+ Reply to Thread

Thread: Tilt- Poker Drama Series (ESPN)

Tilt- Poker Drama Series (ESPN)

In January, ESPN will debut its next scripted dramatic series, TILT presented by TOYOTA MOTOR SALES, set at the World Poker Championship. TILT will be aired on Thursday nights beginning January 13 at 9 p.m. ET, with one-hour shows that will explore the drama of high-stakes gambling, as well as the action away from the table where greed and revenge fuel conflict, power plays and deal making.

"The launch of our next drama underscores ESPN's commitment to scripted entertainment," said Mark Shapiro, ESPN executive vice president, programming and production. "Capitalizing on the incredible popularity of poker and PLAYMAKERS, TILT promises to put the audience at the table and into the lives of the characters."

Brian Koppelman and David Levien wrote and will direct the pilot episode. They will also serve as executive producers and write a number of the episodes for the ESPN Original Entertainment series. Koppelman and Levien wrote the screenplay for Runaway Jury, last year's adaptation of the John Grisham novel starring Gene Hackman, John Cusack and Dustin Hoffman, and wrote Rounders, the 1998 film which starred Matt Damon and Edward Norton which also focused on poker. They also wrote and directed Knockaround Guys which starred Barry Pepper, Vin Diesel, John Malkovich and Dennis Hopper.

TILT will take place in Las Vegas in the days leading up to the World Poker Championship. The viewer will see an inside look at this sometimes glamorous and sometimes dangerous world through the eyes of the players. In addition to the competition in cards, the central characters will battle for control, money and fame.
    http://espn.go.com/eoe/tilt.html

Is no one watching this show? I've caught all 6 episodes so far...and I think it's really good! Hubby and I usually can't wait until the next episode airs. I think it's just as good as any drama on Fox, etc. It may not be up there with CSI, for example, but, it's much better than a lot of others.

+ Reply to Thread