+ Reply to Thread
Page 58 of 62 FirstFirst ... 8484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Medium

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Re: Medium (NBC)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3856036;
    They did look convincingly younger, and not in that vaseline on the camera lens way. The acting was part of it - vocal tones, posture. They did a great job. I'm sure there was some level of special effects, it's hard to erase 17 years just with lighting. But it's the best version (of reverse aging) I've seen that I can remember. Glad it wasn't just my imagination working overtime.

Sofia V is a very talented actress and she seems to have her head on straight, too. Her parents are scientists, right?
    I agree...and her being pregnant for the wedding explained any extra pounds the years have added.

Cute episode (Dead Meat). Good thing I don't eat pork any more!

"That'll do, pig. That'll do."

ETA: Anyone who can freeze frame that official document at the end? It's totally unrelated. Something about a Mormon man and a religious website. Lol.
    Last edited by Brandy; 05-16-2010 at 12:25 AM.

Sorry Brandy, I didn't catch that article.

I love the show and watch it almost every week. Since moving to CBS the storyines have gotten much more bizarre and not quite as gruesome as they were before. Also, has anyone else noticed that Joe has been sick with a cold or cough for several episodes. Some of them they mention it and others they don't. Is he really sick or is this something they are weaving into the storyline? If my husband was coughing and wheezing for a couple of weeks straight, I would insist he get a full checkup. Did I miss something?

Quote Originally Posted by Debb70;3905543;
    I love the show and watch it almost every week. Since moving to CBS the storyines have gotten much more bizarre and not quite as gruesome as they were before.
    I loved this show on NBC. I watched the first couple of episodes on CBS, but then I completely lost track of it. The stories just felt less compelling for some reason. I should really set up to DVR a couple of shows and give it another chance...

Who is John Galt?

The last couple of episodes have been too bizarre and silly (especially the one with the pigs). I turned it off and I usually really like this show. Hope it gets off this weird track it is on.

Quote Originally Posted by aname2;3905973;
    The last couple of episodes have been too bizarre and silly (especially the one with the pigs). I turned it off and I usually really like this show. Hope it gets off this weird track it is on.
    I still usually watch the show if I'm home, but don't DVR it anymore. Patricia Arquette just seems to phone in her performance these days, that whispery angry voice drives me nuts, the family story is not as good, the plots are full of holes....for example she had to save the baby pig because of evidence they would have lost when he was killed for meat, but they use grown pigs for meat not baby ones....and too many other things that don't make sense in the show these days.

Don't pigs grow up pretty fast for market, though? (I don't know.) They feed them things to make them grow faster, too, I think. (Grow = fatten. Not age.)

I just kept thinking of Babe.

I freeze framed the document at the end and it was totally unrelated to the plot. hehe. I wonder why they did that?

Re: Medium

I heard that Medium got renewed for the fall 2010 season. I was surprised I thought it would be canceled.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Phew! That's great news.

This season's finale felt a bit 'schizophrenic' to me - as if they didn't know until the last minute if it would be the very last. I'm glad it wasn't - why did they feel the need to kill off two of the most well liked characters?

The writing was fairly bad. I kept imagining parody versions of it. Allison mostly nagged Ariel throughout the whole episode. It didn't make sense she'd push her so hard when she was clearly unhappy. Allison had always been a great mother up until then - and on the say-so of one iffy ghost?

I also wondered if they were leading up to a spinoff starring Ariel. (They could've called it Mini Medium.)

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy;3914270;
    Phew! That's great news.

This season's finale felt a bit 'schizophrenic' to me - as if they didn't know until the last minute if it would be the very last. I'm glad it wasn't - why did they feel the need to kill off two of the most well liked characters?

The writing was fairly bad. I kept imagining parody versions of it. Allison mostly nagged Ariel throughout the whole episode. It didn't make sense she'd push her so hard when she was clearly unhappy. Allison had always been a great mother up until then - and on the say-so of one iffy ghost?

I also wondered if they were leading up to a spinoff starring Ariel. (They could've called it Mini Medium.)

It was a bizarre season. Alison's dying seemed to be a big theme.

Which two characters are you referring to that were killed off? Maybe I missed something.

+ Reply to Thread