+ Reply to Thread

Thread: New show forum

New show forum

Looked like we were getting some interest in this new show, so I moved it to its own forum! Now, all you fans, take over from here.

John

From the official site:

Overview

So what am I? Escaped mental patient? Alien that sees in black and white? Government lobotomy experiment? What else was I to think? For a guy who had all the answers, I didn’t have the ones that mattered the most.” - John Doe

From writers Brandon Camp and Mike Thompson (“Dragonfly”) and director Mimi Leder (“Pay It Forward,” “Deep Impact,” “The Peacemaker”) comes the story of JOHN DOE, a mysterious man who rises from the primordial waters of an isolated island, possessing knowledge of literally everything in the world, yet having no memory of who – or even what – he is. Doe quickly finds his way to Seattle, where he befriends the police and uses his special gift to help them solve “impossible” crimes each week, while continuing his unending quest to uncover who he is and where he came from.
    Despite his considerable charm, JOHN DOE (Dominic Purcell) is an emotional island unto himself. Want to know the population of Peru in 1853? How many blue cars there are in the state of Washington? The exact ingredients in a box of Apple Jacks? Or better yet, predict which horse will win every race at the track based on knowing all the statistical variables? Doe has all the answers. But what is he like? Family man or loner? Hero or villain? What is truly in his soul? Doe doesn’t have a clue.

In his search to unlock the key to his past, Doe is joined by KAREN KAWALSKI (Sprague Grayden) his unwitting assistant and one of his few friends. The two of them work to piece together the case of a missing girl who Doe mysteriously feels may have some connection to his previous life or hold a clue to his identity. Doe’s small circle of friends also includes DIGGER (William Forsythe), a Seattle bar owner who is one of his few confidants. Doe’s extraordinary talents catch the eye of FRANK HAYES (John Marshall Jones), the cop assigned to the case who sees something special in this odd stranger. Hayes’ boss, LT. JAMIE AVERY (Jayne Brook), on the other hand, is not as easily convinced that Doe is on the straight and narrow and seeks to uncover the truth about him in her own way.

He may be a government agent, an extraterrestrial or perhaps just a regular John Doe with an unusual bout of amnesia. Whatever secrets his past holds, Doe is now the man who knows everything – a gift that will forever change his destiny. But will it be a blessing or a curse?
    JOHN DOE is produced by Regency Television, a Fox Television Studios and New Regency Enterprises Company. Brandon Camp, Mimi Leder and Mike Thompson are executive producers; Gardner Stern, Geoffrey Neigher, and Carol Trussell are co-executive producers; Gretchen Berg and Aaron Harberts are supervising producers; Michael Berns, Margaret French Isaac, Russel Friend, Garrett Lerner and Matt Pyken are producers.
    "That's Numberwang!"

COMBAT MISSIONS junkie! BravoFan's Avatar
    I have to admit I tried to watch this last night and couldn't get into it. It didn't look bad at all, it just didn't grab me.

Maybe I'll give it another try next week.
    "They can only edit what you give them. They cannot manufacture a fictional character out of thin air." (Bill Rancic - 4/04)
    Regarding editing reality TV: "You can't edit IN a bad personality." ("Cali"-11/02)
    BB8 - A "conveyor belt of human garbage." ("Pono" - 9/07)

My wife totally missed the "naked butt on regular TV" shot. I thought that was reserved for NYPD Blue and other 10pm shows.

I thought this show was MUCH better than the one that preceded it, "Firefly". Two by two, hands of blue. Whassap with that?

John

I got to catch this show at work, seemed ok but if I miss a week its not going to matter very much. I really don't see this going past one season unless they do something to keep the interest up. Having him know everything is going to go stale fast.
    Life should NOT be a journey to the grave with the intention of arriving safely in an attractive and well preserved body, but rather to skid in sideways, chocolate in one hand, martini in the other, body thoroughly used up, totally worn out and screaming "WOO HOO what a ride!" -- Steve Parker

Help feed a dog or cat http://www.theanimalrescuesite.com/c...s/CTDSites.woa

I know that if *I* knew everything (well, if my wife would acknowledge I knew everything, anyway) and could make tons of money on Bauxite futures, I'd just get rich, buy an island, and pick a name for myself

By the way, if he has no idea of anything "personal" like his name, or what kind of clothes he likes, or anything, then how did he choose his hairstyle? And what makes him decide he likes the Cobra over, say, a Mercedes?

And how does he know if he likes Polish or Hot sausages, if he only tries Hot? Maybe he'd REALLY enjoy Polish better?

Sorry, off on a tangent. I guess I don't know everything after all (but don't tell my wife!)

John

I didn't see the show either, but the "I don't know anything about myself" angle reminds me of The Bourne Identity.
    "That's Numberwang!"

I liked the premiere, but I hope the next episode is REALLY good. My parents thought it was dumb because John Doe wouldn't be allowed back in the morgue with dead bodies and he wouldn't be able to have access to police files. I'm not gonna let all that affect what I think about the show. Season premieres aren't always the best anyway.

I actually liked Firefly. Ay first, I was thinking about changing the channel, but it grew on me a little bit. I think I'm gonna stick with it.

+ Reply to Thread