+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234

Thread: King Of Queens

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    ACF, I was thinking the same thing. It isn't as funny as it has been in the past. But Leah looks great.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Before I realized Leah was a staunch supporter of Tom Cruise, I wasn't completely sold on her. But after all she's said/done I can't watch the show and enjoy her character at all. "Doug" on the other hand I love. I find him funny and really enjoy when he finds a way to dig into Carrie. I haven't been watching this season as much-too much competition from other, better shows. But watching the reruns on TBS have been quite enjoyable.

FORT Fogey

I Love The King of Queens

Quote Originally Posted by Nemeses;2141363;
    Forgive me, Pom, but I just want to amend that statement just a bit to say...

Why do celebrities think?

Nem!!! I totally missed your posts because in November I was preoccupied with health stuff in real life, so that's why I never responded to this until now.

I forgot about this thread because there haven't been new episodes until recently and I was thrilled to have caught this show tonight.

I have some real-life friends who live in Keene, New Hampshire, and they're a lot like Doug and Carrie! I call the wife "The Queen of Keene" and the great thing is that she and her husband totally accept that they're very Hefferenan-like. I think I love this show so much because I relate the characters to the King of Keene and the Queen of Keene.

It's been on so long that the characters have come full circle: Carrie, who used to be skinny and snippy but then got thick and frumpy is now skinny and snippy again; Spence and Danny just killed me with laughter tonight because they are the happiest gay-but-not-really couple on the air!! And the storyline where Deacon and Kelly (who've been around the block a few times on the marriage-go-round) hired Spence to be their houseboy was great.

Topping it off for me is that Arthur (Jerry Stiller) is still kicking, although he seems to be getting older. I loved how Doug kept making cracks about how Arthur shouldn't be shopping for too big of a bottle of shampoo these days. . . .

This show's one of my favorites, and even though I probably wouldn't want to hang out with the actors in real life I just love how they play their roles. I love them, and I'm really tickled to see that they're airing new episodes again.

After all this time, it's great that the new episodes they're airing still do seem "new."

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac;2194233;
    Nem!!! I totally missed your posts because in November I was preoccupied with health stuff in real life, so that's why I never responded to this until now.
    Oh, Pom, hope all is ok now, and hope your holidays were wonderful.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac;2194233;
    I loved how Doug kept making cracks about how Arthur shouldn't be shopping for too big of a bottle of shampoo these days. . . .
    lol, I had missed that somewhere, too funny!

It's odd to think that Jerry Stiller is 80 years old in a few months.
    I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Re: King Of Queens

Okay. I have a question about the episode I just watched on UPN. The title is "G'night Stalker". In it, Doug gets stalker e-mail after singing Karaoke. Later we find out that it's Spence sending the e-mails. My question is, in once scene, Doug is getting e-mails while Spence is in the room with him. So how is this possible? How did Spence send him e-mails from the same room? Is it possible that he used his cell phone?
    Hurley: (holding up a Jesus statue) I don't know. I thought there might be a prowler or something.
    Mrs. Reyes: (grabbing the statue) Jesus Christ is not a weapon! - LOST "There's No Place Like Home Pt. 1

I remember that episode (mostly) but I don't remember how he pulled it off. I think he did have a device to send the messages but not sure if it was a cellphone.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

I remember that episode too, but can't remember how Spence pulled it off.

As for the last few episodes, I am not liking them. Maybe it is because I know that the end is near and I don't want to see that happen
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

+ Reply to Thread
Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst 1234