+ Reply to Thread
Page 61 of 62 FirstFirst ... 11515253545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Medium

Re: Medium

Debb70, I agree as I'm a financial advisor and get so many "Oh, I have an advisor, but can I ask you a quick question?" (or my personal and oft-repeated favorite "Meh, why does anyone need someone like you when they can do it themselves!!! So, where do you think I should.....")

After watching her on RHBH she seemed to be on a mission of preening over her gift and making it the point of conversation only to then hold back to almost get them to beg for it. Even so/if that wasn't the case, her attitude at the end of "well I know how they are all going to die and they'd better not ask me to find their missing children!" was WAYYYY over the top and enough to do me in. I had seen something with her years ago that left a bad taste in my mouth and this finalized it. The next episode of Medium I watched was probably a pretty good one, but the whole time I kept thinking how obnoxious the real AD was. Hopefully Patricia didn't have to work too closely with her in the beginning!
    Wag more, bark less

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Lucynda;4162251;
    I watched an interview with PA one day and she said that the character while initially based on the REAL AD, was actually nothing like her. At the time I thought the way she said it made it sound as if she was glad the character was so different, but that may have just been me, as I had seen an interview with the REAL AD some years ago and found her to be a bit full of herself
    I can see where PA would be glad her character wasn't like the real AD; she wasn't anything like the TV version.

I only came in after the dinner had started on RHBH, so I didn't know the housewives might've been asking her. Regardless, she shouldn't have said the horrible things she did - that line about the missing kids floored me!

DH is in computers and every, single time we go over to various family members' houses for dinner, they're always bugging him to work on something/fix something. It doesn't bother him but it bugs the heck out of me! So I can see where she might be annoyed but Camille also played it off like "ohhh, my friend AD will be coming to the dinner" to the girls, so I got the impression she was setting it up as a fun, ask her what you will dinner. 'Course, that's not what the ladies got...

If they have any more reruns, I'll have to show DH the real AD. He was much more into the show than me and I'd love to hear his opinion of her. Or maybe I shouldn't show him...it might ruin the nice image he had of her.
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

I read an interview on line about AD and the real housewives...much editing. She also say that the other housewives verbally attacked her but that was never shown.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;4161210;
    The reason I say this is because I am an attorney and it is quite annoying to go out on a social occassion and have people constantly ask you for legal advice. That is what I do at work. I don't like to do it at parties, ballgames, concerts, etc. Plus, it's giving free legal advice. I don't mind an ocassional question in the bathroom, but to have to entertain the dinner guests with your craft is rather rude, unless you were paid to perform that night. IT's like going into a bank and asking the banker for free money because you know him. Oh well, I'll get off my soap box. LOL
    I completely understand what you're saying and I'm sure that played a part in how Allison reacted........but............ I'm not excusing her OTT viciousness towards the others. There are ways to deflect those questions. Alison came into the party, armed for bear (thanks to poor little helpless Camille) and she wasn't leaving until she'd bagged a big one.
    Who gets that mad and mean to people you have never met before, even if they are bugging you with questions???

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4166210;
    I completely understand what you're saying and I'm sure that played a part in how Allison reacted........but............ I'm not excusing her OTT viciousness towards the others. There are ways to deflect those questions. Alison came into the party, armed for bear (thanks to poor little helpless Camille) and she wasn't leaving until she'd bagged a big one.
    Who gets that mad and mean to people you have never met before, even if they are bugging you with questions???
    You have a point. I may get annoyed and tell them off, (on the inside) but I try to stay polite on the outside. LOL Honestly, I have had to tell family and friends who cornered me on HOLIDAYS, (Christmas and Thanksgiving) that I didn't want to discuss their divorce and estate issues considering what day it was. They seemed hurt and shocked, but let it go. I don't think they understood though and thought I was being grumpy. LOL

I do not think it was about asking too many questions of AD. She would not have gone on the show if she thought she was going to be barraged by questions of the ladies. She went on there so that she could be seen by all those that watch that show. That is my opinion. AND she came across as a rude, very rude individual. She had an attitude from the beginning of the dinner all the way through it and I truly believe it is all because of Camille. I think Camille told AD that the ladies and her really do not see eye to eye and knowing Camille she probably embellished the whole story to AD.

Plus, I do not recall the ladies asking her all that much anyway.

Still will always love Lisa thinking she was Camille's "side-kick" instead of psychic.
    KAREN

I stopped watching this show after it changed networks. I loved it on NBC, but once they switched something felt different about it show and it lost it's appeal for me. After reading here how they ended the series, I'm glad I wasn't watching. Joe was one of the best parts of the show and I liked them as a family. Joe provided a good counterbalance to Allison, especially when it came to dealing with the kids. I would have been really unhappy with a finale that killed him off.

Well, they did kill him off, but he and Alyson were kissing, dancing and hugging in the end for eternity. That was good.

Did any of you ever wonder how in the world he put up with her all those years jumping up in the night with those dreams? OMG That would drive me nuts. I honestly don't think I could sleep with someone who did that. We would have to get separate beds.

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;4166903;
    I stopped watching this show after it changed networks. I loved it on NBC, but once they switched something felt different about it show and it lost it's appeal for me. After reading here how they ended the series, I'm glad I wasn't watching. Joe was one of the best parts of the show and I liked them as a family. Joe provided a good counterbalance to Allison, especially when it came to dealing with the kids. I would have been really unhappy with a finale that killed him off.
    I liked that in one sense this was a "normal" family and that Joe and Allison stuck together and supported each other. That they tried to have breakfast and dinner together. That Joe and Allison acted like a unit to discipline their kids. God forbid the network would let a hard working, self sacrificing family trying to do good let them stay together, no they had to kill the husband off. Kinda sucks network executives.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Time to Come Back, Boys Arielflies's Avatar

That they closed the show out early in the season shocked me. It all pulled together, but trying to keep track of the time jumps was disconcerting. It was nice to see Ariel for once this season and placing the where are they now stuff at the end was interesting. Anyway, I'm still expecting it to show up on my Friday schedule and it won't be there. *sigh*
    The cure for boredom is curiosity. There is no cure for curiosity. Dorothy Parker, (attributed)

+ Reply to Thread