+ Reply to Thread
Page 13 of 23 FirstFirst ... 345678910111213141516171819202122 ... LastLast

Thread: NUMB3Rs (CBS)

Re: NUMB3Rs (CBS)

Does anyone remember a scene last year with Colby talking about Blade Runner and the director "Ridley Scott" - who is Numb3rs producer?
    I cracked up at that one.

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

I love curling up at home on Friday night and this show is one of the reasons why. It's must-see TV for me, also. If these first two episodes are any indication, this is going to be a great season!

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2602494;
    Does anyone remember a scene last year with Colby talking about Blade Runner and the director "Ridley Scott" - who is Numb3rs producer?
    Yes, I remember that and thought it was funny too.

Quote Originally Posted by schmoo2;2602494;
    Yes, we loved that line at my house as MrC likes that movie. He got a kick out of the mention of it and Ridley Scott.

They've just got to let Colby back! It looks that way anyways. It was a sweet gesture when his partner left the fishhook for him.

Anyone know if the other prof (the one who played Yokas' husband in Third Watch) is sticking around? I really liked him in his role.

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

Another great episode! I enjoyed the new engineering/professor character, too. They way they integrated his role with the storyline and with Judd Hirsch's character getting interested in his class, it seems to me like he might be coming back. I had to look this actor up, his name is Chris Bauer and the character he played was Ray Galuski.

I also enjoyed the new engineering professor. His down-to-earth demeanor is a great contrast to Charlie and Fleinhardt. Really good chemistry with Judd Hirsch, too.

I love Judd Hirsch's character anyway. It's great that they made him a 60's radical. Considering his background, that is very believable. I also love when they show us how smart he really is. Charlie and Don didn't get their talents from thin air.

Numb3rs showcases real issues (such as the horrors of street racing) in an informative, but non-preachy way. It never forgets that its main job is to entertain.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

I really like this show. It's really smart and funny. Cute men who are smart are just HOT!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Goddess of Looks & Books nliedel's Avatar

it does not talk down to me, and I love that.
    I sling romance and makeup
    Home BlogMakeup Blog

Quote Originally Posted by nliedel;2614713;
    it does not talk down to me, and I love that.
    I most definitely agree with this. I love the real world analogies Charlie uses to explain the higher math theories he's applying.

I actually like math, but trig and introductory calculus was as far as I got. So, I don't know if all the math on the show is correct, but I'm sure enough of it is to make it plausible.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread