+ Reply to Thread
Page 68 of 168 FirstFirst ... 18585960616263646566676869707172737475767778118 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

You're right Broadway, it was the receptions but still in poor taste, in my opinion.

One couple said that they were just getting ready to cut the cake when the doors were flung open and there were all the camers and bright lights. Well now they will have lots of pictures with them getting second billing because we all know that Oprah doesn't take a back seat to anyone. I just can't imagine what she was thinking. Just because she thinks that her appearance would just make their day doesn't make it so. I feel sorry for them.

It was definitely tacky, but I don't know that it would have ruined their day. If she had stayed longer than 5 minutes at each place and hadn't brought a gift, I'd feel differently, but I think this just gives all of these couples an extra little story to tell for years.

And I'm sure they're going to get a visit to Chicago out of the deal come September, too.

This is in no way excusing Oprah's sense of entitlement, but this probably ended up being a fun occurance for most.
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

Quote Originally Posted by MamaC View Post
    The newlywed wife said that Oprah told her that she had looked at the bride's registry and most of the items were already bought, so she decided on a service for 8 of "really nice dishes".....ivory in color with chickens in the center. (I kid thee not!)
    The 8 dishes, I could understand. But a chicken in the center? Just the thought of it cracks me up! What's the point? If they were cutting the cake, dinner had most likely been served. And if it hadn't, 8 chickens wouldn't feed everyone. I'd love to hear Oprah's logic of putting a chicken on each plate.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Because they're in Oklahoma. All Sooners love chickens, right?
    Never let the things you want make you forget about the things you have.

I was thinking chickens were part of the pattern of the plate, not actual chickens? I didn't see the show though.

Quote Originally Posted by lildago View Post
    The 8 dishes, I could understand. But a chicken in the center? Just the thought of it cracks me up! What's the point? If they were cutting the cake, dinner had most likely been served. And if it hadn't, 8 chickens wouldn't feed everyone. I'd love to hear Oprah's logic of putting a chicken on each plate.
    Huh, dago??? Pregnancy hormones hitting you already? Thinking about food??? I think the chicken was the pattern!!! I still love you though!

Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    I was thinking chickens were part of the pattern of the plate, not actual chickens? I didn't see the show though.
    Ssshhhhh!!! lildago is having a senior moment. Let her ramble. It makes for good "remember whens" later. Funny as heck, too.

I'm sure that they were the pattern and not the main course.

Little did I know but Oprah spent the night a few miles from me on Sunday night. Just think, that may have been my one big chance and I didn't even know it. She and Gayle visited the National Civil Rights Museum and then Oprah was duck master at the Peabody.

I must be losing it!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I can't imagine registering for plates with chickens on them, but to each their own.

I wouldn't have minded having Oprah crash my reception!!!! What a neat surprise!!!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by Muduh View Post
    Ssshhhhh!!! lildago is having a senior moment. Let her ramble. It makes for good "remember whens" later. Funny as heck, too.

I'm sure that they were the pattern and not the main course.

Little did I know but Oprah spent the night a few miles from me on Sunday night. Just think, that may have been my one big chance and I didn't even know it. She and Gayle visited the National Civil Rights Museum and then Oprah was duck master at the Peabody.
    Oh I did not know Oprah was in Memphis. My mom usually tells me this stuff. I guess she forgot.

Am I the only one the finds it strange that Oprah never travels without Gayle? I mean I can see having girlfriend weekends and stuff but I never hear about her just taking a trip with Stedman. If she goes on one with Stedman, Gayle is always there too. It is just strange in my opinion....

+ Reply to Thread