+ Reply to Thread
Page 96 of 168 FirstFirst ... 468687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105106146 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Re: Oprah

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2894517;
    Oh just give me a break. So this is a woman who is as close to being a man as any woman can get, then. So she's not, genetically, a man; she's still a woman. Whatever.......

(Sorry, combatcutie, that little tirade wasn't directed at you. I appreciate your information. I just had to get that out! )
    no offense taken. I was as annoyed as you were that Oprah would even put something like that on her show.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I don't guess it was so much that I was annoyed at her putting that show on as it was that it was being built up to be something that it really wasn't. Of course, I also don't know the thinking that went into putting that show on, either. Women have babies every day! If you've got the required parts, there is a good chance that you can get the job done. This is not the case of a man having a baby, for goodness sakes; it's a case of a woman having a baby. Gimme a break!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I just want to say that today's episode made me cry! Puppy mills, and people who run them, make me so ANGRY!
    Pink Elephants on Parade!

I usually don't watch Oprah but I saw a few promos for today's show which was the interview with Barbra Walters. Did anyone see it? If so, I was wondering what she had to say about Star Jones?

FORT Fogey

I watched it. I thought that both Oprah and Barbara did a very nice job. I was really impressed with how open and honest Barbara was. It was nice to see that a woman who seeks such openness from her interview subjects understood the need to give the same back. And as much as I thought Oprah botched her puff piece with Tom Cruise, I think she tends to do nicely on book-interviews, and it was the case with this one. THere were a few things she brought up that Barbara tried to get out of talking about, but Oprah would point out that she had written about it, so it was fair to talk about it.

When I sat down to watch it tonight, I expected to watch the first couple of segments and then move on to Idol. I ended up watching the entire thing. I don't remember the last week night I watched an entire Oprah show.

What did Barbara say about Star Jones? The teaser on the commercials made it sound like Barbara said she had to lie for Star Jones, was it mentioned? anyone know?

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by luvsginger;2973638;
    What did Barbara say about Star Jones? The teaser on the commercials made it sound like Barbara said she had to lie for Star Jones, was it mentioned? anyone know?
    Yes, she said they all lied. She talked about the gastric bypass, and how they all obviously knew that Starr had done it, and originally she was going to talk about it, even in a 20/20 interview. But then she decided that she didn't want to, and didn't want any of them to make it public. So they kept quiet for a friend. Barbara called it lying -- I consider it more not speaking up and betraying a friend.

She then explained that ABC decided to not renew Star's contract because they did focus groups whch showed that the declining ratings were due to Star, who had gone from being the most popular and relatable woman on the show to the one people disliked the most. Barbara blamed it on her dishonesty about the weight loss as well as her getting too out of control with her wedding, which I think is fair. So, as we all have heard by now, ABC told her they wouldn't renew, Barbara and Bill said they'd say whatever Star wanted them to in explaining her departure, and then Star went behind their backs doing the People interview and announcing two days early that she was not returning.

FORT Fanatic

wow...veruka... nice job of summing up what babs said.

Thank you Veruka! I read today that Star Jones is slamming Barbara Walters for spilling her secrets and destroying the family of the Senator she had an affair with.

I think Star has bigger worries at the moment Come on now, we were all disgusted and irritated by her claims of "pilates and portion control" as the secret to her weight loss for the couple of years that she insisted those were the methods she used to lose a few hundred pounds. (Okaaaaay -- maybe I exaggerate a bit ) Part of me is wondering if Star is hoping to use this publicity to score herself an interview or two to "spin" her side of this and to put her side of the divorce out there. Spin baby, spin...

+ Reply to Thread