+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Happy Days Reunion Special

Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    I also wanted to see Jenny Pickalow (sp?)...did they show her in the last hour at all?
    You know, I think I saw her on the bus and at the baseball game. She looks exactly like she did back in the day.

I absolutely LOVE Henry Winkler! What a cute man he is, inside and out.
    Before you criticize someone, you should walk a mile in their shoes. That way, when you criticize them, you're a mile away and you have their shoes.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    Oh yea..Henry Winkler! He sure is a sweet guy.. the man looks great! I really liked how he the library system asked him for help!! How adorable. Kids getting library cards went up 500%! Holy crap!

We were also talking about The Fonz and how growing up we NEVER spoke bad about him. NEVER! He was cooool!
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Premium Member
    Quote Originally Posted by Maveno
    We had SO many conversations about "the old days"..
    ..the old tvs that we grew up watching these shows on
    ..Vertical/Horizontal Hold and stomping on the floor to have it stop
    ..only stations were ABC & NBC..CBS not so much cuz it was always bad reception..
    How could I have forgotten about the flipping pictures of my youth! And having to adjust the rabbit ears to even get a picture.

I only saw the last 20 minutes because I was at work but I'm planning to watch it tonight. I thought it was funny that they showed a clip of the "jump the shark" episode and acknowledged that Happy Days was the origin of the phrase as it's used today.
    I also loved when they showed Fonzie and Marion making out between their lines when they were shooting that scent in the Cunningham's living room. She is great, she just went right along with it which made it sooo funny.
    I "grew up" with Ron Howard and remember watching him as Opie, I just think he is so talented and I can't wait to watch this.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I only got the last hour... what happened in the first?
    Arnold only got about 15 seconds.
    Someone remind me who Pinky was please...sounds familiar but no image is coming up.
    The hour I saw was great--such a warm and fuzzy feeling from the cast.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I thought this was a great show. Lots of times reunion shows are either bitter or too staged. I thought the emotion between cast members was so genuine.

However, am I the only one who thought that Scott Baio looked like he'd rather be getting his toenails cut than be on the show? He looked uncomfortable.

Henry Winkler is still a cool guy. And I've always loved Ralph Malph Loved the clip of the 3 of them (Richie, Potsie and Ralph) pretending not to speak English until the girls said they wanted to make out. LOL

Bloopers were funny too - especially Mrs. C. and Fonzie making out!

Premium Member
    I watched the whole thing tonight and I agree that the baseball segment was pretty boring, but it seemed to mean a lot to the cast so that's ok. Except for Garry Marshall really getting on my nerves it was a great show.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I agree about Scott Baio--given I only saw the last half. Gary Marshall even commented on it. He did say nice things to Gary at the end, but didn't seem to be much relating to the rest of the cast. "Joanie" was shown getting tears in her eyes over the Joanie/Chachi clips but not him.

So was the first half all a baseball game?

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
    Did anyone else think Joanie is a little crazy? She scared me a little.
    I remember they had a reunion show years ago and Joanie didn't show up. her statement was "they were all evil and I rather forget that time." or something to that sort. I just shook my head and thought, another child actor gone around the bend, toys in the attic, a few slices short of a full loaf.

I LOVED it too! I grew up watching Happy Days (and have been known to watch many a re-run, even now!). I found myself getting a little misty during certain parts of the reunion show. They don't make sitcoms like that anymore.

I actually enjoyed the softball game part of it - you could see how much all of the cast members cared about each other. Ron Howard even commented to Marian Ross and Henry Winkler about how pleased he was that everyone said "yes" to the reunion. I though Scott Baio looked a little non-plussed by the whole thing too. Maybe he's under some illusion that he's too cool for the room. Um... hello... Ron Howard - Oscar winner. You - Charles in Charge. 'Nuff said.

About Erin Moran - does anyone else remember her coming out a few years ago talking about sexual abuse and naming Henry Winkler? I remember watching her on some show talking about that and just thinking "How sad." She's obviously got issues. (that's not to say that people who claim they were sexually abused as children are lying - not by any means - but her whole story just rang false to me. JMHO).

I had a Fonzie t-shirt when I was a kid. I wonder whatever happened to it....
    Anti-intellectualism has been a constant thread winding its way through our political and cultural life, nurtured by the false notion that democracy means that 'my ignorance is just as good as your knowledge.' - Isaac Asimov

I was thinking of the immortal words of Socrates, who said, "... I drank what?"

Quote Originally Posted by Rumpshaker
    This reunion show was so fun to watch! Isn't it amazing how much info we can store in our memories? It's crazy! I could remember lines to many of the clips they'd show .... like Richie gets drunk at the bachelor party and Mr. C asks him how many teeny-weeny glasses he drank, and I shouted "72!"

I Totally did that too!!! SEVENTY-TWO!!!
    I got the weirdest look from my husband ...
    "Quotes on the internet may not be accurate." - Abraham Lincoln

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast