+ Reply to Thread
Page 60 of 62 FirstFirst ... 1050515253545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Medium

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Medium

I've only watched this series off and on, but always liked Joe as well. He wasn't the traditional handsome hunk actor, but seemed very real and believable as an engineer (although an engineer married to someone with Allison's talents is a stretch...). I saw the series was ending and wanted to catch the finale, but was traveling. I doubt I'll track it down on the computer, so I don't mind being spoiled...how did it end? Did they really kill off Joe?

The show starts with Joe on an airplane. He's accepted a new job, and he's on some smallish private plane coming from Hawaii, wearing a lei. He talks to Allison on the phone and while they're talking the plane has problems and drops out of the sky.

Then we get a "seven years later" caption. Her youngest is a teen and you soon learn that although he died in the plane crash, he never came back and talked to them as a ghost.

Allison is a lawyer now and she's prosecuting a drug cartel criminal. During the trial she starts dreaming that Joe washed up in Mexico somewhere and has amnesia. Somehow, the drug cartel leader she is prosecuting is involved with keeping him in Mexico without his memory, so she cuts a deal with the drug dealer to get access to her husband.

When she finally sees Joe again, she's hugging him when she hears him behind her saying he never meant for her to get confused, he really was dead. She wakes up and it's only right after the plane crash, and he did come back to talk to her. He says he sent her the dream of 7 years into the future to show her she could have a future without him.

Then the episode ends with Allison dying in a nursing home, and meeting up with Joe's ghost again.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

So was that the end of the entire series? They showed each actor and who they played in the show and it said The real Allison and Joe were alive and happily living somewhere...
    Yup, with donuts!!

Yes, that was the finale of the series. I don't understand ending the show in January, but I had heard they weren't renewed.

They broke the fifth wall and showed each actor waving goodbye off the set.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Thanks, hepcat! I don't know why they had to go that way, or why they'd want to make Allison a lawyer...so she could make more money? I guess being a semi-secret consultant is a bit vulnerable to changes in the administration....

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat;4159430;
    The show starts with Joe on an airplane. He's accepted a new job, and he's on some smallish private plane coming from Hawaii, wearing a lei. He talks to Allison on the phone and while they're talking the plane has problems and drops out of the sky.

Then we get a "seven years later" caption. Her youngest is a teen and you soon learn that although he died in the plane crash, he never came back and talked to them as a ghost.

Allison is a lawyer now and she's prosecuting a drug cartel criminal. During the trial she starts dreaming that Joe washed up in Mexico somewhere and has amnesia. Somehow, the drug cartel leader she is prosecuting is involved with keeping him in Mexico without his memory, so she cuts a deal with the drug dealer to get access to her husband.

When she finally sees Joe again, she's hugging him when she hears him behind her saying he never meant for her to get confused, he really was dead. She wakes up and it's only right after the plane crash, and he did come back to talk to her. He says he sent her the dream of 7 years into the future to show her she could have a future without him.

Then the episode ends with Allison dying in a nursing home, and meeting up with Joe's ghost again.
    Well, rats.
    I haven't watched the show yet (although it's recorded) and was hoping for a better finale than that. I also don't care about knowing the ending.
    I love that family, especially Joe. Now, I'm glad I'm prepared for an ending that will leave me dissatisfied. Have watched it from the very begining and really enjoyed it. Funny because I started watching it (years ago) when I had heard good things about Alison DuBois. My opinion of the real Alison has changed radically since RHBH this season.

Quote Originally Posted by thedragonlady;4160368;
    My opinion of the real Alison has changed radically since RHBH this season.
    ITA! I loved Medium and I also loved PA in the role of AD! But after watching AD on RHBH, I was shocked. I thought the real AD was mean and rude. I was really excited when Camille Grammer said early on in that episode that her good friend, AD, the psychic, was coming for dinner. Wow, what a witch!
    KAREN

Leaning Forward cantstopwatchin's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by momrek06;4160379;
    ITA! I loved Medium and I also loved PA in the role of AD! But after watching AD on RHBH, I was shocked. I thought the real AD was mean and rude. I was really excited when Camille Grammer said early on in that episode that her good friend, AD, the psychic, was coming for dinner. Wow, what a witch!
    O.M.G.!! I had NO idea that was the REAL AD on RHBH. I came in halfway through that episode.

You're right - she was a total witch. I couldn't get over how crass and low-class she came off (when I just thought she was a friend of Camille's); that makes it even worse that the show was based off of HER. She was tacky, tacky, tacky.

I was disappointed in the finale. It's more DH's show than mine but I watch it from time to time. I hated how they killed Joe off with a plane crash. So disappointed. We didn't even realize it was the finale until they showed Allison as an old woman with all the pictures around her. Oh well...
    "We must overcome the notion that we must be regular...it robs you of the chance to be extraordinary and leads you to the mediocre." - Uta Hagen

“I don’t want my pain erased! As wretched as it is, I need my pain… It makes me who I am. It makes me Grumpy.” - Grumpy, Once Upon a Time

Quote Originally Posted by cantstopwatchin;4161119;
    O.M.G.!! I had NO idea that was the REAL AD on RHBH. I came in halfway through that episode.

You're right - she was a total witch. I couldn't get over how crass and low-class she came off (when I just thought she was a friend of Camille's); that makes it even worse that the show was based off of HER. She was tacky, tacky, tacky.

I was disappointed in the finale. It's more DH's show than mine but I watch it from time to time. I hated how they killed Joe off with a plane crash. So disappointed. We didn't even realize it was the finale until they showed Allison as an old woman with all the pictures around her. Oh well...
    I was half asleep when this episode was on, so maybe I didnt get the entire picture, but, I had a different take on it. The real Allyson was at a dinner party as a guest. The real housewives kept asking her to give them info on dead people or things she could see. That is considered her work. She told them no and explained, but they kept begging her. I think she then got witchy. Of course, you never know how much was scripted.

The reason I say this is because I am an attorney and it is quite annoying to go out on a social occassion and have people constantly ask you for legal advice. That is what I do at work. I don't like to do it at parties, ballgames, concerts, etc. Plus, it's giving free legal advice. I don't mind an ocassional question in the bathroom, but to have to entertain the dinner guests with your craft is rather rude, unless you were paid to perform that night. IT's like going into a bank and asking the banker for free money because you know him. Oh well, I'll get off my soap box. LOL

Fort Member

I watched an interview with PA one day and she said that the character while initially based on the REAL AD, was actually nothing like her. At the time I thought the way she said it made it sound as if she was glad the character was so different, but that may have just been me, as I had seen an interview with the REAL AD some years ago and found her to be a bit full of herself

+ Reply to Thread