+ Reply to Thread
Page 48 of 62 FirstFirst ... 383940414243444546474849505152535455565758 ... LastLast

Thread: Medium

Re: Medium (NBC)

This show just gets more depressing (out of work financial struggles) and more terrifying plots that are always to be continued. What happened to the occasional sweet storyline, and the resolution of every story each time? I hate those words "to be continued" and considering the fact that this thread is not very active even though there are plenty of new episodes airing - I guess people are dropping it. I have been thinking of dropping it and will if they don't start to lighten up a few episodes every now and then.

FORT Fanatic

I'm actually liking it more this season. But the 'to be continued' plots have to stop. Just give it a story arc instead of these constant TBC endings. I think that's 3 such endings just this season alone.

I'm also liking that Joe is finally growing a spine and standing up to Alison. Was beginning to think he was a complete doormat.

I'm still enjoying the show, but not these 'to be continued' episodes so much. I especially liked the one where Bridget was talking to the bill collector from India.
    I cant see Allison staying with Cynthia much longer. Sometimes the woman doesnt even seem to believe in Allison, sometimes she seems to be using Allison like a bloodhound.
    I too was glad to see Joe standing up for himself. He always stands by his wife and takes up the slack at home, and he needs her support right now. I've never seen him so mad, although I can appreciate Allison's point of view about the college funds too.
    Has anyone noticed that Patricia Arquette seems thinner this season than last? Not that her size has any bearing on the show or her acting abilites, but it just occurred to me the other night that she seems to have lost some weight.

I too don't particularly like the Angela/Cynthia character. What happened to her she used to be a beautiful woman. She has not aged well. As for the story she comes across so hard bitten and using and abusing Allison all at the same time. I also do not like the to be continued, make a story arc its a better fit for the audience. I loved Joel's inspiration dream. I thought I was watching the wrong channel for a while and started channel surfing trying to find Medium. Great idea.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

My husband particularily enjoyed Joe's dreams. I never found Angelica Huston to be beautiful. She's too man-ish to be beautiful. But she is striking with those prounounced cheekbones.
    My husband and I both agreed; if we have money sitting in the bank and our home is in trouble we use the money. We will cross the college bridge when we come to it but in the here and now you don't tumble into dire straits when you have money in the bank. They are jepoardizing their credit when there is money in the bank! It's not like they are raiding their kid's birthday money bank accounts it's money they have put aside that is needed for the family.
    Joe is a proven pragmatist. His past track record (re: inventions) is established. He's not some fly-by-night dreamer that will blow the family resources. He's thought it out. If he were my husband, I'd be signing the withdrawal slip on the dotted line.
    The kidnapping storyline is similar to the Paul Bernardo/Karla Homolka incident that took place about 15 years ago here in Toronto. The wife was luring young girls to her home so her husband could drug them, they could both rape them and apparently video tape their escapades. If the blond girl is the accomplice (I think she is) then I hope she gets whats coming to her.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

I have also been enjoying this season! I was happy that Joe and Allison were getting along after past seasons where it seemed like constant tension between them, so I hope this money argument doesn't go too long. I was annoyed that Allison shot down the idea before even considering it!

I also like the episode where Bridget was talking to the guy in India. It was a good story.

I am not opposed to occasional 2-part episodes, but I thought they could have wrapped up this past week's story in an hour if they had wanted to.

That Holmoka kidnapping was awful. I was following some semi-recent news stories on it.

I like Medium but it's one of those forgettable shows for me. I never remember when it's on and if there's something else on I watch that. I don't like to be continued stories because I don't necessarily get to see the second halves of them which frustrates me at least with an arc I can catch up.

I kind of liked the doormat Joe but don't dislike him now. I think there was just too much chaos in the story line with all the job losses and now it's like not as enjoyable to me I guess.

I knew from the moment she had the dream about the daughter that the blonde woman was in on it. I called it even before the end!
    Yup, with donuts!!

Wow, shocking ending that I really loved! You normally know the ending within two minutes of the show starting so it was nice to be shocked for once.

Quote Originally Posted by Sage;2885239;
    Wow, shocking ending that I really loved! You normally know the ending within two minutes of the show starting so it was nice to be shocked for once.
    That surprised me too. Very different. I wonder if we will see the trial.
    "When life gives you lemons, squirt lemon juice in your enemy's eyes."

+ Reply to Thread