+ Reply to Thread
Page 17 of 23 FirstFirst ... 7891011121314151617181920212223 LastLast

Thread: NUMB3Rs (CBS)

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: NUMB3Rs (CBS)

Heh...loved the ending comment...of course you realize that now you have to marry her, right?
    Well, we were asking earlier why their relationship isn't moving on.... guess it may start to now....

Ooh no!! Charlie losing his clearance is going to make a lot of things difficult. I think it will be very interesting when this show returns in the fall. I cannot believe the way it ended. I wasn't overly blown away by the episode, but the ending certainly left my jaw dropped.

Charlie losing his clearance means his job is basically boring now, he can't help his brother. What the heck is he going to do now? I hope someone figures out a way to get him some security clearance so he can do the projects at the University at least.
    Yup, with donuts!!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Wonder if his girlfriend's parents will be so thrilled to have a "criminal" in the family?
    His fellow prof who got arrested also got arrested in a similar Homeland Security overreaction story on Jordan (he was Bug....with that beard didn't recognize him til he talked). Seems to be the go to guy for those stories!

I think that either Charlie will get his clearance back -- that can easily be done if the government wants it done -- or he will work with them silently behind the scenes with the team covering for him. The show's premise is that Charlie uses his math to help solve crimes; if that's gone, so is the show.

I also think there will continue to be a breach between Charlie and Don over this issue that will not be resolved too quickly and that Alan will be pulled into it. With Alan's 60's protest background, he'd probably lean more towards Charlie's view than towards Don's. Could make for some interesting family dynamics for next season.

I'm really sorry to see Diane Farr go. I always liked the actress and the character. I think Larry is sticking around; his remark to Charlie that his and Megan's relationship had never needed physical promixity to survive.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

Quote Originally Posted by Florimel;3007689;
    I think that either Charlie will get his clearance back -- that can easily be done if the government wants it done -- or he will work with them silently behind the scenes with the team covering for him. The show's premise is that Charlie uses his math to help solve crimes; if that's gone, so is the show.

I also think there will continue to be a breach between Charlie and Don over this issue that will not be resolved too quickly and that Alan will be pulled into it. With Alan's 60's protest background, he'd probably lean more towards Charlie's view than towards Don's. Could make for some interesting family dynamics for next season.

I'm really sorry to see Diane Farr go. I always liked the actress and the character. I think Larry is sticking around; his remark to Charlie that his and Megan's relationship had never needed physical promixity to survive.
    I agree 100% here. Should be interesting to see what happens with the how he will use Math to solve Crimes with out the clearance. Maybe just as easy as the first show will have Don and Charlie bickering a bit in the beginning and then the Case that has the NSA /FBI whoever needing Charlie's help and trying to get him to accept his clearance back or get his brother to bring him in to help. Charlie did say that was a bit more hard than I thought it was going to be.... He will miss working with his brother... Don didn't say too much...never does. Always has to be the brooder brother Dad will probably take to both sides a bit but as you said he was is a bit more likely to go with charlie with his background.

I am also very sad to see Megan go but not surprised. Having a new baby well I choose to stay home with my son over work. Maybe that was it for her too. Not sure how many shows back 1 or 2... but the whole Colby and Don's Ex girlfriend going to get a drink together... Bring that on!!!!! I thought oh heck yeah that would be cool. They owe him that much after the time they gave him before...and him not having much luck with ladies...megan trying to set him up.... So bring on the Ex. let Don get a bit jealous... he needs it. He needs to get over his commentment issues.
    Namway

This show has officially gotten stale for me. I used to rush home to watch it at 10pm every Friday evening and now I find myself just catching up online. The whole situation with Charlie losing his credentials seemed legit but last night he just got them back. The Director didn't want him getting them back, but boom, he did. I lost alot of interest when Megan left the Bureau. It just doesn't have a good feel for me and the new agent (from the other show with James Woods) doesn't do it for me either. I think this may be the last season for this show.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I, for one, was delighted that they probably ended this story line. It was always a given that Charlier would regain his clearance; it also made sense since the i.n.i.t.i.a.l agencies can pretty much do whatever they like if someone in authority wants it. I do think we may hear a little more in the future about why it happened as it did.

The show still appeas to me very much on many levels. I love watching the Eppes family as it reminds me of my own in many ways. And, I always like to see more of Judd HIrsch. I really like the math and whree else on tv can we see applied higher mathmatics?

I do agree a bit with the above poster about the new agent that replaced Megan. She's not connecting with me.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Do we know why Don has such commitment issues? His dad and brother don't seem to. I gather the mom died...did her "leaving" freak Don out? I only watch the show now and then, when I'm home on the weekend, don't tape it, so I know I've missed a lot of background, but I've seen enough episodes to see that the "weird" supposedly more socially inept mathy Charlie has managed to hook up with a mathy hottie with relatively little pushing from her, while Don has gone through babe after babe, always bailing at the slightest sign of commitment desire on their part. A number of them were "in the business" as well, so fully able to understand the stresses of his job--no excuse there. At this point unless there is some giant psychological breakthrough I don't see how they can ever link him up with anyone. I'd certainly never fix a friend up with him, he's hopeless.

PWS, my understanding of this is that much of it has to do with the loss of his mother and the danger of his job. He doesn't want to get too close to anyone and have them worry every time he goes to work or to be the cuase of their grief if he is killed. I aslo think that Don worries about losing someone else he loves. That's Don's point of view at any reate. There are probably more underlying issues as well.

+ Reply to Thread