+ Reply to Thread

Thread: North of 60

North of 60

Does anyone watch this show in reruns or anticipate the movies as eagerly as my household does? This is probably the best television drama I've ever watched, and I've been mourning it since it went off the air. CBC aired the latest North of 60 Mystery last night, Distant Drummings, and I wondered if anyone else saw it? Most of the fabulous cast was back, but I sure miss Sarah and Albert. I do love that they're keeping the series alive with these occasional movies...any other fans here at the Fort?
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

I watched North of 60 when it was a serial... I did not watch the show when it was first aired but caught it on reruns. CBC played the episodes from beginning to end and I was hooked. The acting was excellent, the characters deep, and the storyline very thoughtful. My favourite was Eric and I was incredibly sad when he died. I was hoping that he would somehow return to the show (that maybe his death was a mistake) but it never happened.

I did not get the chance to see the movie mystery last night. Do you know if it will be aired again? I would like to see it.

Oh good, a fellow fan.

If you get APTN, sooz, you may see the movie in a rerun. They show North of 60 repeats regularly and occasionally rebroadcast the movies.

The movies are much like the series...some, like last night's show, have a very hard-hitting, political message, and some are more spiritual and character-centered.

Tina Keeper and Dakota House are brilliant actors. They're not on TV nearly enough to suit me. I read something online about Dakota making a guest appearance on the X-Files at one time, but I don't recall it...and I thought I'd seen every X-Files epi.
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by sooz
    I did not get the chance to see the movie mystery last night. Do you know if it will be aired again? I would like to see it.
    Keep an eye on Showcase as well. They recently ran all the North of 60 movies. (And I miss Eric too. But there was some bad blood between he and Tina Keeper in real life.)

I agree Jane, this was a great show, and should never have been cancelled. Thank god for the movies. My Dad is addicted to this show as well. I was going to tell my Mom on the phone yesterday to remind my Dad to watch it, but she beat me to it: "Dad says to tell you to watch the movie on CBC tonight."

I actually have all the episodes and the movies on tape. It's so sad that the actor who played Joey killed himself. He always seemed so happy on the show.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I never heard that about Tina Keeper...interesting, since they were beginning a romantic storyline with Michelle and Eric.

Here's an interview with Tina for anyone who's interested, mainly about Distant Drummings (what a great title). I really hope the next movie will pick up right after this one - the tension between Michelle and TeeVee is great, I would love to see it developed.

http://www.wintertime.com/OH/Nof60/I...ews/tina3.html

i was so moved by the acting and storyline that Adam Beach played that i named my son Nevada.
    ~~ try your very best not to scream ~~

LOVE Adam Beach!!! Too bad he didn't stay on the show longer. But his career really seems to be going places.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

+ Reply to Thread