+ Reply to Thread
Page 64 of 168 FirstFirst ... 14545556575859606162636465666768697071727374114164 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I'm back, for just a minute, to brag on my memory!! The Legends Ball was in May 2005! Someone on the radio this morning said that he was supposed to be there but that he had to give a commencement address.

I'm about to get tendonitis from patting myself on the back!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Hi, longtime lurker in this thread. You all crack me up with your snarky comments, especially prhoshay and rt1ky. Like many of you, I have a love/hate relationship with Oprah - as we speak, I'm about to have breakfast in front of a re-run. While I do agree that her show has pretty much gone to the dogs recently (if I hear the name Gayle King again, I might not be responsible for my own actions. Also, what's with the rushed interviews? She never seemed that interested in her guests, but recently she's become unbearable with her constantly interrupting her guests and trying to cram as many guests as possible into a one-hour show. Seriously, doesn't she underestimate her audience's attention span?), I. Can't. Stop. Watching. If only to make snarky comments about how intolerable she is. So I was glad to find an Oprah thread here at my favourite site.

On a different note: Is it just me, or has Oprah gained back a lot of the weight she lost? Call me na´ve, but I actually thought she'd manage to keep the weight off this time since she's been talking about nothing than her new life style and how her relationship with food has been completely altered. You would think she'd have learned something from the infamous "here's how much I lost in lard" (or was it butter?) incident. What does her "brother" Bob Green have to say about this?
    "There's more to life than books, you know, but not much more" (Morrissey)

Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    Is it just me, or has Oprah gained back a lot of the weight she lost?....What does her "brother" Bob Green have to say about this?
    It is my ultimate issue of Oprah's show is that she never lets anyone finish their own sentence's. She is especially bad when it's one of her "friends". She is at her very worse when its Gail "trying" to talk.

Ohhhh and yes she has put on at least 25-30 pounds. And it is not a big deal she gained some back... it will always be an issue... what kills me is she refuses to buy clothes that fit. She has more money that she knows what to do with... but she can't seem to buy her self clothes that fit.

If you are a bigger girl.. clothes fitting well is so important. It actually is slimming when they hang correct. Oprah has yet to wear a skirt that did not ride up over her butt 6 inches higher in the back than in front. That only happens when you wear clothes too tight. Plus she is still obsessed with wearing high heels that she can not walk up right in... but in all fairness... she couldn't walk up right in them before she gained the weight back.

Ohhhhh and I saw Gail mentioning how Oprah did gain back 10 pounds over Christmas. (It was on ET or Inside Edition... I just saw it!) Just 10?

Oh and did anyone else notice Bob Green lives on her property in Santa Monica? When they showed her rose garden the other day... Bob was there... fresh out of bed... and Oprah making it clear that Bob lived on the property and managed things for her...

gaby, I have always, even when I could stand to watch her show, wondered why the woman didn't get clothes that fit. I agree that wearing clothes that are too tight does not give the appearance that you're smaller than you are. Quite the opposite.

I used to watch the show and enjoy it but I can't sit through it any more. She irritates the heck out of me for many of the same reasons that you all have stated.

I like talk shows for entertainment, not lecturing me for what I need to do and not do. I get enough of that from my husband. And as far as comparing her to Billy Graham, hardly! I feel that he has walked the walk. Oprah only talks the talk. In spite of her overbearing personality, I feel that she's still in awe of celebrities. She acts like a kid when she is in the company of someone who is actually more of a celebrity that she seems to consider herself. She spends the entire time trying to elevate herself in her own eyes.

For those who like Oprah, I can understand that. I used to, but she wears thin in a hurry now.

Trying to free myself from the snarkside.
    Quote Originally Posted by geek the girl View Post
    Hi, longtime lurker in this thread. You all crack me up with your snarky comments, especially prhoshay and rt1ky. Like many of you, I have a love/hate relationship with Oprah - as we speak, I'm about to have breakfast in front of a re-run. While I do agree that her show has pretty much gone to the dogs recently (if I hear the name Gayle King again, I might not be responsible for my own actions. Also, what's with the rushed interviews? She never seemed that interested in her guests, but recently she's become unbearable with her constantly interrupting her guests and trying to cram as many guests as possible into a one-hour show. Seriously, doesn't she underestimate her audience's attention span?), I. Can't. Stop. Watching. If only to make snarky comments about how intolerable she is. So I was glad to find an Oprah thread here at my favourite site.

On a different note: Is it just me, or has Oprah gained back a lot of the weight she lost? Call me na´ve, but I actually thought she'd manage to keep the weight off this time since she's been talking about nothing than her new life style and how her relationship with food has been completely altered. You would think she'd have learned something from the infamous "here's how much I lost in lard" (or was it butter?) incident. What does her "brother" Bob Green have to say about this?
    I'm glad I can help you sort through you Oprah emotions. I respect her, but I just don't like her that much anymore. She does do a lot of good things with her charities and power, but she brags too much.
    She wants women to destress, but we all can't afford several homes and private plane to just pack our bags and leave our responsibilities behind.

Yes she has gained the weight back. I've noticed she's been a lot quieter on that "I will change the women of America" battle front. I'm sure that if she loses weight again, there will be a new weight "guru" on her show and many episodes dedicated to how American women have low self-esteem and a are projecting their poor relationships with their mothers and the men in their lives to the relationship with food.

It's Oprah's world. We all just live in it. Thanks Oprah, for the oxygen. It's usually mostly not mixed with too much Co2. Oh, is that factory exhaust? That's OK, I'm sure you meant well.

Teach your children Uncle David's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by rt1ky View Post
    I waiting for Oprah to make a announcement that she should NOT be worshipped. Should I hold my breath?
    Only if you're ready to move into the light.

Ever notice when oprah has a musical guest she is always watching herself in the monitor? Watch next time. The woman is completely self-absorbed.
    The funniest thing about this particular signature is that by the time you realise it doesn't say anything it's too late to stop reading it.

I read that the show for Thursday... 05-18-06...

Topic of the day...

Men who have sex with their wife's best friend.

I will be watching this show. And most likely have something to say about it...

I am fully expecting Dr. Robin to be there with Oprah over talking her! Tho I would like to have Dr. Phil for the cheating spouse shows.... he is a brutal ass when this is the topic. haha!

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Im going to watch this one but when i get home.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    The Legends Ball show was phenomenal!! I cried, virtually, all through the show. It was extremely moving!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread