+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica

Re: Battlestar Galactica

Ugh...not the news I wanted to find today. Seems my favorite show is filming it's last season. Seems the producers are following in the footsteps of LOST's.

Reuter's Article

"Battlestar" gets grounded by Sci Fi
    By Nellie Andreeva

LOS ANGELES (Hollywood Reporter) - The upcoming fourth season of Sci Fi Channel's "Battlestar Galactica" will be its final one after all.

After months of speculation, the show's producers are set to make the announcement at a press conference Friday.

Ending "Battlestar" with the upcoming 22-episode fourth season was a creative decision made by the hit show's executive producers Ronald Moore and David Eick.

"This show was always meant to have a beginning, a middle and, finally, an end," Eick and Moore said in a statement Thursday. "Over the course of the last year, the story and the characters have been moving strongly toward that end, and we've decided to listen to those internal voices and conclude the show on our own terms. And while we know our fans will be saddened to know the end is coming, they should brace themselves for a wild ride getting there -- we're going out with a bang."

The fourth and final season of "Galactica" will kick off in November with "Razor," an extended two-hour episode, with the rest of the season slated to run beginning in early 2008.

Sci Fi executive vp original programming Mark Stern said the channel's brass "respect the producers' decision to end the series."

For months, Sci Fi had dispelled rumors about "Battlestar" ending its run after the fourth season.

A couple of weeks ago, one of the show's stars, Edward James Olmos, was quoted as saying that the upcoming batch of episodes were definitely the last ones. Sci Fi issued a statement denying such a decision had been made.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

Better a show come in with quality, ask and develop hard questions and end as well or better then it started then become useless drivel. BG like Babylon5 had an incredible story arc and is fortunate to be able to tell its story unlike Farscape which was cut short by the SciFi channel and of course Invasion which had such potential and sadly Surface a show I loved to hate because it was so bad but I wanted to find out what happened to Nim. Oh, not that I ever watched it Jericho, which had a devoted fan base but was on a network that killed it. I would much rather watch shows like this that have a story to tell instead of endless episodes of Friends or the righteous prigs over on Law and Order.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar

I'd rather they tell their story and end it properly, than just drag it out with a lot of filler.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Is anyone gonna watch Razor? I'm totally looking forward to it as Season 4 is not until next year. Sci Fi is airing these cool 2-minute flashbacks of a young Adama to tease it. They are getting me super excited!

"Beer is proof that God loves us and wants us to be happy."
    Benjamin Franklin.

Quote Originally Posted by Toby;2649384;
    Is anyone gonna watch Razor? I'm totally looking forward to it as Season 4 is not until next year. Sci Fi is airing these cool 2-minute flashbacks of a young Adama to tease it. They are getting me super excited!
    Yes, I admit it, I watch Flash Gordon on the Sci Fi Channel. It's hokey but fun. I do really enjoy the 2 minute prequels to the Razor movie. The casting for young Adama is dead on. It is amazing the intensity that can be packed into a 2 minute segment. What is also a total mystery is how good the Galactica stuff is and yet the same people cannot repeat the same success with the Bionic Woman.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;2651595;
    Yes, I admit it, I watch Flash Gordon on the Sci Fi Channel. It's hokey but fun. I do really enjoy the 2 minute prequels to the Razor movie. The casting for young Adama is dead on. It is amazing the intensity that can be packed into a 2 minute segment. What is also a total mystery is how good the Galactica stuff is and yet the same people cannot repeat the same success with the Bionic Woman.
    I totally agree- the casting of Adama is awesome! He's got EJO's mannerisms and everything, but he resembles Jamie Bamber too!

Benjamin Franklin.

I went and saw Razor on the big screen tonight. You guys are going to love it when it comes out on the 24th.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I know- so excited! Awesome that you got to see it on the big screen...

Hey - so check out these clips I found from Razor- they're different from the webisodes that Sci Fi is posting on their site. Admiral Cain is friggin scary...

Benjamin Franklin.

I'm looking forward to it this Saturday.

Gosh, something good on tv on a Saturday. It's been years since that happened. LOL!

BSG is back on and hitting on all cylinders! Anyone watch it this week? I was talking with one of my customers who is a huge fan of the show about who I thought the fifth cylon was and turned out I was right! Love to hear what you guys thought of the episode.
    "How do you know the chosen ones? No greater love hath a man than he lay down his life for his friend. Not for millions, not for glory, not for fame... for one person. In the dark. Where no one will ever know or see." - Sebastion, Babylon 5

+ Reply to Thread
Page 7 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast