+ Reply to Thread
Page 25 of 62 FirstFirst ... 151617181920212223242526272829303132333435 ... LastLast

Thread: Medium

Quote Originally Posted by hepcat
    I think they must have used actors that were related in real life. Didn't the two grownup brothers look alike?
    I thought the same thing. Maybe they just got lucky to find two guys that had similar features like Kelsey Grammer and David Hyde-Pierce on Frasier did.

Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    Allison Dubois was on "The Big Idea with Donny Deutsch" yesterday. She had two or three segments. What a totally likable person!

When I compare Allison with that scheister/conman Jonathan Edwards, they are so completely opposite in every way. She seems genuine and does not accept money for her "readings". Edwards studied how to pull off the con in order to make money, and he is an effective salesman -- nothing more.
    Allison charges money for her readings- a lot of money. I think I read $250.00 per half hour.
    Anyway, I was travelling so I missed the episode and it sounded good! Oh well, maybe they will repeat it sometime this summer.

I think I saw a Deutsch promo that it will play again tonight (Friday, 3/18)

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    Quote Originally Posted by SnowflakeGirl
    Awesome show on Monday, one of the best of the season, I think. The cheese factor seemed much lower, and the resolution much less trite than in past episodes. I actually teared up when the brothers reunited! The ending with the kid who died in incarceration, while tragic, seemed genuine.

YES, Hep, I thought the same thing! When I saw the Buckley brother come out, I actually shouted out, "He looks just like the doctor guy!" (Yes, unfortunately watching TV with me is like MST3K ) No one else watching with me seemed as struck by the resemblance though.

Cheapo producers, didn't want to spring the extra cash to throw that actress one single line!
    Count me in as a little alien MST3K chick! My neighbors upstairs must always think I have friends over!

This was a really good episode, much better at giving equal time to home/work life and tying them together (take daughter to bookstore, see buckley's book).

I was starting to fear for the run of the series when they let the Contender premier take the slot without giving medium a slot at all that week. But, we're back in the saddle and I'm loving it.

Never fear folks, had to change my Medium avatar, because of boredom (i'm the type to repaint the living room on a whim in the middle of the night), not out of any disloyalty to one of my favorite non-reality shows!

JoeGuy, great to see you here! What took you so long??
    Could does not mean should

I thought I'd correct my earlier statement re: Allison's interview with Donny Deutsch, where I incorrectly stated that Allison told Deutsch that she "does not accept money for her 'readings'". After watching the rerun of the interview on Fri., she actually said that she "does not accept money for working cases".

Quote Originally Posted by getreal
    I think I saw a Deutsch promo that it will play again tonight (Friday, 3/18)
    PHOOEY! Because of that darn hacker I couldn't get on the board to read this yesterday! What a total bummer! Maybe next time...

Doing a lap before I commit to a location
    So, last night's episode was really good. I liked the way she "was" Dorothy. And how they kept dragging the dream out instead of showing it all at once. I'm a sucker for 50's and 60's retro too, so I just loved this episode.

Next week's preview didn't give us much!
    Could does not mean should

I am so glad last night's was a new episode. There is very little to watch on Monday nights and I'm so glad I have this show to look forward to.

I loved the concept of last night's show and how they explained the medication giving her goofy dreams. Pretty cool show!

Quote Originally Posted by VeronicaBelle27
    So, last night's episode was really good. I liked the way she "was" Dorothy. And how they kept dragging the dream out instead of showing it all at once. I'm a sucker for 50's and 60's retro too, so I just loved this episode.

Next week's preview didn't give us much!
    I loved it also. Although I was sad at the end knowing that the guy spent the last 40 years in prison for nothing.

Quote Originally Posted by Sunnyone
    ... I was sad at the end knowing that the guy spent the last 40 years in prison for nothing.
    Actually, he spent the time in prison to protect his secret lover. I'm just wondering why Dorothy hadn't spent the past 40 years trying to clear his name because she knew the "truth". I guess because he demanded that she keep the secret, she let him rot in prison until she was released from the promise by her death, and then sought out a medium in order to clear his name and record.

+ Reply to Thread