+ Reply to Thread
Page 20 of 23 FirstFirst ... 1011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: NUMB3Rs (CBS)

Re: NUMB3Rs (CBS)

Some of the current story lines have caused me to think this show is winding down. They seem to be resolving a lot of character arcs year and once again we lost Larry Fleinhart. I sincerely hope its not true; though it has had a nice long run, Numb3rs remains among my favorite shows. I do love math although the higher math on this show is way beyond my understanding, but it is an intelligent show with warm and interesting characters across the board. I will miss it a lot if it ends.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I think the writing is better this season & was wondering if they got new producers/writers. And I like the guest stars, especially Tony Hale.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Yes, I liked the older guys with Kathy and Diane as well...maybe they will bring them back for some kind of triple wedding!
    Did Kathy and the dad break up? I sometimes miss the show, never got why she disappeared even as the occasional guest star.

Quote Originally Posted by justCoz;3743963;
    I hope this isn't the last season. We really enjoy this show at my house. We DVR all our shows and this is one we actually watch on Friday or Saturday at the latest. We only DVR it so I don't have to be tied to being home at a certain time (and skip commercials!) There are other shows we watch too, but this one is still in the top ten on my season pass. I don't watch Flashpoint and won't be starting, so if they put that there they will lose this viewer at that timeslot. I will follow Numb3rs where it goes. What's up with CBS anyhow? First The Unit, next Without a Trace, rumors of Cold Case and now Numb3rs. Do they not want me to watch their station anymore?
    Well, they did pick up Medium so that now there are two paranormal shows on their Friday schedule. I still have last Friday's show to watch again...it was a hoot. Without Larry and his eccentricities, they filled the slot nicely with the engineer and the Dept 44 guy (was he almost creepy or what? LOL)

I, too, want a wedding this year. If it is the final season, perhaps they will let us resolve it all on the final show. I'll miss it.

ETA: A clue that this will probably be the final season is that "Amita" had a prominent role a couple of weeks ago on Flash Forward. Whether it will be recurring is unknown to me, but it looks as though she had the time to film something current after Numbers finished filming.
    Last edited by Arielflies; 11-05-2009 at 11:05 PM.
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

I read on another board, that they've reduced the number of episodes from 22 to 16 and it looks like they'll be winding up the story lines.

here's what I read:

CBS' decision to cut Numb3r's episode count from 22 to 16 is the clearest sign yet that the CBS procedural's current sixth season will likely be its last. That's the bad news. The good news is that the network gave producers enough notice to plan for a possible series finale.
    "We will be doing a 16th episode that wraps up storylines and answers questions," reveals the show's co-creator Cheryl Heuton. "It will be designed to stand as a finale, but it won't create story situations that would hamper us if the network should decide to order more episodes."
    Heuton says she's confident the episode "will give fans what they've been waiting for… We're looking to feature all our characters and give good moments to every member of the cast."
    Bottom line: We won't have another Las Vegas-type debacle on our hands.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

Rumbelle - so many feels Little Sew&Sew's Avatar

Agent Edgerton makes an appearance on tomorrow nights episode.
    All magic comes with a price - Rumpelstiltskin

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I saw an ad for Numbers tonight that said there were only 2 more new episodes of Numbers. Did they mean forever? Or just this season? Does anyone know?

They mean forever PWS, the show has 'not been renewed' so they are lining everyone's ducks up in a row.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wow... are they going to be able to squeeze a wedding finale in? I want to see Amita and Charlie get married!

I believe there will be a wedding - I remember reading they were tying up storylines - most likely won't get a wedding episode, but the wedding during an episode.
    “No matter how dark the moment, love and hope are always possible.” George Chakiris

Believe nothing that you hear and only half of what you see. :nono

+ Reply to Thread