+ Reply to Thread
Page 59 of 168 FirstFirst ... 9495051525354555657585960616263646566676869109159 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

Does anyone else wonder why Meg Ryan's face looked strange? Did she "fix" her lips or something? I'm glad she's trying to do some good work for women in her time off. I think the line that "if we empower women it will help the world" is pretty valid.

I have always admired Lucy Lui and her endeavours. It's a shame that so many tragic events have happened in the past year or so. I think people are overwhelmed and almost becoming immune to the amount of devestation that happens. There's almost too much to take in.

I like this kind of show rather than focusing on what burger Gayle happens to like.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Does anyone else wonder why Meg Ryan's face looked strange? Did she "fix" her lips or something?
    Yes she did. collagen

Meg Ryan looks freakish to me. Too much botox and too much collagen. Yeah, she is doing great things in India, but I get a kind of mixed message from a lady who wants to "empower women" and at the same time, finds it necessary to go to such lengths to appear young. (To me - she doesn't look younger - she looks odd.)

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    Boy. Oprah sure goes from serious to fluff in a hurry.

I like Marc Jacobs but can't afford any of his or Yves St. Laurant's stuff. It's nice to see his success story. Can't get any of it up here though.

Loved the story of Jimmy Choos. I never knew a woman was behind the man. Great success story, but I got a little peeved at her whining about how tough being a single mom can be. Like she doesn't have help or the money. Pretty tough to be home by 6pm to take care of your baby girl for 1.5 hours. Now that's parenthood. Sheesh. Glad the father is getting it together for the daughter's sake. And to portray her story of one that the average American woman can become is a bit overstated. After all, her father and mother were heavy duty movers, shakers, and success stories. Not every girl gets out of school with the contacts she had to get the experience she got. Mind you, I give her lots of credit for learning and putting her smarts to great success!

Cool to see the Barbara that Barbie was named after. Nice history there. I have some Barbie dolls and a Scooter somewhere in my parents basement. It's amazing to see how worldwide the doll has become and the lengths Mattel goes to for secrecy. What an amazing world of toys there is.

I LOVE - LOVE - LOVE ELMO. He can tickle me anytime . I'm actually surprised that Oprah didn't point out that the puppeteer was "black". Not that it wasn't obvious. I wonder if she would have had him on if he wasn't. ?? Just wondering. Nothing against him.

Doesn't it just bite though, when everyone brings Oprah freebies. Like, she can't afford them? New wallet, new shoes, new Barbie. It's a great marketing opportunity for them. I wonder if she realizes that it may not be "all about her". Again, just wondering.

Had lots of fun today watching, being critical, smarmy, and judgemental. Heck I need to do that at least once a day!
    I thought that one of a kind doll was pretty cool! Oprah seemed to really like it too. It is hard to get a gift for people with money but that was the perfect one. I LOVED the purse too! I wonder how much that cost...

Sorry, my3boyz, I was having a snippy afternoon, by the sounds of it!

I just finished watching James Blunt on Oprah. I have never heard of him. He is so awesome!!! I ordered his cd right away. I can't wait to see what his other songs are like. I just love his voice.

I love the song Beautiful. Just never knew who sung it. If David Foster and T. Motola have taken note, you know he has to have something really good going on. His songs are so emotional. You could almost hear the pain in his voice singing both songs. And to tour with Elton John? Well. He's on the road to success. Nice for a former soldier to find his way "home". He's kinda cute too! I wish him luck.

Quote Originally Posted by my3boyz View Post
    I just finished watching James Blunt on Oprah. I have never heard of him. He is so awesome!!! I ordered his cd right away. I can't wait to see what his other songs are like. I just love his voice.
    I think I'm going to have to buy the CD too. I love that song! I was flipping channels and landed on Oprah just in time to catch his performance.
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Can't stand him!!! I was watching Oprah during her oscar special and i absolutely hate the way she continually looks at the camera.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    Can't stand him!!! I was watching Oprah during her oscar special and i absolutely hate the way she continually looks at the camera.
    Yeah, I have noticed her doing this more and more over the years. It is like she is not giving the person her full attention. I don't know if someone is whispering in her ear or what? Really strange though...

+ Reply to Thread