+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 62 FirstFirst ... 94950515253545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Medium

Re: Medium

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3914440;
    Which two characters are you referring to that were killed off? Maybe I missed something.
    Allison, and the D.A. (why can't I think of his name?)

I got the feeling that had the show been canceled, it would've ended that way. Then, the show was picked up, and it was all a dream.

The D.A.'s death didn't seem to serve any purpose other than to be upsetting to the audience. (IMO)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3914607;
    Allison, and the D.A. (why can't I think of his name?)

I got the feeling that had the show been canceled, it would've ended that way. Then, the show was picked up, and it was all a dream.

The D.A.'s death didn't seem to serve any purpose other than to be upsetting to the audience. (IMO)
    Oh, I never considered they would actually kill Alison if the series was being cancelled. I guess it's possible. I kept thinking it couldn't be real, but had to be a dream.

I must admit that I am tired of the dreams with Alison dying. They need to let that go. LOL

I liked the type of storylines they had before it went to CBS. I guess they have different writers. I haven't checked. Let's hope they get back to more of the way it used to be.

Has Allison died before this episode? I don't remember that. I recall her being in a coma and things like that. One episode where someone took her body over.

On this show, dying isn't dying so I guess I thought it's a possible writing choice.

I think the head writer is the same, at least but no idea if the team's changed. I thought Glenn Gordon Caron did most of the writing alone. Maybe not.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3916460;
    Has Allison died before this episode? I don't remember that. I recall her being in a coma and things like that. One episode where someone took her body over.

On this show, dying isn't dying so I guess I thought it's a possible writing choice.

I think the head writer is the same, at least but no idea if the team's changed. I thought Glenn Gordon Caron did most of the writing alone. Maybe not.

I'm not sure about the writers. There was the story where Ariel's boyfriend had an affair and impregnated their high school teacher. He then murdered the teacher. Ariel then married him and years later when Allison figured it out he murdered the teacher years ago, he murdered Allison and made it look like a burglary gone wrong. Eventually, Ariel figured it out. It was all a dream of the future and what would have happened if Ariel had not intervened. When she woke up, she reported the affair and the teacher was fired and charged, but at least it saved her life.

I think there was another one that had Allison die, but I can't recall the details.

Oh - okay, yeah. But, it wasn't like this finale episode, where 'dead Allison' was an actual character. In the 'Ariel marries a murderer' episode Allison was killed off screen toward the end, and we saw her tombstone briefly, but then it was still possible to change it. It was kind of the clincher right before Allison woke up.

In the season finale Allison really seemed dead and it was the bulk of the episode. So I guess in the first one it didn't really seem like they were going to kill her off for real. (In fact that's when I knew it had to be a dream in the other ep.)

Did you see the one they reran Friday night about Night of the Living Dead? I really liked that one. It was very odd, but in a good way. I liked the technique they used to make it look like the old movie.

I guess we are now into reruns unitil next season. I read that The Ghost Whisperer had been cancelled. I never watched that, but heard it had a big following.

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3920171;
    Did you see the one they reran Friday night about Night of the Living Dead? I really liked that one. It was very odd, but in a good way. I liked the technique they used to make it look like the old movie.
    I didn't - TiVo conflicts, so I got the season on itunes this year. But that was a really, really fun episode! I love the writers' creativity. I loved they had a Halloween episode, and the black and white was really cool! Very fun.

I guess we are now into reruns unitil next season. I read that The Ghost Whisperer had been cancelled. I never watched that, but heard it had a big following.
    I just began to get into Ghost Whisperer (kind of as a Medium new-episode substitute to be honest), and am catching reruns all out of order. It's not a bad show. Sorry to hear it's now over.
    Last edited by Brandy; 06-03-2010 at 05:08 AM.

Saw the finale and the dream within a dream...while I am glad that the TPTB let the show have a decent finale it still seemed a bit stretched thin.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I wished they hadnt felt a big finale needed Joe to be killed off! And then to have us thinking that he may be alive after 7 years, and then no, its just another dream was a waste of time to me. Although the best part was the montage of the characters as they have changed over the years! Some have changed a lot!

I feel like the show should have ended a while ago. The finale was like watching a decent episode, and didn't hit as hard as maybe they were going for. The episode where Ariel dreamt about her future after her mother dying was more hard-hitting to me than this one. Washed ashore in Mexico, anmesia for 7 years? I don't believe Allison would trash a big court case, either. Oh well, I always liked the character of her husband especially and I hope that actor finds a good meaty series of his own some day.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

+ Reply to Thread