+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Battlestar Galactica

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    *12:00 AM, 09-FEBRUARY-05

SCI FI Renews Galactica

SCI FI Channel has ordered a second season of its hit series Battlestar Galactica, which has aired five episodes of its first season of 13 episodes. Details of the renewal—including which cast members will return, how many episodes will be produced and when the second season will commence—were still being worked out at press time.

Battlestar Galactica has been a ratings winner for SCI FI since its Jan. 14 premiere. The latest episode, Feb. 4's "You Can't Go Home Again," scored the show's best ratings yet, with 3.2 million viewers.

For the show's second season, creator and executive producer Ronald D. Moore previously told SCI FI Wire that he has already been working on as many as six new scripts to resolve the multiple cliffhangers that will end season one. Moore added that he wants to delve deeper into the show's religious themes and open up the Cylon world a bit more in the coming season. Moore continues to post his thoughts on a personal blog on SCIFI.COM. Battlestar Galactica airs Fridays at 10 p.m. ET/PT, part of the channel's SCI FI Fridays lineup.

from: http://www.scifi.com/scifiwire2005/index.php?id=30357

I'm still loving this, there is a lot of homage to the original series (despite the sex changes of 2 characters). This is great news. Now if Paramount would fire Berman and Braga form the Star Trek franchise ....
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman
    I like it however, having a hard time getting past Starbuck as a girl.. just doen't fit Call me a Dirk fan and all but i miss his character.
    I was a Dirk fan also, but you have to admit the new Starbuck is not exactly a girly girl while still being a straight female...pretty close in personality to the original Starbuck. These days a guy that full of himself would probably seem less appealing.

Came across this board the other day that has spoiler threads from when the first season was broadcast in the UK. Remember these are spoilers about the shows yet to be seen in the US SO if you don't want to know then don't go there and read them. Message 16 has all the links for the first season shows in order.

http://forums.delphiforums.com/alltv...es/?msg=1293.1
    Diplomacy is the art of saying 'Nice doggie!'...till you can find a rock.

FORT Fan
    So far the show has been very good. There's not a lot going on in terms of big space battles and extensive running away, but the personal drama on the ships and in between characters has been great.

There are just a few issues I wonder about:

I like the Helo on Caprica storyline thus far, but it seems to have no purpose. They follow his every move, but for what purpose? If they wanted to kill him, they would have done it. If they wanted him to lead them somewhere, he's not doing a very good job. Maybe they are just toying with him for fun.

Where is the Cylon fleet? I guess chasing down the survivors is not a big deal.

Why don't they just use x-rays for the Cylon detector? Yes, the Cylon have biological parts and are many ways like humans, but you have to figure that there is some wiring, or electronic stuff inside them people would notice.

Why didn't Chief Tyrol just tell the truth? What's the worst that would happen if the board found out he was dating Boomer? He'd be forced to break it off or something? Well that happened anyways!

Quote Originally Posted by FireWoman
    I like it however, having a hard time getting past Starbuck as a girl.. just doen't fit Call me a Dirk fan and all but i miss his character.
    I was a huge BSG fan as a kid. Starbuck was my favorite.

I watched the mini and hated it. There were some things I really hated like the shakey camera/ pull focus shots of combat.
    I caught the 1st on season 1 on sci-fi (33 minutes) and I was hooked.

I really like the show. Its one of the few shows thats when it ends I want to see the next one right away.

BUT the one thing I hate is the female starbuck. I have a hard time taking her seriously. She looks like she's had to much cologen injections. The rest of the cast, tho is great.

As BSG remake I'd give it a D+. As a new show I would give it a A-

Quote Originally Posted by Bof_Cof
    I was a huge BSG fan as a kid. Starbuck was my favorite.

I watched the mini and hated it. There were some things I really hated like the shakey camera/ pull focus shots of combat.
    I caught the 1st on season 1 on sci-fi (33 minutes) and I was hooked.

I really like the show. Its one of the few shows thats when it ends I want to see the next one right away.

BUT the one thing I hate is the female starbuck. I have a hard time taking her seriously. She looks like she's had to much cologen injections. The rest of the cast, tho is great.

As BSG remake I'd give it a D+. As a new show I would give it a A-

It helps if you just think of this as a brand new show with characters that just happen to have the same name. That's what I had to do with Dylan Hunt of Andromeda. After the original Star Trek series went off the air Gene Roddenberry made a tv movie several yrs. later with a character named Dylan Hunt. I really liked this movie and the character. The movie did not sell and become a series, so several yrs later Rodenberry did another tv movie with the same character but different actor, John Saxon, I believe, and I didn't like him or the movie. Then came Andromeda, with a character named Dylan Hunt. The 3rd incarnation,ugh! You have to let it go to enjoy the show.

Fashionista Sandinista Chorita KaBoom's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by norm
    So far the show has been very good. There's not a lot going on in terms of big space battles and extensive running away, but the personal drama on the ships and in between characters has been great.

There are just a few issues I wonder about:

I like the Helo on Caprica storyline thus far, but it seems to have no purpose. They follow his every move, but for what purpose? If they wanted to kill him, they would have done it. If they wanted him to lead them somewhere, he's not doing a very good job. Maybe they are just toying with him for fun.

Where is the Cylon fleet? I guess chasing down the survivors is not a big deal.

Why don't they just use x-rays for the Cylon detector? Yes, the Cylon have biological parts and are many ways like humans, but you have to figure that there is some wiring, or electronic stuff inside them people would notice.

Why didn't Chief Tyrol just tell the truth? What's the worst that would happen if the board found out he was dating Boomer? He'd be forced to break it off or something? Well that happened anyways!
    Re: Helo on Caprica -
    Click to see Spoiler:
    The Cyclons want to force a relationship between Helo and Boomer II, with the supposed result being a Cylon/Human hybrid. I'm guessing that with their religious beliefs, it seems that the next step in their evolution would be joining with their creators, humans.

Re: X-Rays - In the mini, they autopsied the Cyclon from the space station, and they said that there weren't any visible differences in the their anatomy, no wires, etc. They are a genetically created, but their tissues react differently to certain radiations. It was theorized that it was because they were actually silicon based.

Re: The Chief and Boomer - They were given a direct order to end their relationship, and they had pretended to have done so. Those are 2 things that are not acceptable in the Military. The Chief could be demoted or worse for disobeying a direct order, and conspiring to conceal it.
    there is no energy shortage, there is a shortage of imagination

Anyone still watching this? I'm glad Adama is back in charge. My most well liked characters:

1) Cmdr. Adama
    2) Lee Adama
    3) Helo
    4) Chief Tyrol

My least favorite characters

1) Starbuck
    2) Starbuck
    3) Tigh's wife
    4) Starbuck

The reason I don't like Starbuck has nothing to do with the original series (I never watched it). I just can't stand her stupid grins and her attitude. I hope they'll kill her off soon, but obviously that won't happen.
    "The bureaucracy is expanding to meet the needs of an expanding bureaucracy."
    -- Unknown

Still watching, The show is fascinating. I love how they incorporate bits from the original series, such as Admiral Cain coming back. I am sure there are folks who will hate her also cause she is female. This is one show that really knows how to keep folks on the edge of there seats. The characters hare complicated and deep and half the time I detest the humans and like the cylons. I like this show because it makes me laugh and cry and have hope. See you guys in January.

The broccoli must die!!! Canada Champ's Avatar
    Has the 2nd season started yet?

Here in Canada, I think we'll be getting the 2nd season sometime soon.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast