+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    And for you Canadian fans, Space will be airing the season premiere a day later, October 7th.

2 hour premiere - Friday October 6th - 9 - 11 pm EST

2 hour premiere - Friday October 6th - 9 - 11 pm EST

Will probably repeat later that night and at least once the following week.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Wow. Excellent way to start the new series/season. Starbuck being held captive by Leoben, her ovary used to create another cyclon/human child. Apollo fat! Boy, I hope that gut was a prosthesis. Roslyn and 150 others massacred? It looks like it's gonna be a great season.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

LG.
    Did you notice that the shots of Apollo's fat gut didn't ever include a full body shot which also included his face. There was a fat "body double" for those shots, as the actor isn't really that chunky. But it was dropped that he is married to the woman who had worked on the bridge with his dad, can't remember her name, the one who had a love triangle with Apollo and Rosalyn's assistant before he got killed last season. I think that something will happen to prevent President Rosalyn from being executed (and hopefully the others as well). Tigh lost an eye - eeehw, that description was really graphic. His wife is giving it up to the cylon Dean Stockton to secure his freedom, but will she turn on the "resistance" and give up their location to keep Tigh alive? Suicide bombers - that is very politically relevant, but it is so NOT LOGICAL in a battle between mortal humans and cylons who cannot die. Let's kill more, um, people to piss off the robots. Think about it, Tigh.

Why is Adama sending Boomer to meet with the resistance? Why would he think that the folks left on New Caprica would be able to know she is "good Sharon" and not one of the other cylon Sharons on their planet? Makes no sense.

Positive note - Starbuck's man didn't die of pneumonia and looks plenty tough. Sad note - he married Starbuck, but she's locked up with some cylon who stole her ovary and made some hybrid child, only for the little girl to only fall head first onto the stairs? ouch. I know that this is a dark show set in a tough situation, but can't we have one minute of happiness for Starbuck and her guy (I'm terrible with names). Maybe some flashbacks of them during the time on New Caprica before the Cylons invaded. Too much to ask????

I'm glad the show is back.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Quote Originally Posted by LG. View Post
    Did you notice that the shots of Apollo's fat gut didn't ever include a full body shot which also included his face. There was a fat "body double" for those shots, as the actor isn't really that chunky.
    Absolutely was a body double, and the thick cakey makeup he had on was too much to look at. That man is too fine and too British to have gained anywhere near that much weight.
    But it was dropped that he is married to the woman who had worked on the bridge with his dad, can't remember her name, the one who had a love triangle with Apollo and Rosalyn's assistant before he got killed last season.
    Anastasia Dualla.
    I think that something will happen to prevent President Rosalyn from being executed (and hopefully the others as well).
    If I had to speculate, I'd say the other "police" are the ones that do the firing first and destroy the cylons. No way they let them exterminate Rosalyn like that. I loved the irony of how she and Tom Zarak are together in that scene about to be shot.
    Tigh lost an eye - eeehw, that description was really graphic.
    Nothing his character didn't deserve.
    His wife is giving it up to the cylon Dean Stockton to secure his freedom, but will she turn on the "resistance" and give up their location to keep Tigh alive?
    She already did, that's why there are Cylons at the rendezvous point with "good" Sharon.
    Suicide bombers - that is very politically relevant, but it is so NOT LOGICAL in a battle between mortal humans and cylons who cannot die. Let's kill more, um, people to piss off the robots. Think about it, Tigh.
    It's been well publicised that the writers have really attempted to make some strong relevent political statements this season. Should be some great episodes that make you go "hmmmm...."

Why is Adama sending Boomer to meet with the resistance? Why would he think that the folks left on New Caprica would be able to know she is "good Sharon" and not one of the other cylon Sharons on their planet? Makes no sense.
    They did send the message telling them they were sending her to the rendezvous point, and she would not be detected as a newcomer in their midst that way. Every human there must be known and catalogued at this point, so a new face would arouse too much suspicion.

Maybe some flashbacks of them during the time on New Caprica before the Cylons invaded. Too much to ask????
    I'd take just a few more shirtless bodyshots of Starbuck's husband (Anders) to make me happy.

I'm glad the show is back.
    I hear ya. Best show on TV right now without a doubt.
    Support bacteria -- it's the only culture some people have.

FORT Fan
    Did Col. Tigh kill his wife? WHY? They were going to leave the planet in a few hours?

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by norm;2117715;
    Did Col. Tigh kill his wife? WHY? They were going to leave the planet in a few hours?
    He killed her because she betrayed the resistance by giving to Brother Cavel the map she was supposed to burn. Tigh was given the the option of taking care of her, painlessly, because she was his wife. Other wise Pyramid-Boy was going to do it. I wouldn't be surprised if we see her again though.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

LG.
    Yup, Tigh had to take out his Mrs. or somebody else was going to do it for him. Sounds like this week's episode some of the former inhabitants of New Caprica are going to take it upon themselves to dispense "justice" to "collaborators" like the police force now that they are all now back on Galactica. I wonder what Roswell will say about that, as she was definitely not in favor of forgiving collaborators, but she also knows that the human race needs lives and can't be "wasting" lives on past indiscretions. Poor Starbuck bonded with that little girl only to find out she wasn't hers to begin with. At least she's back with Pyramid-Boy now.

and about Hera - I thought for sure Sharon was going to bail on the plan when number six told her that her baby was alive and that they'd lied to her. I don't think it was "right" for Roswell to lie to Sharon (even though she is a cylon) about her child dying. And she lied to Helio too. That is just too cold (of course I'm a mom), and will come back to bite her in the ass. Perhaps if they had told them the truth (even if they didn't let Sharon raise the child) things would be different and Hera wouldn't be in Cylon hands right now. That is going to be big in future plots.
    Last edited by LG.; 10-27-2006 at 02:40 PM.
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Wow...that was one of the greatest slams against Bush's power grab that I have ever had the priviledge of watching dramatized. Another fantastic episode with incredible writing. Bravo!

Here's an interesting article discussing the political impact/betrayal of the conservative fans of this show.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 6 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast