+ Reply to Thread
Page 44 of 62 FirstFirst ... 343536373839404142434445464748495051525354 ... LastLast

Thread: Medium

hepcat: The (first) episode was a bit intense. It bothered me when they had even the infant killed, also. Even if we only saw it in cartoon (or it was implied, I think I hid my eyes when I saw the crib).

It has a different feel this year, already. I didn't like seeing the kid tumble over in the car and drown, and I didn't like the 2nd episode this year at ALL.

The 2nd episode was confusing, and just had an evil feel about it. Seeing those horrible things happen to Allison, also...especially the "Where is the rest of me" moment. Awful. Hard to win a viewer back after a shock that big, and it happened early into the episode.

It also felt, in the 2nd episode, like the 'fooled ya! still dreaming' went on way too long. Plus they've done that in another episode in prior seasons. (It also gets annoying, frankly, to hear the same bickering scene repeatedly.)

All of ep. 2 seemed longshot on top of longshot, also. First, the arraignment being delayed until the last minute. Then, how did the man know all the judges would be eating in that one restaurant. Then, how did Scanlon not check to make sure the shooter was dead, in the one dream. Just on and on.

It is also too jarring, IMO, to have Scanlon die AND Allison be crippled in one episode...plus to have it be her daughter's "fault"...What's Glenn G.C. trying to do?

He's normally a very good writer, but he's lost the soul of the show somehow. I like it best when he mixes the everyday with the spiritual. Or even better: life lessons and perspective from those who've seen the big picture. I don't wanna spend an hour watching a family bicker and my favorite characters tortured.

Next ep is the evil spirit of that 1800s doctor coming back. I hope it does not get too gruesome.
    Last edited by Brandy; 11-25-2006 at 01:32 AM.

I fell asleep last night during right after she brought the camera home. Arghhh..
    Yup, with donuts!!

I loved last night's twist ending...it really did have me guessing right up to the end...excellent!

And I don't find this season any "darker" than last season...it IS a show about murder and crime after all...how "light" do you want it to be??
    "Does she remind you of anyone? Suddenly I want pea soup..." Supernatural

I loved last night's show -- my favorite thus far this season!

Emily

I am enjoying the new season so far. I really like the fact that Allison and her husband are getting along this season. I was getting sick of them arguing in every episode!

Quote Originally Posted by ClosetRTWatcher;2172240;
    I am enjoying the new season so far. I really like the fact that Allison and her husband are getting along this season. I was getting sick of them arguing in every episode!
    I agree! I hope they continue to have them getting along for a change...
    "Does she remind you of anyone? Suddenly I want pea soup..." Supernatural

I loved last night's show. Who knew you could watch the "snow" on the tv and actually see a show!!

I liked last night's show too, except for the awful scene of the murderer burning the poor dog with a cigarette. That was way more graphic than I needed to see. I found it upsetting and had a hard time concentrating on the rest of the show. I'm a real softie for animals and just can't stand to think of them being abused -- and I don't want to see it.

I too found that scene so disturbing I still cant get it out of my head! Couldnt they have just talked about it? Did we have to see and hear it? At least the dog was found alive--it was wasnt it?

Quote Originally Posted by cablejockey;2178736;
    I too found that scene so disturbing I still cant get it out of my head! Couldnt they have just talked about it? Did we have to see and hear it? At least the dog was found alive--it was wasnt it?
    Yes, I think they said it was "barely alive", but whether it survived (if it was supposed to be a true story), they didn't reveal. I still find it too gruesome and sad to think about. I wish they hadn't shown it. Hearing about it would have been bad enough.

Emily

+ Reply to Thread