+ Reply to Thread
Page 15 of 62 FirstFirst ... 5678910111213141516171819202122232425 ... LastLast

Thread: Medium

Doing a lap before I commit to a location

I think their relationship comes off very natural. I don't know, JMHO. I liked last night's episode a lot, but I was waiting for one of them to voice the fear of what "the bad guys" knowing that Allison is a psychic in the DA's office could do to their personal life. All we got was Jake saying that he doesn't want to look like his wife is a lunatic. His attitude was terrible, but at least it was true to life. You can imagine him seeing it that way.

Anyway, I'm really afraid of next weeks episode, maybe someone can join me online, I get spooked by things like they are going to show very easily. We should have a thread in General Discussion for people to hang out in when they are scared of what they are watching, but certainly wouldn't turn it off.
    Could does not mean should

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    I love the chemistry between the couple. Patricia Arquette can be a little "forced" in her acting, but who the heck am I? LOL

Next week scares the crapola out of me. I LOVE Reed Diamond (from Homicide) and he plays the creepy guy next week. That just irks me when someone I love on TV turns creepy He also guest-starred on the West Wing and was normal!

Glad it got renewed

Quote Originally Posted by wwhippetcrazy
    I loved how Allison handled the cross examination....I was "woo hooing" when she shut that attorney up!
    Me too! I just wish the wardrobe department would get her some blouses that fit - everything she had on in this episode was about 2 sizes too small.

And I love Jake Weber, but I have a soft spot for anyone from "American Gothic".
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

I agree- with Qboots- her wardrobe it awful! I do notice that I miss a lot of conversation because he talks too fast and she tends to mumble a little bit. Didn't like the Australia thing- what would have been better is if she had noticed that his mole looked like Australia and insisted he get it checked, not the other way around. That storyline didn't quite fit...
    Also, loved the part when she was yelling at him on the phone and said "Tell Kelly your wife needs you tonight!" and he didn't seem to bat an eyelash. (and the viewers were like "gasp!") then we find out why he didn't freak about it. Those little things are what I like. And when the little girl said "You were talking to oppsy, because you said 'bye oppsie'.

JR.
    Quote Originally Posted by Qboots
    I just wish the wardrobe department would get her some blouses that fit - everything she had on in this episode was about 2 sizes too small.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

Quote Originally Posted by JR.
    You say that like it's a bad thing.

I guess for you it's OK, but it makes me claustrophobic. I feel like I can't breathe unless I wear really loose clothing, and it's distracting to see someone else in tight clothes. Perhaps I should just avert my eyes.
    "I'm telling you - it's a madhouse out there. I feel like Charlton Heston waking up in the field and seeing the chimp on top of the pony." ~ Dennis Miller

It was a bad thing. She, quite frankly looked dumpy. The plaid blouse did nothing for her and belongs in the Goodwill bag.

Not to say I don't like the show, I like it a lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Noreen
    It was a bad thing. She, quite frankly looked dumpy. The plaid blouse did nothing for her and belongs in the Goodwill bag.

Not to say I don't like the show, I like it a lot.
    Very true. I wish they would do something with her hair also. The real Allison DuBois is very pretty and stylish- they are making Patricia look like a frumpy housewife.

Quote Originally Posted by Reality tv fan
    Loved how she brought that attorney down...very clever!!!!

I wasn't sure if I was going to like the show either, but it's turning out to be pretty good. Patricia Arquette is a natural fit for this show, imo.

I don't get why some think Allison is made out to look like a frumpy housewife. She doesn't look frumpy at all to me. Her wardrobe is not the best, but if she were to look like a glamourous waif all the time, then I think the show would lose some of the connection it has to the average viewer.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    I agree with Wolf....she definitley doesn't look like a frumpy housewife.....I love her hair and she's very pretty, and I think she is dressed average....like a mom with a career would be dressed....she can't go around looking glamorous, because that would be just weird.......I like the dynamics of the show....I think it will be a very underrated show.....good writing for the storylines.

+ Reply to Thread