+ Reply to Thread
Page 8 of 23 FirstFirst 123456789101112131415161718 ... LastLast

Thread: NUMB3Rs (CBS)

I love how Larry and Charlie work together and how they work together with Charlie's father.

I love how the whole cast inter-relates. It makes it much more enjoyable when I actually believe that the characters can work together. Even if they wouldn't be best friends, which they aren't!!, they still have mutual respect for one another.

Charlie got together with a hot ex-college girlfriend last episode. Amita looked a bit jealous. No episode recaps available so I am unsure what occurred to stop Charlie and Amita from getting together so any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
    Yup, with donuts!!

I really like this show too! It always has a great mystery to be solved. And often the brothers learn something about each other they didnt' know. I keep forgetting to watch it though. I should probably just set up my VCR so when I remember it's not already over.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

This week's episode was wonderful, I thought. It dealt with a very contemporary and disturbing issue, as many of the episodes do.

For the humorous relief, it was fun to watch Larry and Megan's first date. I hope there will be more.

For those who enjoy Numb3rs, I would also recommend the AMC series, Hu$tle if you haven't yet found it. It's done as a cooperative venture between AMC and BBC and is about a group of very talented con game artists. It's intelligent and witty. Most well known of the cast are Robert (The Man from U.N.C.L.E) Vaughn and Adrian (Primary Colors) Lester.

Along with the entertainment, they give a lot of information on how cons operate and at the end of each episode they show exactly how they pulled it off.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by buglover View Post
    Charlie got together with a hot ex-college girlfriend last episode. Amita looked a bit jealous. No episode recaps available so I am unsure what occurred to stop Charlie and Amita from getting together so any input would be appreciated. Thanks!
    buglover, they have gone out on one official date and it was a disaster. They found that they had nothing in common besides their love of math. Both seemed disappointed, grasping at straws to find common ground. By the end of the episode, without words, it seems they decided they were going to keep things casual - beer, tv and pizza with tag-along-Larry.
    Amita was jealous about Charlie and Jenny but a few episodes back Charlie was jealous that Amita was hanging out with his 'arch rival' (who was trying to poke holes in the Epps theory) They both have the fever they just don't know what to do about it or how to advance it.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Awww..... I love them but can see the problem! Thanks Duxxy! I remember the episode with the arch rival. It was good.
    Yup, with donuts!!

Bringing some of my faves back to the front. Numbers starts this Friday. I hope Judd Hirsch doesn't leave for Studio 60.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Bringing some of my faves back to the front. Numbers starts this Friday. I hope Judd Hirsch doesn't leave for Studio 60.
    I've been watching re-runs this summer and cannot wait for this to come back! Friday nights are better with Numbers!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Numb3ers is one of my few must-see shows. It looks as if Judd Hirsch's appearance on Studio 60 was a guest shot as was Ed Asner's. I'd love to see him make additional appearance on that show as long as he stays with Numb3rs.

I can easily see him doing both.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I Is Stephanie
    NUMB3RS was one of my top 3 shows, but after the season permiere the other night, I'm VERY disappointed. It ruined all of the humor, and the background storyline. And seriously, To Be Continued? I don't think that's a very good way to go, as most of the stories have nothing to do with each other. I mean, why start now?

It looks to me like they are trying to kill the show off, as there was not only no sub-plots, but no advertising. My mother came running downstairs at 10:05 shouting 'NUMB3RS is on! You're missing it!" It was heavily advertised last season, but I don't know how ratings were. If someone could find them, I might be abe to tell what they are doing.

I think the ratings might have been bad, but not quite bad enough to take it off the air. Well, they just might be now, as I don't think that I'll be watching anymore. And I'm sure that at least some of you feel the same way.
    ...And the strange boy continued to weave in and out of her life, leaving her with a sense of wonder and amazment, but also, a feeling of loss, knowing that life might never be the same again.

+ Reply to Thread