+ Reply to Thread
Page 41 of 62 FirstFirst ... 313233343536373839404142434445464748495051 ... LastLast

Thread: Medium

I thought the premise was interesting, and I wonder if we'll see the bad psychic again once he's in jail.

Does anyone else wonder how far this show has wandered from the real psychic's experiences? It was originally based on a real person, but it seems to be stretching farther and farther each episode.
    You've gotta hustle if you want to earn a dollar. - Boston Rob

I was thinking that myself, Hepcat. Some of it is really strange to be true.

I'm thinking the first season was probably close to the actual true life medium and now it's more fiction and drama than reality.
    Yup, with donuts!!

I was wondering the same thing Hepcat. Especially if her daughters are actually psychic too. Or if she really had that spot on her brain that Joe thought was the cause of it all.

She has a website and you can google and find interviews or news stories on her. I heard about this show and I like it although it seems a bit slow (paced) sometimes. I think they usually have too many plots going on at once. It is hard to tie all that together in a cohesive manner.

The real lady's daughters are showing signs of her same gift so that much is true to life I think. And what I read was, the actual incidents are not the same as happened, but it is loosely based upon her life.

This last episode was creepy!!

Molly Ringwald will make her first TV appearance in four years on the May 1 episode of NBC's Medium, playing a woman in danger. (source: tvguide.com)
    Molly Ringwald's father is/was blind (in real life) so it will be interesting to see the portrayal she will give of a blind person. I think she must have empathy for what that must be like.
    Last edited by Brandy; 04-25-2006 at 09:16 AM.

I know the joke is overdone but I can't help it.

3 word criticism of the "Medium" season finale:
    "Not well done."

Get it? Hah. It's true too!

"You don't rehearse Mr. T, you just turn him loose."
    -----Sylvester Stallone, on Mr. T-----

No... I didn't get it. I just began watching this show, and I have no idea which episode was the season's finale.

It's nice, because every single episode is new to me!

By the way... I just read both her books. They're very good... and I was relieved there is really nothing in them that goes against my religion. Now I can watch the show without any guilt

Also she mentions in one book "Yes, I watch Oprah!". Lol. So I wonder if someone should mention that over in the Oprah thread. Anyway she watches "mindless Tv" as her husband lovingly puts it, to unwind. (I can't blame her - lots of sad stories at times, throughout her day!).

Krom: I heard that if the show was really good they would have called it "Large". Since it is a hit, they should "supersize it".

I saw tonight's finale, but didn't hear it. My sweetie called Long Distance and when given the choice,.... well you know who won. He also watches Medium but gets it later on cable so he didn't miss out.

What I gathered was that Allison had a look at the past and future choosing her old boyfriend and leaving her Grandmother's to find her present husband. And how that connection led to the solving of the trial. Is that basically correct?

And yes, I really believe her girls have some kind of the same abilities, particularly the middle one has been shown in some episodes. And the older one once at least. I think that would make it quite interesting in the next season if they followed up on that some.

I really think that Patricia Arquette was an excellent choice to play Allison. I can't imagine any other actor doing it now.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Why do I keep watching this show? It's painful to watch her "act". It's like she is working with a dummy and trying very hard not to move her lips. Freaks me out a little bit.
    They serenaded the newest champs in this city of champs, and taunted Kobe Bryant and his Lakers, who drowned in a green-and-white wave for 48 minutes.

I actually enjoyed her acting in season 1. I was glad they got a woman who isn't a super model. But her acting is getting worse and worse instead of any better. I'm with you Ginger.. She needs to move those lips! And she did not pull off classy, high powered attorney either. It was almost painful to watch.
    Still love the show and still love Joe though.
    I was suprised the didn't leave us with a cliff hanger. I'm glad because I hate waiting 6 months to find out how a story ends, but at the same time I'm a little disappointed I don't have anything to think about until the show returns.

+ Reply to Thread