+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Singer-Actress Nell Carter Dead at 54 in L.A.

Singer-Actress Nell Carter Dead at 54 in L.A.

Singer-Actress Nell Carter Dead at 54 in L.A.
    10 minutes ago

LOS ANGELES (Reuters) - Singer-actress Nell Carter, best known for her role as the matronly housekeeper in the 1980s television sitcom "Gimme a Break," died on Thursday of natural causes at the age of 54, her publicist said.

Carter collapsed at her Beverly Hills home in the early morning and was found by one of her adopted sons, spokesman Roger Lane said.

Carter began her showbusiness life as a nightclub performer and won a Tony award in 1978 for her role in the Broadway musical "Ain't Misbehavin"'
    I'm bummed about this. I thought she was a great actress. I really liked her in that one Chevy Chase movie whose name escapes me now.

Wow, this shocks me! I like her too. She actually had a beautiful voice. How sad that she was found by one of her sons. That would be aweful.
    "Rice is great when you're hungry and want 2,000 of something' -- Mitch Hedberg

just above the horizon, but below the ozone
    man, I didn't know she was that young. I remember her in carter country, she played a deputy. so her is what few show i saw of give me a break. she was a good actress, they are dropping like flies here as of late

I was lucky enough to see her on Broadway in "Ain't Misbehavin'". She was incredible.

What a loss...

She was one my favorite actress I never miss Gimme a Break one of my all time favorite shows. I remember when PBS showed ' Ain't Misbehavin" on tv that show was fantastic. John the movie was Modern Problems that was a funny movie it made wish I had that power my father took me and my sister to see it.

Modern Problems - that was it. Thanks! That's been bugging me for a few days now. I really liked that movie, but I'm a big Chevy Chase fan anyway.

+ Reply to Thread