+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 62 FirstFirst ... 747484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Medium

Re: Medium (NBC)

i saw it and liked how things have turned out since last season's ender.

Now that a few more episode have passed, does anyone else think this show is lacking a bit since moving to CBS?
    I just have not been enjoying it like I used to. Alison's character has been grating on my nerves. Especially when she was obsessed with the baby boy a couple of weeks ago. I kind of liked the side story with the youngest daughter being able to play the clarinet, but it was not at all worked into the overall show. It's like there is an Alison story and a family story, and it feels disjointed because they aren't tying the two story arcs together....

Does anyone else watch Medium? I enjoy this show.

Would love to discuss this season or past episodes.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Just watched for the first time in a while...the episode (I assume a new one?)about their getting married. So did she leave an anonymous tip about the killer so that he couldn't later take their daughter to be? Is that guy going to be getting out of jail soon and going after the daughter?

PWS - yeah the season just picked up again with a new episode. It was a good ep - I liked seeing "Grandma Benoir" again.

It made me wonder, though, if that maxim about ghosts wearing what they died in, is true. Grandma can't seem to get out of that housecoat and apron - and the murder victim's ghost was naked. Hope not really...who knows what I'd be in for eternity?! Lol

Anyway...yeah, she told police where to find the car with the body in it, and the killer was arrested. Let's hope it was for life. That part wasn't made clear. But the ending seemed to indicate the DuBois family lived free from danger after that. That same ending scene, if Allison hadn't reported the car, had Ariel as his later victim and Allison and Joe divorced over the stress of it.

Patricia Arquette should really wear hear hair long, it took years off of her (the makeup and lighting helped too) but she looked great
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

She did look great, although her hair's always been fine and it's probably too fine to grow that long. She's beautiful anyway though.

PWS
    FORT Fogey

I also noticed how young she looked, but I have to say that I thought that was due to fancy camera work ... and post filming work...erasing fine lines etc. and not the hair style... although I also liked her hair longer better. Joe looked younger as well.

Kiz

They pulled off a convincingly much younger looking Allison. Both she and Joe looked great, although I think Joe could have used a few more touch ups for those facial lines. They looked very realistic though, and not all fake like sometimes happens when actors do flashback.

I looked up the actress who plays Ariel to see how old she is because that was some intense acting in that episode. She's 17 1/2. She also played Cindy Brady in 2002 in one of the Brady Bunch movies.
    You can always count on a murderer for a fancy prose style. ~Humbert

They did look convincingly younger, and not in that vaseline on the camera lens way. The acting was part of it - vocal tones, posture. They did a great job. I'm sure there was some level of special effects, it's hard to erase 17 years just with lighting. But it's the best version (of reverse aging) I've seen that I can remember. Glad it wasn't just my imagination working overtime.

Sofia V is a very talented actress and she seems to have her head on straight, too. Her parents are scientists, right?

+ Reply to Thread