+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy Days Reunion Special

Happy Days Reunion Special

I worked yesterday and was only able to catch the first hour of this, but I was totally digging it. I grew up with this show, and I was thrilled to see the whole cast participating in the reunion. Leather Tuscadero was my role model and Scott Baio is still a hunk.

Did anyone else watch this? I only saw up to the part where everyone got together in Arnold's, and I wondered if Arnold and Al showed up at some point?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    I worked yesterday and was only able to catch the first hour of this, but I was totally digging it. I grew up with this show, and I was thrilled to see the whole cast participating in the reunion. Leather Tuscadero was my role model and Scott Baio is still a hunk.

Did anyone else watch this? I only saw up to the part where everyone got together in Arnold's, and I wondered if Arnold and Al showed up at some point?
    Arnold did. (Pat Morita) I was shocked because I thought Pat Morita was dead. I was wondering about Al Molinaro (Al). I wondered if he died and that's why Richard Kine took over the Encore commercials. Anyway I saw the whole thing and it was great. They actually showed a clip of an episode where Richie almost died. It was the first time Fonzie ever cried. I don't remember that episode. Did anyone see that one? What happened? They showed clips from other episodes too. They also profiled all the shows that were spun off of "Happy Days". There was "Laverne & Shirley"; "Mork & Mindy"; "The Fonz" (which was an animated show. How pathetic is that?); and of course "Joanie Loves Chachi". They played the theme to that and I was singing right along with it. They also showed bloopers. It was really great 'cause I grew up on this show. I hope they release Happy Days on DVD. I'm totally getting it.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

FORT Fan
    I do remember seeing the "Richie Almost Died" episode when it first came out, but don't remember why he was so ill -- perhaps a car accident? I do remember how sad it was, as they showed flashbacks to happier times. Luckily everything was OK in the end.

FORT Fan
    I thought the baseball part of the show was boring, but enjoyed the rest of it. Talk about a trip down memory lane!

Yay Google. I found the synopsis for the show where Richie almost dies. He gets a motorcycle and crashes it. Leather Tuscadero was in this epi as well. Now I remember it.

I don't think I'm permitted to post the link to this particular site, so if anyone wants to read the synopsis themselves, you can PM me.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I watched most of it.....brings back great memories!!!

Loved the Joanie/Chachi romance....so cute...

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    We watched the first hour cuz we weren't going to miss The Apprentice. Anyway..it was pretty neat watching it, total memory lane and that's what we did pretty much the whole time.. talk about our childhoods!
    We had SO many conversations about "the old days"..
    ..the old tvs that we grew up watching these shows on
    ..Vertical/Horizontal Hold and stomping on the floor to have it stop
    ..only stations were ABC & NBC..CBS not so much cuz it was always bad reception
    ..how they REALLY put in a full days work on these sitcoms as opposed to the sitcoms of today...where its all editing & such
    ..no remotes!

It was nice to see the show last night, great memories!
    I wish Pinky Tuscadero was shown more!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

This reunion show was so fun to watch! Isn't it amazing how much info we can store in our memories? It's crazy! I could remember lines to many of the clips they'd show .... like Richie gets drunk at the bachelor party and Mr. C asks him how many teeny-weeny glasses he drank, and I shouted "72!" and my husband cracked up. Why do I remember that? Can't remember what I had for breakfast, though. Hmmm.

The bloopers were fun to watch. I couldn't stop laughing at the scene where Fonz and Mrs. C started kissing each other. She's a kick!

Did anyone else think Joanie is a little crazy? She scared me a little.

Scott Baio still does it for me.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I wish Pinky Tuscadero was shown more!
    Loved her! But I don't remember her as being that skinny. Wow! She was HOT! My daughter was laughing at Leather's mullet.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Really? Ugh! I couldn't stand that crappy, spotty grown beard that he had on his face.. I didn't think he looked all that great.

Yeah, Joanie is kooky. I agree.

I also wanted to see Jenny Pickalow (sp?)...did they show her in the last hour at all?
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast