+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 62 FirstFirst ... 444454647484950515253545556575859606162 LastLast

Thread: Medium

Re: Medium (NBC)

5/18/09

Liked the story tonight and that they broght back the Angelica Hudson character back (both she has not aged well) I liked how circular the story was. Still I get mad at Allison. Here is Joe still being able to keep control of his idea the only stipulation is that he spend 3 days a week in San Diego and Allison acts as if it is the end of the world. Oh, poor Ariel will be able to stay in the same high school. But what happens if the younger girls want to go to San Diego and see the ocean. Will it really kill Joe not to see his kids 3 days a week. He is a very rare creature to be that involved with his kids. I just felt Allison was being incredibly selfish especially in these economic times where people are losing their houses and savings and she is worried because Ariel might have to be in a different high school for junior and senior yr and Joe will not be there 3 days a week because he is out working to support his family.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

I dont like her attitude either. Joe is killing himself trying to please everyone, and survive!

PWS
    FORT Fogey

Well, Alison's own job isn't very "portable"--based on her relationship with the local police, no? So hard for her to move as well. Or isn't she still working with them? Haven't been able to watch for a while, but some trailer I saw she seemed to be working for someone else.
    Moving in the middle of high school isn't that much fun, especially if you move INto a big high school, which the SD schools are. Half the time no one knows you are new to the system, just think you went to another junior high, so even nice kids feel no obligation to be nice to the "new" kid.

Quote Originally Posted by PWS;3457295;
    Well, Alison's own job isn't very "portable"--based on her relationship with the local police, no? So hard for her to move as well. Or isn't she still working with them? Haven't been able to watch for a while, but some trailer I saw she seemed to be working for someone else.
    Moving in the middle of high school isn't that much fun, especially if you move INto a big high school, which the SD schools are. Half the time no one knows you are new to the system, just think you went to another junior high, so even nice kids feel no obligation to be nice to the "new" kid.
    Totally understand but it happens all the time. One of my co-workers had the opportunity to move out of a cramped city town house and into a big house on some land but Oh No both his kids said no because they wanted to be with their friends.Well they stayed in the townhouse but within a 2-3yr time frame all of their friends had moved away. Also by that time the daughter had graduated from high school and after her freshman yr at college moved in with her boyfriend and has been on her own ever since. So much for sacrificing for the kids.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

Looking for a way out Bubba-Jo-Lyn's Avatar

So NBC has cancelled Medium but CBS has picked up. No idea yet what night CBS will be showing it.
    Remember: Mentioning Jesus in your speech: small government. Doing what Jesus asked: big government - Stephen Colbert

Inside me lives a skinny woman crying to get out. But I can usually shut the b*tch up with cookies. (Unknown)

Quote Originally Posted by Bearcata;3457043;
    ....Still I get mad at Allison. Here is Joe still being able to keep control of his idea the only stipulation is that he spend 3 days a week in San Diego and Allison acts as if it is the end of the world....
    ITA. I was getting really fed up with her attitude on that one. Yea, it sucks that he won't be around a few days a week, but he gets to HAVE A JOB. AND it will be a job he wants and likes!! These days that is HUGE!! Ariel is old enough to help out a little on the days that Joe is gone. Allison needs to relax a bit on the job issue.

Quote Originally Posted by Bubba-Jo-Lyn;3457880;
    So NBC has cancelled Medium but CBS has picked up. No idea yet what night CBS will be showing it.
    OMGosh, I really expected NBC to renew Medium. I am sad that it is moving, but I certainly plan to keep watching. This article says that CBS plan to pair it with their existing show "Ghost Whisperer"...
    Breaking: 'Earl, 'Unit' axed, 'Medium' moving to CBS | My Name is Earl | Ausiello Files | EW.com

I agree with the whole Allison/Joe/job thing, the thing is, I have to cut her a little slack. The offer was out of the blue and she wasn't expecting it, she was reacting and she was discussing her true feelings with her husband (her official sounding board) She will have time to get used to the idea. Honestly I would be thinking the same things. ' how will this affect me/us/kids/life in general' It is only 3 days... initally. What about meetings, proposals, deadlines etc.?
    It's one thing to be happy for your husband, having a job that he loves and providing for the family but it's quite another to have a part time husband. My husband works graveyard and weekends. It can be a very lonely existance being a part time wife and fulltime mom.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I see your point, Duxxy, but I think she was over-reacting. To go from Joe losing his job and looking for a lawyer to get a decent settlement - to the company bending over backward to keep Joe on, and not have any appreciation? This invention was Joe's baby. I think she would understand his desire to see it through. And does she not remember how, not too long ago, they were about to lose everything because Joe couldn't find a job?

I've been where she is. When my husband started his job a couple of years ago, he would leave on Monday and come home on Thursday about 3 weeks out of each month. It was difficult, but we made it work. My oldest was about Marie's age, and I didn't have a teenager living with me to help out. It was lonely, and I don't sleep well when my husband is away, but we made the time he was home count more. And the kids loved saying goodnight to Daddy on the phone every night.

I know it is just a show, but their relationship seems so normal/relatable. I just got frustrated with her, IMO, irrational reaction.
    "I reject your reality and substitute my own!" Adam Savage, Mythbusters

Quote Originally Posted by Wryle;3460360;
    I know it is just a show, but their relationship seems so normal/relatable. I just got frustrated with her, IMO, irrational reaction.
    I always think it is funny how we can get "upset" over these characters like they are actual people we know. I wouldn't say that Alison didn't have a right to be concerned, I think what frustrated me the most was that she wanted to quash it right away without even exploring the possibilities.

+ Reply to Thread