+ Reply to Thread
Page 11 of 23 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112131415161718192021 ... LastLast

Thread: NUMB3Rs (CBS)

LG.

Re: NUMB3Rs (CBS)

Quote Originally Posted by helpmeturnitoff;2413199;
    but would the FBI really be relying on a mathematician to solve so many of their cases? And would a mathematician be a genius with every type of math? And why is it if Charlie's a genius he needs Amida, Larry, his dad and now Don to help him find the angle to solve equations he apparently invented or revolutionized?

I guess it takes a village to create a logorithm, or something like that. I think the interactions with the dad and the friends are all plot driven so that we can see the family and friend interactions, because watching an actual mathematician work would be horribly dull tv. I like the family dymanics with Don and Charlie and the dad, but I agree that no real FBI agent would have his entire family helping with every case. Just silly. I liked seeing Charlie get excited when faced with real danger in the finale - it was a rush helping the spy guy escape from the assassin, using the magnets in the MRI machine to pin the guy with his own gun. Might make Charlie think about taking up some hobbies that aren't just mental stimulation.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG.;2414948;
    I guess it takes a village to create a logorithm,
    I am so glad I didn't have food or drink in my mouth when I read that.
    "If everything seems under control, you're just not going fast enough." - Mario Andretti

Wow, I wonder if this is accurate (from Scoop on a Gilmore Girls movie, Heroes, Lost, ER, Scrubs and More - Ask Ausiello | TVGuide.com)
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Question: We just watched the season finale of Numbers and found out that Colby (Dylan Bruno) was a spy! Do you have info on what's going on with Dylan Bruno? Is he really off the show? Karen

Ausiello: Nah. Per executive producer Cheryl Heuton, "Dylan Bruno is not leaving the show. He will be back next season as a regular character. Fans will have to tune in next season to find out how Colby Granger's arrest for espionage is going to play out." Heuton confirms that new mama Diane Farr will also be back full-time next season. Meanwhile, "If fans thought the final episode of Season 3 was big, wait until September," she teases. "The Season 4 opener is even bigger."

Maybe Colby is a double spy?

I really hope it's accurate! As long as it doesn't turn into someting silly or too unbelievable.

[
    Click to see Spoiler:
    ] Ahh...why couldn't they just let it be. Show how the team copes with having nurtured a spy and be done with it. Break in a new team member who stumbles a bit, but leave the spy out in the cold.[
    ]
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

Maybe Megan's assignment had to do with learning about
    Click to see Spoiler:
    Colby being a double (or would it be triple?) agent and she was sworn to secrecy and hates keeping something like that from the team because she knows they're going to feel betrayed. She's clearly upset about the mystery assignment they sent her on.

jmb
    FORT Fogey Word Builder Champion jmb's Avatar

I must say that I loved the season finale. It was definitely a shocker. The puzzles that Charlie and Don had to figure out in this epsiode were way cool!

Did anyone else watch the season premier? Am I one of the last remaining 8 people watching it?

I thought it was pretty good. Looks like they jazzed up the camera work a little more. Knowing Colby was a double/triple agent wasn't a surprise at all and Val Kilmer was pretty good. I would've liked to have seen him on as a guest star a little longer.

I wonder how long it will be before we learn of Megan's DOJ assignment. What if she was actually the traitor and not Colby?
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

Ad Astra Per Aspera homeontherange's Avatar

I'm still watching, speedbump! I thought the season premier was great. I love the characters on this show and their interactions with each other. I'm glad Megan and Larry and, apparently, Colby are all back! I was also surprised that Val Kilmer's role was small but he did a good job of being pretty creepy.

I am also watching and have been eagerly awaiting its return. Numb3rs is one of the shows at the top of my list. So sad that many people are so afraid of math that they can't see the drama and humor in this show. It's very well written and well acted. The premise is that just about everything has its basis in math and with that I agree.

I'm happy to see the return of Fleinhardt and Megan. I did miss Kathy Najimi's character in this episode and hope she'll be back.
    Those who would give up essential liberty to purchase a little temporary safety deserve neither liberty nor safety.
    -- Benjamin Franklin, Historical Review of Pennsylvania, 1759

http://www.youravon.com/jmarko

+ Reply to Thread