+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: John

John

From the official site:

John Doeís first memory is waking up in a mysterious clearing on an island off the coast of Seattle. How he got there, who he is or the meaning of the strange mark on his shoulder are questions he canít even begin to fathom. His fears, his likes, his dislikes, his favorite color? More enigmas he canít answer. But itís not what he doesnít know that makes Doe so unique itís what he does know.

Doe has the capacity to know every piece of information available in the world, from the ingredients in a box of Apple Jacks to the mating rituals of a quaggas zebra. And no oneís more surprised or troubled by the things in his head than he is. Thatís not to say knowing everything isnít without its perks Ė it can come in quite handy when playing the ponies or dabbling in the stock market. As Doe traverses on this desperate search to recover his past, he slowly builds a present - with a home, an assistant and friends. And the curse of having the worldís knowledge in his brain is made a little easier when he discovers he can use it to help others.

LG.
    Oh, I want John as my partner the next time I go to a bar and play interactive trivia. We could kick some serious ass, right up to the point where they ask you to type in your team name. The Doe freezes like a deer in the headlights (get it, Doe, ha ha ha).
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Yeah, he'd be good at NTN. Speaking of which, I haven't done that in a long time, because there wasn't a place nearby in Florida to play it. But now that I'm back up here...

What do you think the significance of John being colour blind is?
    "That's Numberwang!"

He wants to be like me.
    When you're ten years old and a car drives by and splashes a puddle of water all over you, it's hard to decide if you should go to school like that or try to go home and change and probably be late. So while he was trying to decide, I drove by and splashed him again. - Jack Handey

Read Paulie's Precaps for Survivor:Vanuatu: 1-2-3-4-5

And me! Knowing everything, being colorblind...I think they based this show on me.

I did read that the military in some countries favour colour blind recruits. I'm not sure if this is the case or why indeed it would be.
    "That's Numberwang!"

Well, my aunt's ex-husband was severely color-blind, similar to John Doe on the show (black and white, or close to it).

He was BEGGED to join the military, and served a stint in the Army. The reason is - because camouflage doesn't work on a color-blind person.

They'd put him in a helicopter, and fly him over a jungle or forest, and he'd be able to point out the camo covered tanks with relative ease.

I don't know why that works that way, but it apparently does.

As for me, I wouldn't be much good, and completely worthless if I were driving at night and came to a single flashing light I always have to ask my wife if they're yellow or red.

Hmmm, interesting.
    Perhaps John Doe is a military man then.
    "That's Numberwang!"

LG.
    Hmmm, that is really interesting, because I knew a color-blind guy who wanted to be a pilot and decided to go to a private flight school instead of joining the US Air Force as the USAF uses color coded instruments to learn to fly whereas private flight instructors use color-neutral controls. So I guess he could have joined the armed forces, just not become a pilot.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast