+ Reply to Thread
Page 1 of 168 123456789101151101 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

Oprah

I normally don't watch Oprah, but I happened to flip it on today. I missed like the first 10 minutes or so, but it was a couple of different families who are going to be on a show on Bravo about Stage Moms/Dads. The main focus was this guy that wants to be an actor & he wants all of his kids to be actors too (there were 6 or 7 kids). Anyway, as the show went on, it was so obvious how sad his kids are. I was just wondering if anyone else saw this.
    Last edited by fluff; 02-08-2005 at 04:10 PM. Reason: change thread title to cover all Oprah shows
    Artificial intelligence is no match for natural stupidity.

It was a repeat episode, Holly. I saw it the first time it was broadcast. Gotta love Papa Nutter. No one likes to see a parent push their child like that, but he is quite an amusing character. I thought he was misguided, but on the other hand, his children seemed to take his idiosyncrasies with good humour (and resignation). They will certainly have some very interesting stories for their grandchildren one day.

There was a forum here for the Bravo show, but if I recall correctly it got very heated (I believe one of the *stage moms* was posting) and I don't know if it got deleted or if it's in the archives somewhere.
    All my life, I have felt destiny tugging at my sleeve.~ Thursday Next
    I don't want to "go with the flow". The flow just washes you down the drain. I want to fight the flow.- Henry Rollins
    All this spiritual talk is great and everything...but at the end of the day, there's nothing like a pair of skinny jeans. - Jillian Michaels

Quote Originally Posted by AJane
    It was a repeat episode, Holly. I saw it the first time it was broadcast. Gotta love Papa Nutter. No one likes to see a parent push their child like that, but he is quite an amusing character. I thought he was misguided, but on the other hand, his children seemed to take his idiosyncrasies with good humour (and resignation). They will certainly have some very interesting stories for their grandchildren one day.

There was a forum here for the Bravo show, but if I recall correctly it got very heated (I believe one of the *stage moms* was posting) and I don't know if it got deleted or if it's in the archives somewhere.
    I know, someone bumped the Bravo show thread up afterwards & I commented in there that maybe a mod can move my post to that forum.

Quote Originally Posted by AJane

Hi, Ajane!

You are correct. Shane's mother was posting with requests for FORTers to contact Bravo to show more of Shane. I called her on it, saying that Bravo would not be likely to revise its show based on some emails. That is just ridiculous.

Anyway, the discussion in general as I recall was not especially heated except when it came to child beauty pageants. That did seem to strike a nerve with a lot of folks.

Oprah's show was a very old rerun.

Anyone watching Oprah today?

There's a woman on there discussing all the cosmetic surgery proceedures she's had.
    She looks awful, imo.
    Her lips look like plastic joke shop ones.
    She's only 28 and has had 26 proceedures.
    She looked so much better before imo, so much more natural

I caught it today. Yikes! I hope the lady who said the lightbulb turned on and she didn't want anymore suregries sticks with it. Oprah's been on a roll with some good shows lately.
    You got to cry without weeping. Talk without speaking. Scream without raising your voice.- U2

That light bulb moment seemed a bit staged to me.
    I know, I'm so cynical, but it literally was an epiphany for her.
    One moment she was about to get her fat Hoovered out again, the next she was done.

I agree though speedy, I hope she sticks with it, for her physical and mental and the families financial well being.

Quote Originally Posted by fluff
    That light bulb moment seemed a bit staged to me.
    I know, I'm so cynical, but it literally was an epiphany for her.
    One moment she was about to get her fat Hoovered out again, the next she was done.
    I thought the same thing. I just don't think it was sincere for some reason.

And the 28 year old that has had all those surgeries looked 18365083 times better before! She was so cute. Her face looks like wax now. Her lips remind me of those big fake lips that we used to get at Halloween when we were kids (anyone else remember those? ) So sad.

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar
    Just wanted to let anyone who is a Christopher Reeves fan know that his wife, Dana, is on right now. She is going to talk about their last few months together.

RIP Superman
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

The recent episode about men who kill their wives was so sad. One guy killed his two kids and then stabbed his wife more than 60 times-but she survived. I bet her surviving still felt like death to her anyway; for God's sake the father killed the children. What is wrong with people? Ugh.
    I have learned that gifts don't always come wrapped and treasures aren't always buried.
    - Bob Perks

+ Reply to Thread