+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Committed

Committed

Has anybody been watching this show? I find it quite amusing. The characters are really quirky. Tom Poston as the clown is very funny.

I would like to know more about the show Committed. What day is it on and what channel so I can watch it.

Tuesdays at 9:30 on NBC. Tom Poston is pretty funny, but I'm not too sure about the rest of them.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

Quote Originally Posted by CIAO
    I would like to know more about the show Committed. What day is it on and what channel so I can watch it.
    If you are in the central time zone, it's on at 8:30 on Tuesdays, after Scrubs.

The basic premise is a couple ( Marni & Nate ) that each has their own issues. They get together accidentally on a blind date ( they each picked the wrong person at the meeting place ). She's a goofy, positive physical therapist with a really weird outlook on life. She has a "dying" clown ( Tom Posten ) living in her closet that came with the apartment. He goes by "Clown". She has a snarky friend Tess, who is the nanny in the apartment across the hall. One of Marni's patients is like Urkel in a wheel chair. His name is Todd and he has a crush on Marni and wants Nate out of the picture.
    Nate is a genius with a family history of mental illness and some OCD issues. He works in a used record store ( he's afraid he will end up like his father if he uses his genius potential ). The record store is run by a his friend Bowie ( who happens to be black ) who is a study in contrasts. He is really macho one minute and really sensitive the next.

That basically sums up the major characters.

I love Clown, but they need to loose Todd.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I think the show is pretty funny... doesn't always go for the obvious. Not quite must see for me, but definitely something I enjoy when I do. Think Dharma and Greg with both charactors as nutty as Dharma.

I'm not completely insane quanahg's Avatar
    I think it's better writing than Dharma and Greg. I like how Nate's friend is a contrast. He's a real human being. I love that. I hope this smart and funny show stays on. Also, hurray for the return of Tammi Lynn Michaels.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by quanahg
    I think it's better writing than Dharma and Greg. I like how Nate's friend is a contrast. He's a real human being. I love that. I hope this smart and funny show stays on. Also, hurray for the return of Tammi Lynn Michaels.
    Yes, I completely agree, better writing than D & G. Was just trying to convey the concept--that is, the couple is already together after the first episode or two.

+ Reply to Thread