beach. Carlos: Anthony Ruivivar.

That one is no good.

ICY YOKAS FEARS HER TEENAGE DAUGHTER MIGHT BE SNOWED BY OLDER BOYFRIEND -- As a violent snowstorm blankets the city, Officer Yokas (Molly Price) worries that her teenaged daughter (guest star Bonnie Dennison) might be courting boy trouble when she begins spending more time with her older boyfriend (guest star Joseph Cross) -- a concern that proves prophetic when the young lovers are trapped in a snowdrift after using a dangerous drug. Meanwhile, a shorthanded Doc (Michael Beach) risks his career when he takes pity on paramedic Carlos (Anthony Ruivivar) -- still under suspension for a patient's molestation charge -- and puts him back on the street. In addition, Davis (Coby Bell) detects a new tilt in his partner Sully's self-destructive attitude. Jason Wiles, Eddie Cibrian, Kim Raver, Amy Carlson and Chris Bauer also star. TV-14

FORT Newbie

Re: Third Watch 01/27 - "Snow Blind"

Originally posted by John
    Snow Blind
    60 min.
    As snow blankets the city, Doc allows Carlos, who's suspended, to accompany him on duty and Yokas's daughter (Bonnie Dennison) goes out with a boyfriend and ends up in trouble. Eric Beckman: Joseph Cross. Fred: Chris Bauer. Tori: Joelle Carter. Yokas: Molly Price. Doc: Michael Beach. Carlos: Anthony Ruivivar.

Can you please tell me the name of the song that was played when they brought Yokas daughter into hospital?
    Thanks

I don't know but it sounded like Aimee Mann to me.

I was so right! It's Aimee Mann's "High on Sunday 51".

FORT Newbie
    OMG Thank you so much *kiss*

Well I guess the jury's still out on whether or not Carlos/Ruivivar will be keeping his job . . . An' as for Emily . . .

Okay, I've never taken drugs; I've never imbibed; I've never had sex. I've never actually seen anyone I know participate in these acts (but I know they do). So maybe I'm a bit naive to the whole idea.

But how is it possible for a girl like Emily (Character she may be), scripted plots aside, to decide to do anything even remotely similar to what she did in this episode? She obviously knows more about drugs than her 'friend,' as we see when she corrects him at least twice on how snorting a drug doesn't addict you to it.

And yet she does it anyway.

I'm not asking if anyone's had any experience with such here; what I'm asking is, since I don't know, why do you people think girls/boys do this when they know it's not right?
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

You're right. She knew better than to do it, really, but she figured "Just this once" wouldn't hurt her. I'm not gonna get preachy, and be like, drugs are bad! But they nearly killed me so... yes they are bad. She's never heard of Special K? That's like the new "cool" date rape drug. She should have been like, fine, whatever floats your boat, but leave me alone.

I missed Kim & Alex together. I missed Kim & Alex period. Especially Alex. I guess she did break up with Ty, otherwise she would have been at his place when they answered the phone.

This was a good episode, but... GOD, Molly Price, it's "Emily" not "Em-lee." I love you and everything, but that was distracting me when she was screaming Em-lee. Emily, damnit! Emily!

And isn't Special K related or just another name for Ecstasy?

I can understand having Emily's Character do this stuff to get more people to watch --- but I really think that goes against her personality. Was it not just a few weeks ago that she and her mother were taken hostage in a foiled bank robbery? I'd think someone, anyone, who went through something like that would cease doing any sort of drug, not to mention start using.

In any event, you say that drugs nearly took your life, duckgirl; I apologize if I opened up any old wounds with my question.

As for Kim and Alex, I agree, like nodoby's fricken business. And I guess you'd be right, duckgirl, since we haven't seen any more scene with Ty. I guess some sort of communication between "fans" and the company revealed that "fans" didn't like that Ty and Alex were doing stuff together. *shrugs* Yet another plot-burp.

Going further, I'm beginning to wonder if the relationship between Kim and Alex is getting a little more --- close? Maybe I'm reading WAAY too far into things, but it would definitely be an interesting twist . . . What do you guys think?

EDIT:
    Oh, one more thing, the whole name thing . . . I think that's just the New York accent, but I could be wrong. My mom's from New York, and although she's been living here in California since at least the Eighties, she still has traces of that drawl. I've never heard her say 'Emily' like that, but then again, we don't know any 'Emily's beside this one Character . . . And I can't say that I really heard such a different pronunciation of the name, but-eh, my eyesight's really the only best sense I got, heh.
    "Don't give me that look; I know some big words" -- Bosco, 'Castles of Sand'

"We're only the law as long as people let us . . ." -- Sully, 'Blackout'

"You know, I've got so many bad things goin' on I'll leave the possibilities to someone else." -- Bosco, 'Lockdown'

"Bosco . . . I think I love you!" -- Munroe, 'The Spirit'

You know, Alex and Kim give off a lesby vibe, but that would be totally contrived if they were. I mean, Alex is a firefighter, she's doing a man's job, so clearly she's a lesbian, right? Blah.

Emily... she's only 13. She should know that drugs are bad. She should know better than to take them. So... she's sort of a moron. I don't think I can have that much sympathy for her.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast