+ Reply to Thread
Page 95 of 168 FirstFirst ... 45858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104105145 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

FORT Fanatic

Re: Oprah

re friday's show, can you believe that HOT, hot guy who was under all that hair and beard? unbelievable. i was in the other room so i missed the back story re the blond woman, who's eyes almost popped out when he came on stage. what's the deal? thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;2879762;
    re friday's show, can you believe that HOT, hot guy who was under all that hair and beard? unbelievable. i was in the other room so i missed the back story re the blond woman, who's eyes almost popped out when he came on stage. what's the deal? thanks.

She is his girlfriend and she had never seen him without facial hair, she said that he had the beard and everything but it was not as thick as it was on the show. She was totally shocked when she saw his face.
    I understood exactly how she felt when I met my husband he was 16 and he already had facial hair and here we are over 30 years later and I have never seen him without it! I probably wouldn't know him.....LOL

PWS
    FORT Fogey

A good beard can cover up a serious lack of chin...a guy can really change his look that way. Of course, has to be a good beard, not one of those straggly frizzy things.

I am catching up on back episodes and the woman with that whole house of clutter was just foul. Why would her family wait so long to help her and allow all that junk to pile up? I was waiting for Niecy Nash from "Clean House" to come out and yell at her for her foolishness and Mayhem she had in that house,lol.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by MsDiva2007;2884704;
    I am catching up on back episodes and the woman with that whole house of clutter was just foul. Why would her family wait so long to help her and allow all that junk to pile up? I was waiting for Niecy Nash from "Clean House" to come out and yell at her for her foolishness and Mayhem she had in that house,lol.

I would love to see an update a year after. I don't believe they can keep things under control without therapy. He was as much a part of the problem as his wife.

I think her family did try to help but they weren't allowed to come to the house for a number of years. Without the help Oprah provided I doubt there was much they could have done, anyway.

My sister had seen the show the first time it aired and told me about it. I was so glad I was able to see the repeat.

I, too, don't think she is out of the woods. She had some serious issues to be in that mess so deeply. And yes, her husband was also a hoarder with all the bills and receipts for 35 years!

I think she does need some time on a couch talking about this, for sure!

Anyone watch the show that aired today about the "man" who is 6 months pregnant? I see that he is 34 years old. I don't know how old his wife is. She looks older, and has two daughters from a previous marriage that looked to be in their 20s. I am thinking the wife might be in her late 40s, early 50s.

It was an interesting show and I wish them all the best when they have their baby.

Where I is, you 'ain't! bee stung lips's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC;2893701;
    My sister had seen the show the first time it aired and told me about it. I was so glad I was able to see the repeat.

I, too, don't think she is out of the woods. She had some serious issues to be in that mess so deeply. And yes, her husband was also a hoarder with all the bills and receipts for 35 years!

I think she does need some time on a couch talking about this, for sure!

Anyone watch the show that aired today about the "man" who is 6 months pregnant? I see that he is 34 years old. I don't know how old his wife is. She looks older, and has two daughters from a previous marriage that looked to be in their 20s. I am thinking the wife might be in her late 40s, early 50s.

It was an interesting show and I wish them all the best when they have their baby.
    The great thing about it is that husband, wife and the wife's daughters from the previous marriage came off as very well-grounded people. When I heard that the show was going to feature a "pregnant man" the first thing I thought was that it was going to be like some sort of freak show. I mean let's face it, men don't get pregnant every day. I too wish them the best and a happy and healthy baby.
    "You mustn't be afraid to dream a little bigger, darling"

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

I didn't get to see it, but hope to in the future. Now tell me if I've got this much right. The "man" used to be a woman, correct?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey Pyramid Solitaire by Disney's Tangled Champion combatcutie's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay;2894489;
    I didn't get to see it, but hope to in the future. Now tell me if I've got this much right. The "man" used to be a woman, correct?
    Yes, she was born a woman but after her mother passed (she was very young) her father started treating her like her brothers. So basically she was brought up to be a man. She had her chest removed and started taking testosterone BUT kept her female parts b/c she wasn't ready to give up having a child. She is legally considered a man. When she found out her wife was infertile, she decided to go off the testosterone to have a child.
    I can only please one person a day, today is not your day and tomorrow doesn't look good either

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Oh just give me a break. So this is a woman who is as close to being a man as any woman can get, then. So she's not, genetically, a man; she's still a woman. Whatever.......

(Sorry, combatcutie, that little tirade wasn't directed at you. I appreciate your information. I just had to get that out! )
    Last edited by prhoshay; 04-04-2008 at 12:24 PM.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread