+ Reply to Thread
Page 57 of 168 FirstFirst ... 7474849505152535455565758596061626364656667107157 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

Amethyst YetiSports7 - Snowboard FreeRide Champion Amy Lee's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by gaby View Post

Everyone of them seem to have been well spoken with a basic education. Seem to have parents close by and involved in their daily life... why is not any of them questioned a romance... that lead to marriage in under 60 days. Have none of them ever watch an episode of Oprah before?!?! Anything too good to be true... is... and you should kick that man to the curb. Before you are picking up hot checks from all over the county.
    I see those girls as desperately/ emotionaly ignorant and or immature. Unfortunately alot of women conform with just any guy giving them some attention.
    Kiss me, ki-ki-kiss me
    Infect me with your love and Fill me with your poison...

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by Amy Lee View Post
    I see those girls as desperately/ emotionaly ignorant and or immature. Unfortunately alot of women conform with just any guy giving them some attention.
    I think that, as women, we trust too much too quickly. How many of us have not been "swept off our feet" by some sweet-talker? Usually, it does not lead to the altar...at least I hope it hasn't too many times. I've not been involved in a while because of some serious disappointments last time. I've decided that the next time I find myself wanting to be more than just friends with a man, I will have him investigated. Credit check! Criminal background check! Marriage/divorce check! I've even got the name of a website that I can get started on!!! And if I can't get everything I think I need from the website, then I'll contact a professional!! I Can Hardly Wait!!!

But right now, I'm really happy just the way I am! Be Proactive, Ladies!
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

I always try to remember: If it looks too good to be true, it probably is. Definitely worth considering when it comes to MEN!
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Today's show had Garth Brooks and Trisha Yearwood. I'm more of a G.B. fan. I remember I was surprised when he divorced his wife. And then got together with Trisha. But he seems to have his priorities in place regarding his children that's for sure. And his southern gentlemanly manners is sure cute. Don't see much of that up here....actually, never see it!

I really liked the story of the couple that endured the painful accident and recuperation of the husband. Now that's love and commitment no matter what! The story of the couple from hurricaine Katrina was also a nice change from what we normally see or read about.

E.T.A. Ooops sorry to double post.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

Just want to toss this out there for feedback.

I have a gay friend who say Oprah and Gail are lesbian lovers and that Oprah is bi-sexual. She gives her references by the way Oprah has touched bottoms and breasts of women on the show in the past. Has not married Stedman. I dismissed it, but thought humm. Fine if she is, its not my business, and I dont care either way, but it made me think back on some of her behavior.

Then, the Star magazine reported this week that Oprah is was so impressed by Brokeback Mountain that she wants to produce her own TV or film version - with two married women as the lead characters.

If she is I definately understand why she does not "come out" - However my gay friend wishes she would to show America a great Lesbian role model - some one besides Ellen, Rosie, Melissa Ethridge, Portia De Rossy, Martina Navritalovia etc.
    Support the FORT - Go Green

Very interesting, Rumi! I recall a similar film, I think it was called Desert Hearts, back in the 1990s I think? I recall it being talked about on Ebert's show at the time. The women weren't cowgirls but it was about a Las Vegas native (and back then, it was mostly trailers and desert, not the suburbia it is today) who had affairs with women who came to Vegas for a quickie divorce - women who til then were straight. At the time the movie was considered very shocking, or forward, depending how one looked at it. But it kind of vanished without much splash, funny how today all these films are making such a big splash.

But then it didn't really have any stars in it either. That was way before any star would play a gay person on film unless they were in dire need of $ or something, really not even then... And that wasn't that long ago. Certainly nobody was out then, and I mean noooobody. Oprah likely remembers those days.

So I guess maybe Kathy Griffin had that scoop after all.

Oprah doesn't produce films very often, so 'interesting' is all I can say. That, plus, Gayle was married during much of their 'friendship'. It is kinda weird how Oprah keeps groping women on the show (whatever her intent). I've had lesbian friends before and not one ever squeezed me anywhere. Lol.

Garth Brooks is so fake. That fake crying is just hillarious. Odd they failed to mention he started screwing Trisha while he was still married to his former "Love of his life", Sandy.

Looks like Garth & Trisha enjoy eating together.A lot.

Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    So I guess maybe Kathy Griffin had that scoop after all.
    What scoop - and thanks for the comment
    Support the FORT - Go Green

Quote Originally Posted by FireStorm View Post
    Garth Brooks is so fake. That fake crying is just hillarious.
    No truer statement have ever been said... the man has cried on TV non-stop. I have never seen him do an interview were he is not bawling about something.

Now the one thing I would like to know... why he "retired". I have never bought the "it's for my kids". He is too self center... and hates not being center of attention. Since early December... there has been 3 new shows... on CMT... with nothing but Garth talking about himself. hahaha! He did not walk away from that career for those kids.

I always wonder what the wife, Sandy, had on him... cause it all happen at the same time. He states he is retiring and getting a divorce. He felt his children were not being "raised" right by her alone and they needed him to guide their life.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I hate when there is a full hour devoted to celebs, as opposed to an issue.

B-o-r-i-n-g. Who cares about what is going on with them? Buy a book/magazine.

Give me a topic of current interest/activity.
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread