+ Reply to Thread
Page 9 of 23 FirstFirst 12345678910111213141516171819 ... LastLast

Thread: NUMB3Rs (CBS)

FORT Fan
    The only thing that bothered me about the premiere was that they showed us who the criminals were from the beginning. It hasn't always been hard to figure out but I do like it better when they don't let us know until the end. I also prefer the crime stories rather than their person life stories but I still like the show so I'll keep watching. Thanks

I was really looking forward to it and am a bit disappointed with the premier. I'm hoping that it picks up, but it seems predictable.
    Yup, with donuts!!

11sstephanie, I actually saw a fair amount of advertising for the show. But it wasn't all summer, just right near the end.

Ratings from friday
    At 10 p.m., the season premiere of CBS' "Numb3rs" posted a 7.4/13. NBC's "Law & Order" season premiere was close behind at 7.3/13. ABC got a 5.4/10 from "20/20."
    Source: http://www.zap2it.com/tv/ratings/zap...ings-headlines

Comparitively for a Friday to the other hours, it was on par or better than the rest. It's always done well Friday's and I think it's a good staple friday show.

While I usually dislike two-part episodes in any tv show, I thoroughly enjoyed this one, especially the second part last night. Probably not surprising since this is one of my favorite shows.

I am enjoying the developing relationships between Larry/Megan and Charlie/Amida. Judd Hirsch brings his own special talents to the show and any episode in which Lou Diamond Phillips guest stars is a treat.

Oh, and I do like the math, too.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

We really enjoyed this season premiere, like a movie it was so good. It's always sure to be a great show with Lou Diamond Phillips. I love how they bring him back for the best shows! He just makes it that much better. And I like Lou, but I'm glad he's not a part of the regulars, so that it is even better/more special when he shows up.

I thought for sure that Dad was going to move into his condo and then the two brothers would be roomates with Dad always showing up!

I think this show gets better every season. We'll see if the rest of it is as good as the first 2 (one big one!)

I forgot to mention that I got a kick out of the Easter Egg the writers slipped in during the discussion between Dad and Don about the little league baseball game. Anyone else catch this one?

Don said that the name of the kid pitching was John Cansella. That was the name of Kevin Costner's (Ray Cansella) father in Field of Dream, although that character was catcher.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

This could be fun!
    ______________________________ ______________________________ ___
    Fans of CBS' Numbers (Fridays at 10 pm/ET) should brace themselves, since a new professor is coming to Cal Sci, and it could mean trouble for the tenuous romance between Amita and Charlie. This week, Kathy Najimy joins the cast as Mildred French, Amita and Charlie's very driven boss. Here, the actress who can also be heard as Peggy Hill on the long-running King of the Hill explains to TVGuide.com how "Millie" isn't exactly what she seems.

For the rest of the interview, go to http://tinyurl.com/y832py

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    I watched the Kathy N. debut--thought it was done quite well. She's a not unreasonable dept. chair so far.
    I haven't watched the show in quite a while. Is Amita a student or a professor...one minute she seemed to be being a tenure track asst. professor and the next she was still working on her degree...you couldn't be both at a place like Cal Sci is supposed to be. If she's a student she certainly shouldn't be dating her prof. Or maybe she's a post doc? Still not a good idea to date your boss....

PWS, I think she's an assistant professor and it sounds like she has more than one degree. I think Kathy N. is head honcho of all the science dept.s and then Charlie and Larry head certain science dept.s and Amita, although a professor, is a subordinate - like you said, she must be an assistant prof. I don't think she reports directly to Charlie so I don't know what the conflict is but it wouldn't be good tv if there wasn't a conflict! I think Millie (Kathy) wants Amita to work directly under her, but maybe somehow Charlie is still over Amita which is why Millie thinks there is a problem. I don't know, I'm confused too! But I did like the end where Millie goes out with the dad and Amita tells Charlie "She could be your stepmom!" The look on his face was priceless.

They needed to bring in some quirky comic relief since the actor who plays Larry will soon be off the show while he's doing his stint on 24. But he'll be back later on. I'd like to see him finally committ to Megan instead of being so scared of a relationship. I think the actress is preganant in real-life but they didn't write it in. You can see them shoot her at different camera angles to hide it.

I Is Stephanie
    Yes, she took a job at CalSci after graduating at the end of last season- After turning one down from Harvard, that is. Gotta love the drama. However, in the first 2 season, Amita is just a student, and Charlie is her professor. This is kind of confusing, come to think of it!
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

+ Reply to Thread