+ Reply to Thread
Page 65 of 168 FirstFirst ... 15555657585960616263646566676869707172737475115165 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

Who did they have on the Legends show? I like Tina Turner.

Drat! I think I missed the Legends show. My life will not longer be complete. I will not be the women I'm supposed to be as I did not learn and grow from Oprah's experience of a lifetime Oh woa is me..... HA!

Actually, I just had a catnap with the kitties and didn't remember it was on.

What I find annoying now is her topic choices. They go from one end of the spectrum to the other in an annoying fashion. I know it's entertainment, but because of her status and prime time, and la de da da, I'm more impressed with learning something about someone or discussions that help you grow.

The best burger or cake in America does nothing for the millions who do not live there. And her self-promoting of her New House In Hawaii does nothing for those who cannot afford such things. I like Rachel Ray because I don't get cable, but I've noticed her recipes are not necessarily cheap (prociutto is almost a buck a slice) or low in fat! But they are easy And I don't care if Oprah gains more weight or not. It's passe. She shouldn't focus on weight other than for health's sake with Dr. Oz. And I'll watch any show that Dr. Robin is on because she's smart! And it is interesting that he trainer is now looking after her gardens! He sold out for the lah.

I really liked the Dog Whisperer. He has an amazing talent and that information may help other dog owners. Notice there aren't ANY Cat Whisperers!! It's not possible I'd challenge Oprah to find one of those.... ha ha ha.

But seriously, I do go back and forth now whether I think her show is valuable or not for what I need to know or get excited about. It the viewer's choice. I don't sweat it if I miss the odd show or turn it off if there's nothing of value for me or someone I know.
    Last edited by misskitty; 05-23-2006 at 01:13 AM.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I'd pay good money to see Oprah whisper to a cat, misskitty!

Just love that avatar of yours!

I enjoyed the Legends show. Maybe you're not old enough to appreciate how different things are than they were in the 50's and 60's. I think the tribute was well deserved. It wasn't about Oprah. I like that Oprah has taken on international issues about child abuse. It is so easy for us to walk through our lives with blinders on.
    Count your blessings!

FORT Fogey
    it's weird that destiny's child weren't there as well as queen latifa. maybe they were invited and couldn't make it

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by Gutmutter View Post
    I enjoyed the Legends show. Maybe you're not old enough to appreciate how different things are than they were in the 50's and 60's. I think the tribute was well deserved. It wasn't about Oprah. I like that Oprah has taken on international issues about child abuse. It is so easy for us to walk through our lives with blinders on.
    I'm glad to hear that. I have become so cynical about Oprah. I was afraid it would just be another celebration where the rich and famous honor themselves. I'm glad she honored the historical significane of these women. I also appreciate that Oprah raises awareness for important issues, but I have to admit that she can get on my nerves.

I watched it. I enjoyed it. I thought it was great. The Sunday brunch thing, wow! I choked up myself many times. It was funny how they made fun of the white folk. Maria saying, hope they don't pass the mic to us. Like they would.

I got distracted for a minute but did they say the white lady wrote the poem? Just that Oprah had told her what she wanted it to mean?

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    it's weird that destiny's child weren't there as well as queen latifa. maybe they were invited and couldn't make it
    See gutmutter's comment...I doubt very much that Oprah is inspired by Beyonce....

FORT Fogey
    and she is inspired by ashanti???

Quote Originally Posted by jacobson00 View Post
    and she is inspired by ashanti???
    Maybe she thinks that Ashanti has talent and needed some inspiration to get her going again. I don't think she has been up to much. Or has she?

+ Reply to Thread