+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 23 FirstFirst 1234567891011121314 ... LastLast

Thread: NUMB3Rs (CBS)

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    But this guy seems beyond that mode--on the verge of autistic/Asberger's syndrome.

Re the whole explaining the math issue I watched the bank robbery episode with a biochemist, who is pretty good at math, and told him about the discussion. His opinion was that they don't explain the math because they can't--it's impossible to do what they do at least at this point--more science fiction than math/science that you could explain. Whereas CSI is reality based so you can.
    Last edited by PWS; 02-04-2005 at 09:14 PM.

when in the heck is this show on??

ok nm - next show is Friday, February 11, 10PM ET/PT

"Structural Corruption"

Charlie convinces Don to investigate a studentís suicide in order to make sure that it was not murder.

Just watched last night's show. I'm really enjoying it. At least I have something to look forward to on Friday nights.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by speedbump
    Just watched last night's show. I'm really enjoying it. At least I have something to look forward to on Friday nights.
    Yeah, there is nothing else good on Friday nights. Friday is traditionally a dumping ground for shows...I hope CBS has faith enough in this show to keep it going rather than relegate to poor Friday night ratings.

Quote Originally Posted by crackerjack
    Yeah, there is nothing else good on Friday nights. Friday is traditionally a dumping ground for shows...I hope CBS has faith enough in this show to keep it going rather than relegate to poor Friday night ratings.
    I enjoy Numbers, but there are two more shows on Friday night that are worth watching:Third Watch (It's a great show) and Medical Investigation is not too bad. Other than that, you are correct. Saturday is the night with absolutely nothing on.

FORT Regular
    I have never been interested in Third Watch. I never watched ER and thought it sounded similar. If you are endorsing Medical Investigation, I will give it a try! Saturday is the night we date night for my wife and I so we are never home to know that it was a sucky night for TV!

I really, really want to like this show, but for some reason, it just doesn't click for me. Individually, I enjoy the actors and the producers/directors, but I just can't seem to get into it. It's odd, because I like math, mysteries and cute actors...why not the trifecta?

Every week, I say I will give it one more week. I think I'll end up "one more week"ing it through the entire season.

Catherine
    "Nothing intoxicates some people like a sip of authority."

I'm still enjoying it, but Fridays are FULL OF GOOD TV

SCIFI Friday Babeeee... luckily SciFi repeats their shows a gazzilion times, as does USA with Monk

And uh... Joan Of Arcadia is still pretty good
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

FORT Regular
    Quote Originally Posted by cali
    And uh... Joan Of Arcadia is still pretty good
    I liked this okay the first season. I have since lost interest. I thought the season finale was pretty bad. I watched a few episodes this year and am not sure why I liked it the first time. I missed the Hillary Duff episode though. Shoot!

Interesting story last night but .. this time the numbers did lie (in the case of the boy jumping/falling)
    I don't think they are going to be able to come up with enough episodes that will involve both brothers.
    I did like the personal interactions between the family and their 'others'

+ Reply to Thread