+ Reply to Thread
Page 14 of 62 FirstFirst ... 456789101112131415161718192021222324 ... LastLast

Thread: Medium

Quote Originally Posted by Citizen Kaos
    :rolleyes You can say that again! He's almost perfect as in tuned as he is with her.

I get what some people are saying about the acting but still there's something oddly "pulling" me to watch the show again and again.
    I love the show, and I guess I watch it wishing my husband was like that Like that first episode when she shows up with pizza and he says there is chicken on the table already. It would have gone this way at my house:

Me: Sorry I'm late, but I've got pizza
    dh: Why in the hell didn't you call?? We've been sitting here starving!! The kids are driving me nuts and they are all wet from the sprinklers and they are ruining the grass!
    KIDS: Mom, mom, mom! dad has done nothing but yell at us! You got pizza? We don't want pizza! We want Taco Bell, Wendy's and Subway! Dad wouldn't feed us...

I must be one of the few who don't like the actors. NBC has announced it's picked it up for a second season, and ordered 3 more episodes for this season (for 16 total).

Quote Originally Posted by John
    I must be one of the few who don't like the actors. NBC has announced it's picked it up for a second season, and ordered 3 more episodes for this season (for 16 total).
    i'm right there with you, john. the acting is not that great. i can deal with arquette (although, i'd really rather not). but the husband just irritates me - he was definitely not the best choice for the role (or any role, for that matter). lol but, i love the show. go figure.
    "I'm selfish, impatient, and a little insecure. I make mistakes. I am out of control, and at times hard to handle, but if you can't handle me at my worst, then you sure as hell don't deserve me at my best .. "

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    NBC has announced it's picked it up for a second season, and ordered 3 more episodes for this season (for 16 total).

Cool!!

As for the actor who plays Patricia Arquette's husband (Jake Weber).....I really like him, and as I said before they've got great chemistry and a great relationship, they play off each other very well.....I also like his sense of humour.

Glad to hear they are going to have 16 episodes this season.

I missed the first 15 minutes or so last night as I was going to watch it at 10, but Las Vegas was a repeat....I loved how Allison handled the cross examination....I was "woo hooing" when she shut that attorney up!

Last night they actually seem to show the hubby and her not understanding each other too well....
    ---------------------
    opps....

This is quickly becoming my favorite show. I hope it has a nice long run. I've always liked Patricia Arquette and her style with this character is great. I like that she looks meek and soft-spoken, but instead is somewhat fierce and confident. I like that she's moody, battling borderline alcoholism and is still coming to grips with her "gift". I'm not having a problem with the husband wife chemistry, but I'd like to see a bit more affection and love and a bit less of the contentious factor. But it's realistic, so I'm not knocking it.

Lucy and Kevin...so cute! Reality tv fan's Avatar
    Last night's episode was one of my faves yet.....interesting how Allison misunderstood her dreams and assumed her husband was having an affair....I like how her dreams show bits and pieces of faces and places....but you still have to figure out, what is happening....it's cool

Loved how she brought that attorney down...very clever!!!!

JR.
    I'm still undecided on this show. The actors are terrible, but the plots are interesting.
    I'm with you on this, but I think Patricia Arquette is ok. I'd like it better if she was single and didn't have kids, the family just gets in the way.

Caged Mah Jongg Solitaire Champion Maveno's Avatar
    funnygirl422 has been trying to get me to watch this show. At last, I saw it last night.
    I didn't find it interesting...at all. Sorry everyone, the acting by all of'm was awful IMO.

Also, there was a guy I saw on television (Jimmy Kimmel?) about a month ago who said, "Why don't these 'spirits' just say what they want to say!? NO, they just give 'clues' and you have to figure it out.."
    Something like that.
    It made me laugh when she was told, "Australia".. instead of "the lump on your husband back is getting bigger".
    All things beautiful do not have to be full of color to be noticed; in
    life that which is unnoticed has the most power.

Quote Originally Posted by Duxxy
    re: the husband .. come on!! NO ONE has a spouse that understanding and forgiving all the time.
    My husband's always incredibly understanding and forgiving. Now, don't get me wrong, he drives me nuts in plenty other ways!

Anyway, I'm surprised to hear so many people find the acting to be deficient. I like the performances; seems like what I find naturalistic and nuanced just comes off as flat to others.

I liked last night's episode. As others have mentioned, I savored the moment she stuck it to that sleazy defense attorney. I was never really worried that her husband was cheating on her, but I thought the way they showed Allison struggle with her suspicions was funny and interesting.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

+ Reply to Thread