+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: King Of Queens

A more recent episode has Carrie in much better shape than last season (as she works off the "baby fat"). She had a stripper's pole in the bedroom ... and eventually Doug showed her the proper method of using the pole as a stripper and he was fantastic!! LOL!!!

I also love this show. And my newest favorite is "My Name is Earl".

Everytime the newer episodes are being shown, my dummy husband goes, "Oh, she does not look good fat..." It infuriates me. I always respond, "She just had a BABY you ass (bleep, bleep, bleepity bleep)! Do you have no shame? Do you know what it's like to grow another human being inside you?" It just plain pisses me off. Especially since I love Carrie-in real life and on the show.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    Sometimes the selfishness of the two lead characters is a bit much for me. I still watch the show from time to time but find Doug and Carrie to be really unlikable at times. I could never be friends with people as self-centered as they are.
    I see what you mean and it's bugged me, too, but in fact I think their preposterous level of selfishness is what makes this show so ridiculously funny to me!

Does anyone remember the episode where they were celerating an anniversary and Doug had decided that Carrie had become too controlling of his life?

He decided to "take back" those red cowboy boots that she wouldn't allow him to wear for years, and she decided to "dress slutty" again, even though she had toned it down at Doug's request.

They showed up at a restaurant to have their anniversary dinner all decked out in what the other one hated, and they were driving everyone nuts.

I was in hysterics.

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    As for Leah Remini, she belongs to Scientology and dissed Brooke Sheilds too over the whole post-partum depression thing. Since everything is hunky dory with her and her new baby, she couldn't even put herself into Brooke Sheilds shoes and sympathize with her. What people need to understand is that we aren't all the same all the time and while we should be happy when we don't suffer from depression, we shouldn't judge or diminish the feelings of those that do.
    I agree with you here about needing to understand that everyone's different, and my opinion of Leah Remini diminishes with each new fact that I learn about her personal life.

Why do celebrities think we care what they think?

The more I know about her the less I like her, and I wish she would just SHUTTY!!!, as Doug would say.

FORT Newbie
    Damn you ruined her for me lol

Does anyone know when the new season is going to start? Leah was on Ellen a few weeks ago and they said the 9th season would be starting soon, but never gave a date
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

FORT Fogey
    Right now, CBS has it scheduled to return to Wednesday nights beginning Dec. 6.

Quote Originally Posted by Veruka;2141241;
    Right now, CBS has it scheduled to return to Wednesday nights beginning Dec. 6.

Oh crap.....I liked when it was on Mondays better. I work Wednesday nights and can't watch it, but I will be TiVo-ing it.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac;1722303;
    I see what you mean and it's bugged me, too, but in fact I think their preposterous level of selfishness is what makes this show so ridiculously funny to me!
    I kinda have to compare them to Greg and Kim Warner from 'Yes, Dear', and then every other lead tv couple comes out smelling like roses. I could never enjoy that show due to the complete unlikeability of Greg and Kim.

Quote Originally Posted by Pomeraniac;1722303;
    Why do celebrities think we care what they think?
    Forgive me, Pom, but I just want to amend that statement just a bit to say...

Why do celebrities think?

I live in my own world. But it's ok, they know me there.
    Kid Nation... a sad day for society when the exploitation of children becomes acceptable entertainment for television viewers.
    "Online communities, like the Fort, are very snarky and borderline cynical when it comes to celebrities and their shenanigans." -- Leo, FoRT Writer

Just wanted to remind you guys that tonight is starts the new season. All I have to say is THANK GOD for TiVo because I have to work and this is my all time favorite sitcom

The show has lost some appeal for me but I have to say that Leah Remini looks really good. She's lost all of her pregnancy weight. Unfortunately it looks like Kevin James found it.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast