+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: NUMB3Rs (CBS)

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    Sabrina is the female FBI gal that plays like the 2nd in command or whatever to Epps. (she was on Sliders and that great comedy Sports Night)

I really like her and the kinds of roles she plays--spunky tomboy (or grown up equivalent). Still irked that Sliders ended with her boyfriend (who is now playing Jordan's off again on again boyfriend on Crossing Jordan) taking off with another woman!

Quote Originally Posted by Swingsongbird
    I guess I'll catch it in re-runs. That is if CBS doesn't pull the plug or something stupid like that.
    Good news! I read that NUMB3RS is renewed for the fall season! Hurray for geeks!
    Dogs have owners. Cats have staff.

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Oh, bad news on this part:

http://www.thefutoncritic.com/cgi/newswire.cgi?id=6910

NUMB3RS (CBS) - Sabrina Lloyd will not be returning for the show's second season after not appearing in the show's final installments this season. The producers released a statement to TV Guide which said: "Sabrina Lloyd will not be returning for the 2005/2006 season of Numbers. Her contract allowed her the option of leaving following the first season. Everyone at Numbers obviously wishes her well. In addition, her character of Terry Lake will not be recast. However, new principal cast members will be added to the FBI world."
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

I'd want to leave too if they wrote me out of the script like they appeared to do with her.

When the show began it could have gone in any number of directions once the tweaking began, and someone on the show must not have been attracted to her. Even though the relationship of the two sons and their dad did become a central theme in the show, I'm happy that it hasn't run roughshod over the rest of the storyline like I anticipated it would sappily do prior to the show airing.

It would be kind of strange for them to recast her character considering the lack of airtime she received; I hope whoever they do bring aboard is intended as something more than a prop for FBI bro.

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by BravoFan
    Gloom re Sabrina not returning....

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    Well, I hope she finds another gig. I really like her, and she's a way underutilized actress imo.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

Is anyone watching this season?

I really enjoy this show. It's intellectual, smart, and I learn something new every episode. I am not particularly impressed with the new female lead whose name escapes me at the moment, but she doesn't do a bad job either. I just love the lead characters though. And I am so glad it is doing well ratings-wise!

FORT Fanatic
    im watching numb3rs this season. i agree with you canadian angel about the new female lead. she's okay but doesnt do a bad job of it. but something about her irritates me. she's like a female version of actor playing larry (the ally mcbeal weirdo). lol. not in character but of looks. love the brothers and father and how they interact with one another.

i have a d*mn schedule. my must see tv.

monday: whenever i remember ill watch related, but starting january its 24

tuesday: its NCIS, and supernatural, and i guess i have to record something because of AI5

wednesday: LOST, CSI:NY, and AI5

thursday: CSI:LV

friday: numb3rs, and if im out i make sure i record it. dork is cool. lol. my family and friends cant believe i watch this. but its interesting. really, when i was little, i always thought numbers don't matter, only if you decide to go into a career that deals with numbers like engineering, accounting, etc. not until i went off to college it does matter. always use numbers in life in different forms, not that equation crap we all hated in school.

saturday: absolutely nothing. its night out.

sunday: umm...charmed...yes. still watching it. til the end (hoping it'll end this summer though the way its going...lol)

After Lost, I would say this is my next favorite show. If for some reason, I can't watch it, I tape it.

Numb3rs will join my DVD collection when it comes out.

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel View Post
    After Lost, I would say this is my next favorite show. If for some reason, I can't watch it, I tape it.

Numb3rs will join my DVD collection when it comes out.
    I agree. It's in my top three among Lost and Alias. I'm glad I'm not the only watching it this season.

I miss the old sidekick female but love how they have expanded the role of Larry. I remember Peter McNicol (sp?) from the movie "Dragonslayer" years ago.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

+ Reply to Thread