+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast

Thread: Under-rated TV Actors/Actresses.

I think Kenneth Branagh is underrated. So is David Duchovny.
    Reality leaves a lot to the imagination. ~John Lennon

Write for HubPages.

Although I believe Kenneth is plenty celebrated at home in the UK.

I agree David Duchovny is underrated, and not just because I was a hardcore X-phile (or, okay, maybe because I was ).

Well, I'm actually a little confused whether this thread is about under/over-rated TV/movie/both actors/actresses, but I also agree with the folks who think Gwyneth & Julia are overrated.

One actor I've always thought was underrated: Ron Eldard. The majority of you probably won't even recognize his name, thereby proving how underrated he is. So anyway, that's why I'm including a picture.
    [IMG]images/img/12-6216-sm.jpg[/IMG]
    He was a paramedic on ER (and also marriedto Juliana Margulies in real life) and the (some would argue, rightfully) shortlived American version of "Men Behaving Badly," but has also done fine work in movies like Black Hawk Down and House of Sand and Fog. He has a new show coming to ABC next year as a mid-season replacement called "Blind Justice" and I really hope it does well because I truly think he's a fine actor whose accomplishments tend to slip into the background.
    Last edited by Mantenna; 01-16-2005 at 05:24 PM.
    Sending good vibes and warm fuzzies your way..., SnowflakeGirl
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

Ron Eldard was also in the movie "Ghostship". I remember him & Juliana Marguiles (sp?) were dating. Does anyone know if they are still together?
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

Ya know who else is a really good actress? Cher.

I don't know if she qualifies as under-rated since she did win an Academy Award for "Moonstruck" (& I think she was nominated for "Mask", but I can't remember for sure)

She hasn't done anything in a long time (except for the small part in that horrible "Stuck On You" movie with Matt Damon & Greg Kinnear ~ awful movie, they are all too good for that crap), but I always like how real her characters are.

Holly, re: Ron Eldard & Juliana Margulies--They were married for a long while (in Hollywood years) but I heard recently they got a divorce, which saddens me as I thought they were such a great couple.

ETA: Cher was also great in Silkwood too. I guess people just have a hard time taking her seriously.
    All New AMERICA'S TOP MODEL Recaps! Premiere Pt. 1 & Pt. 2, Ep. 3, Ep. 4, Dinah's Dynamite Ep. 5, Ep. 6, Ep. 7, Ep. 8, Ep. 9, Ep. 10, Ep. 11, Finale
    Relive every beautiful moment of America's Next Top Model...Click here for links to prior season recaps & interviews.

God, I must've been asleep ~ I didn't even know they got married!

overrated-- Julia Roberts
    Jennifer Lopez ( also an overrated 'singer' too)
    Keanu Reeves
    Leonardo Dicaprio
    Ben (Duck Boy) Affleck

I think that Phillip Seymour Hoffman is highly under-rated.

Ed Harris is another fave of mine that I'd like to see more of, as well as William H Macy
    and I LOVE Steve Buscemi! He's the best second banana ever.
    "Education's purpose is to replace an empty mind with an open one."

Well, Duxxy has covered most of my "Unknown Character Actor List" that I omitted, since they're mostly film guys: Steve Buscemi, Phillip Seymour Hoffman, William H. Macy--I would just add John C. Reilly here. Great, I mean truly fine actors who get very little recognition from the general public just because they're not "Leading Men."

Jerry Orbach
    Bill Murray (even if he was nominated for an Oscar)
    Julia Stiles
    Jill Hennessy (especially when she was on Law & Order)
    and that Chris Noth guy, who I'm still crushing on

I won't post my list of overrated actors since this is a thread for the underrated ones out there. Besides, my list is too long.

+ Reply to Thread
Page 2 of 7 FirstFirst 1234567 LastLast