+ Reply to Thread
Page 94 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4484858687888990919293949596979899100101102103104144 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

Re: Oprah

Simon Cowell just paid off a $164,000 mortgage for a couple whose young (3) daughter has cancer. He said he just "got" that giving makes you feel good about yourself. Yoo hoo! Simon! Over here!
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fanatic

It's stupid but it's been bugging me since Monday when Oprah was introducing Leona Lewis as having auditioned for "Britain's version of American Idol called The X Factor". I was under the impression that American Idol was based on Pop Idol. And that America's Got Talent was based on The X Factor. So basically she was "introducing" two talents who came from different versions of the same show neither of which was Idol.

FORT Fanatic

too bad simon apparently had to tell the world about his good deed. he still needs to learn the lesson that it is better to do the good deed and keep it to yourself. "somehow" the goodness grows tremendously when you don't tell people. that's not very eloquate [sp?] but something oprah has always said, and i have found it's true.

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;2868701;
    too bad simon apparently had to tell the world about his good deed. he still needs to learn the lesson that it is better to do the good deed and keep it to yourself. "somehow" the goodness grows tremendously when you don't tell people. that's not very eloquate [sp?] but something oprah has always said, and i have found it's true.
    Oprah may say it, but she certainly doesn't practice it. Admittedly, she publicizies her good deeds from the thinking of "My sharing what I do will inspire others to do the same". But if that thinking is good enough for her, seems to me it should be good enough for Simon.

FORT Fanatic

bill cosby - i know he was on weeks ago, but is there something wrong with his eyes? why was he wearing sunglasses? if nothing is wrong...why would oprah let him do the show wearing sunglasses? when i saw a preview i thought maybe he'd suddenly lost his eyesight. thanks.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

Could be a case of serious sensitivity to light (photophobia). He's not pretentious (don't know that he's ever been) enough to wear dark glasses for no reason.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fogey

Quote Originally Posted by babyfat101;2868715;
    bill cosby - i know he was on weeks ago, but is there something wrong with his eyes? why was he wearing sunglasses? if nothing is wrong...why would oprah let him do the show wearing sunglasses? when i saw a preview i thought maybe he'd suddenly lost his eyesight. thanks.
    That interview was a re-run. It's been a while since I saw it, but I remember Oprah asking him about the sunglasses early in the interview. He gave an explanation, which I cannot remember. It was something like an infection in his eye or something. He took the glasses off for a moment, and Oprah agreed that the audience wouldn't want to look at it. He was wearing the sunglasses as a favor to the audience - not a necessity.

On a cupcake mission! Lois Lane's Avatar

I really don't care why people donate things...for publicity, tax write-offs...as long as it isn't illegal, go for it! Drew Barrymore was on there and donated $1 million to a charity, right? Good for her! It raises awareness and if they get some publicity out of it, too, I don't care.

Bill Cosby: didn't see the show but I wonder if he had Pink Eye. I had it once and it's not very attractive.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar

And, I've heard it hurts, too.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic

veruka - thanks.

+ Reply to Thread