+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy Days Reunion Special

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Henry Winkler as a child abuser??? That's a hard one to believe... also hard to believe that Ron Howard would be friends with a child abuser. Of course one never knows,,,,, but....
    I met HW briefly on a plane...he was at the back of first class, I was at the front of tourist, and I had to stow stuff in his overhead bin,and he helped me stuff it. Told him I always enjoyed his work and he thanked me. He was very nice with all the folks asking for autographs etc. Went home and looked for my old Fonz poster!
    Also met Tony Danza (Taxi, Who's the Boss, etc.) and Dean Cain (Lois and Clark) in the same seating arrangement. Almost makes up for having no place to store your stuff.
    PS Please someone tell me what happened in the first hour, and remind me who Pinky was...
    Last edited by PWS; 02-06-2005 at 03:27 PM.

PWS, the first hour was mostly clips, with some bits of cast interviews in between. A nice trip down memory lane.

Pinky Tuscadero was the Fonz's only real *girlfriend*. She had her own motorcycle, and people called her Pinky 'cause she liked pink. She wore shorts with cowboy boots, and did this weird little finger snap in her palm move. And, of course, she's Leather's older sister.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Thanks, AJane! Sorry I missed the clips... and now I do remember Pinky!

Quote Originally Posted by PWS
    I only got the last hour... what happened in the first?
    Arnold only got about 15 seconds.
    Someone remind me who Pinky was please...sounds familiar but no image is coming up.
    The hour I saw was great--such a warm and fuzzy feeling from the cast.
    There was an episode where Fonzie was driving in a drag race of some sort (or a demolition derby or something) and Pinkie was the tall beautiful skinny girl who was the starter for the race. She was hit by one of the cars in that episode.
    Hey does anyone remember Fonzie's girlfriend with the little girl Heather?(Played by the deceased Heather O'Rourke) I remember one episode where Heather was hit by a car. That episode made me ball my eyes out. 'Cause I knew that the actress was dead and it was just so sad. Heather O'Rourke was only 12 years old when she died. Too young.
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    About Erin Moran - does anyone else remember her coming out a few years ago talking about sexual abuse and naming Henry Winkler? I remember watching her on some show talking about that and just thinking "How sad." She's obviously got issues. (that's not to say that people who claim they were sexually abused as children are lying - not by any means - but her whole story just rang false to me. JMHO).
    I've never heard this. I googled but couldn't find anything on it. Henry Winkler seems like such a nice guy - not from his "Fonz" role, but from the things he's done since the show ended. I don't disbelieve that she said it, but unless there's some evidence out there to support it I don't believe it.
    Well I was born in a small town
    And I can breathe in a small town
    Gonna die in this small town
    And that's prob'ly where they'll bury me

Quote Originally Posted by Critical
    About Erin Moran - does anyone else remember her coming out a few years ago talking about sexual abuse and naming Henry Winkler? I remember watching her on some show talking about that and just thinking "How sad." She's obviously got issues. (that's not to say that people who claim they were sexually abused as children are lying - not by any means - but her whole story just rang false to me. JMHO).
    I recall seeing her on some talk show...they went to her home...it looked like a ranch-type house, and she was grooming her horse. Then they went inside, and she started talking about how crummy her homelife was during the filming of Happy Days. She was pretty angry about it, and what I recall her saying was that she was really mad at the other actors for not helping her out of some tough spots at home. Then they cut to a tape of some of the other actors being told about this, and they said they had no idea she had had problems at home. I can't remember who was doing the interviewing, but they then played that tape for Erin, and she admitted she had never told anybody how miserable she was, but still felt they should have known.

That's what I remember...maybe we saw a different show? But she didn't say anything about Henry Winkler...I got the impression she was talking about her family. I just remember thinking she seemed like she was pretty messed up, and should probably get some counseling. This interview was a long time ago, though.
    Love The Bachelor? Catch the recap for this season's sacrificial lamb lucky guy here in Episode 1, Episode 2, Episode 3, Episode 4, Episode 5, Episode 6 and Episode 7.

Quote Originally Posted by nilesgirl
    Hey does anyone remember Fonzie's girlfriend with the little girl Heather?(Played by the deceased Heather O'Rourke) I remember one episode where Heather was hit by a car. That episode made me ball my eyes out. 'Cause I knew that the actress was dead and it was just so sad. Heather O'Rourke was only 12 years old when she died. Too young.
    The actress was Linda Purl. I don't remember the character name, though.
    He who laughs last thinks slowest

#oldmanbeatdown - Donny BB16

re Al Molinaro

07-29-2002

Friday, February 04, 2005 - 6:54 am
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    al molinaro, has had MS for quite a few years. from what i've heard (through the MS vines - my SIL has it) he no longer speaks or walks.

02-05-2002

Friday, February 04, 2005 - 7:48 am
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thanks Landi. I wish they would have at least acknowledged him though...
    Last edited by val123elephant; 02-08-2005 at 10:05 AM. Reason: adding content
    So live that anyone speaking ill of you is branded a liar

Ty for the info val & dagwood. The character name was Ashley Fister. Not sure I spelled the last name right. Too bad about Al Molinaro. (Al) That's so sad. I'm actually doing a 5 mile walk for MS in April. It's my 4th year doing it and my 2nd year doing it as a team (I've got some friends walking with me).
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    They did have some clips with Al in them. But it might have been nice to say why he wasn't there, even if it ruined the upbeat mood a bit.... Or maybe "Al" didn't want them to.
    They didn't even bring "Arnold" in until the last 15 seconds which I thought was a shame also.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast