+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica

Season finale 90 minute long

Just a reminder to BG fans.

comments about the finale

Wow, what a twist at the end. Kara married. The Chief married and his wife pregnant. Another cylon human revealed. A truce called. Settlement (a really bad idea in my humble opinion. A rigged election. Surrender to the Cylons.

One of the best scenes was watching Lee Adama walking down the deserted hallway of Pegasus and noting the resemblence to his father, Admiral Adama, it was spooky.

I also liked the little hint of a smile as I watched Laura Rosslyn observe the cylon fleet land on New Caprica and I could just see what she was thinking, "I told you so".

I've got to wait until October???? Bummer!!!

just playing with posting an image

ain't number six scary?

BTW I checked the scifi.com and season 3 with start October 2006 and will run a full 20 episodes. There is a question of running a cable show against the regular networks, there will be much stiffer competition. Hope this will not hurt Battlestar Galactica (ratings) in the long run.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-12-2006 at 12:38 AM.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    http://starwars-ep2.hp.infoseek.co.jp/battlestar_galactica_tricia_he lfer.jpg

just playing with posting an image

ain't number six scary?

BTW I checked the scifi.com and season 3 with start October 2006 and will run a full 20 episodes. There is a question of running a cable show against the regular networks, there will be much stiffer competition. Hope this will not hurt Battlestar Galactica (ratings) in the long run.
    I loved the finale. This opens up the possibility of changing the story from a society of refugees to one under occupation (though I'm sure they will hit the road again). The jump in time also opens up the possibility of the cylon/human hybrid child playing a more active role in the show (even if she is only a little over a year old).

As for the scheduling, the fall schedule will allow the show to run the same episodes in the U.S. as in the U.K. This last season when the U.S. ran the first half of the season in the late summer/early fall, The U.K. started the season later, yet ran it more or less without interruption. When the U.S. started the second half of the season, we sync'd up with the rest of the world. While I would love the show to start earlier, I'd much rather see it continuously. I'm sure it will be worth the wait.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

LG.
    I loved the finale too. I couldn't believe that it took them 2 seasons to cover a 9 month period of time (I think that is what they said) but then in one big swoop they jump ahead a full year. This is going to make for a very interesting next season. There are now two groups of humans who are separated from each other. There is the group on the ground on New Caprica, and the group in the air with the fleet.

On New Caprica: Starbuck and her man Anders
    Chief and his pregnant wife (the engineer woman, can't remember her name)
    Former President Laura Roselynn
    Commander Tigh and his wife
    The half-cylon baby, whom Roselynn knows is the cylon baby

-- seems like they've got enough experienced leaders with Tigh and Roselynn (and Chief, who has become a leader on the planet by winning the union election) to organize a resistance, not to mention that Anders had headed up the resistance group on Caprica for years before Starbuck "rescued" them, only to get them trapped under Cylon rule again.

In the air - Admiral Adama on the Gallactica, with a skeleton crew
    Lee Adama on the Pegasus with his woman (the one who worked on his dad's bridge, can't remember her name)
    Helo - hanging out on the Pegasus, but no clue where "his" cylon Sharon ended up during that year
    They've got the equipment, but only part of their crew, and you know they aren't just going to fly away and not try to go back and get their people away from the toasters.

Very interesting plot twist.

oh, and "President" Baltar and Gaitar - um, they're just screwed. Which is apparently what Baltar did for an entire year. . . .
    Help fight cystic fibrosis or just learn more about it at the cystic fibrosis foundation website, www.cff.org and help give my little guy a better future.

Chief's pregnant wife is Cally.
    Communitions Officer Dualla is Apollo's main squeeze.
    Last edited by Bearcata; 03-14-2006 at 10:04 PM.

i cant wait for the new season to come to dvd in the next bit. i haven't seen any of the new season.

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata View Post
    Chief's pregnant wife is Cally.
    Communitions Officer Dualla is Apollo's main squeeze.
    just an FYI
    The chief's name is Galen Tyrol.
    Dualla's first name is Anastasia.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    The season 2 finale just aired here in Canada yesterday. I thought it was really good, and the ending opens up a lot of potential stories for season 3.

Here in Canada, they showed all of season 2 for 20 weeks straight, starting in January and ending last night. So I don't know what they'll do for season 3, but I'm betting probably the same thing, running all 20 eps in a row starting next January.

Season 3 premiere is this Friday at 9:00pm on Sci-Fi.
    "Be confident in your abilities, be true to your beliefs, work hard for your benefit, accept your responsibilities, and never settle on being average."

+ Reply to Thread
Page 5 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast