+ Reply to Thread
Page 62 of 168 FirstFirst ... 12525354555657585960616263646566676869707172112162 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Whoa, gaby...Great Post!!!
    I agree! My nominee for post of the week!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Interesting how, shortly after watching the "Pink" episode, I ran across this quote:

There is also an artificial aristocracy founded on wealth and birth,
    without either virtue or talents... The artificial aristocracy is a
    mischievous ingredient in government, and provisions should be made to
    prevent its ascendancy. -Thomas Jefferson, third US president, architect
    and author (1743-1826)

While this is talking about government, it could easily apply to these Paris Hilton-types that so many of our confused young women are aspiring to be like. How sad to have such low aspirations.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Some here watch Oprah daily... can anyone here tell me if she has had a show in the past year or so at least, with the topic "my life was ruined by prescription medicine"? I don't mean painkillers. Like side effects from Vioxx for example.

Anyone? Thanks.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Oprah had a HUGE show on yesterday! Dr. Robin was talking about her now defunct 5 year marriage, and Lance Armstrong's ex- was talking about her former marriage. It was a fascinating show that really made you think about things you may have gone through when you married or were deciding to marry. It was a hard show, but I saw a lot of truth in what was said.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

PWS
    FORT Fogey
    Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    Oprah had a HUGE show on yesterday! Dr. Robin was talking about her now defunct 5 year marriage, and Lance Armstrong's ex- was talking about her former marriage. It was a fascinating show that really made you think about things you may have gone through when you married or were deciding to marry. It was a hard show, but I saw a lot of truth in what was said.
    For us non-watchers, like what for example? Thanks!

It was an interesting show about marriage. And how it effects who girls think they are... I took the whole show about the lack of communcation between a couple and how bad it effects the marriage.

This is my bias take of the topic from the show.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

That couples are not really "talking" about life style views before they get married. It's all about the "wedding" not looking past that point. To what it will be like to have to live with someone that you never really sat down and got to know. That you are assuming alot about your future spouse without ever asking direct questions.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I like what the ex-Mrs. Armstrong said about babies. That people get obsess about being pregnant... but not about how much the baby will change your daily life and marriage. There is a huge difference about thinking about it... and actually having to live with the decision.

That people put all this effort into being "engaged" and "the wedding" but little thought into how the actual marriage is going to go.

That women spend a great deal of time being "who they think they need to be" like playing a part... instead of being simply who they really are... and losing yourself in some pretend world of trying to be someone "you think" you are suppose to be.
    ~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

And from the talk I heard at the office today... that some women thought it was a marriage bashing show when it wasn't. I felt that they missed the point that the show was trying to make. That marriage is not for everyone. That women are still to this day trying to be some image of what society thinks a "married woman" is suppose to be.

There was alot of talk about how girls are not realizing that they tend to loose themself in not staying true to themself. That everyone is "assuming" instead of have clear cut talks about what their views are and how they will effect the marriage.

Vince Vaughan=ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz Boring.
    Yes, Oprah, we know Jennifer Aniston is like your very best friend, and she's like at your house all the time and she's like so cool, and now you just like, LOVE Vince, he's such a nice guy..blah blah blah.

I read somehwere that Oprah has banned Brad Pitt and Angelina Joile from her show, for like, eternity. Heh.

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    Vince Vaughan=ZZZzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzzz zz Boring.
    Yes, Oprah, we know Jennifer Aniston is like your very best friend, and she's like at your house all the time and she's like so cool, and now you just like, LOVE Vince, he's such a nice guy..blah blah blah.

I read somehwere that Oprah has banned Brad Pitt and Angelina Joile from her show, for like, eternity. Heh.
    Whooooppeeeee...Banned from Oprah! LOL LOL LOL She mentioned Angelina the other day when talking about relief in Africa...I think it was the show that George Clooney was on...

Gaby and prhoshay! I totally agree. It was a great show yesterday. It had some honest points of truth that most people aren't willing to either say or hear. I would be interested in Dr. Robin's questions. I really like her way of explaining things to people. And not criticizing them.

Today was a fluff piece with Vince. Yea, he's a cutie. But it was to promote his and Jen's new film. I just don't think he needed 1/2 show to do it. It was fun to see the cast of Will and Grace. I will miss that show! I love the characters and hope all are successful after this.

It sure hit home how wonderful it would be to go to work every day and laugh with people you respect and like, and get paid for it. How lucky were they to have 8 years!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

I used to really enjoy Oprah's show, many years ago. for the last few years I just click right past. Oprah gets on my last nerve. I just always think that she's talking down to anyone who doesn't have a barrel or money, or fame.

+ Reply to Thread