+ Reply to Thread
Page 56 of 168 FirstFirst ... 6464748495051525354555657585960616263646566106156 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

Gee jman you really don't like Oprah or Gayle do you?!

I have to say I was a bit surprised watching Mathew McConaughey. He seems like a nice guy who really appreciates his girl and his life. I'd recommend him to play the lead in the upcoming Tom Selleck remake film. But what was all that singing about instead of dancin...it went on a bit too long for my liking.

Today, I felt sorry for Chris Darden. He didn't do well throughout the whole O.J. scandal. Too bad that OJ got out of it seemingly unscathed. Same with the bad cop. Live and learn I guess. The fat lady sang a long time ago on that case. Makes the jurors look pretty manipulated and stupid IMHO. DNA is DNA is DNA. Hard to dispute that.

Nice that the young fella, who donated his time and WhiteSox tickets to help his fellow men, women and children, got some recognition for his efforts. We need to see more stories like that one.
    Live simply ~ Love generously~ Care deeply~ Speak kindly

FORT Fanatic
    [QUOTE=misskitty;1772470]Gee jman you really don't like Oprah or Gayle do you?! QUOTE]

love/hate. right now hate

My post quoting that article-quote and saying "I fixed the typo" has been removed... Maybe they took it literally??

I had removed the "s" from friends. The joke was that Gayle King is Oprah's only friend. Since we were all talking about how close they are and how Oprah backs Gayle's show and all. So anyway - twas just a joke. I'm no spelling-cop!!

Don't worry Brandy "They" "do" those things without telling us why. As long as you can still log in, I wouldn't break into a sweat. Trust me. If you do something really bad, "they" will let you know.

Oprah always brags about how she has never had to see a psychologist because she had Gayle to talk to. Now I find out Gayle has a degree in psychology. I betcha she is practicing what she learned on Oprah!

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    That's What Friends Are For (Wouldn't that be a great name for a song??)
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Quote Originally Posted by prhoshay View Post
    That's What Friends Are For (Wouldn't that be a great name for a song??)
    No doubt Oprah will claim the friendship between Gayle and herself are the inspiration for it!

I actually liked today's show more than I thought. Mind you, I was making dinner in between everything. The nine women who got duped definitely have to take a look at why they attracted that idiot. Mind you, he did fool a lot of the parents. But why would you jump into marriage that quickly, without knowing WHO the guy really is? So sad. At least they're young enough to get more confidence and get on with their lives. I feel very sorry for the children as he obviously has no respect or caring for them at all.

And I do feel sorry for Michelle. After 18 months plus 3 yrs marriage you got to be a bit surprised. However, from what I know about narcissists they are very good at what they do. Or don't do. No doubt about it. They said he was a surgeon and made a ton of money that way, even though he overspent. Why then would they not be able to track him down. He'd have to have a license to work somewhere eventually? Or did I miss out that he lied about that too? How did he manage to ring up so much in debt without being tracked down. Most of us can't get past an unpaid car of power bill without being hounded. Any ideas?

I must say I love, love, love Dr. Robin. She says it straight and doesn't pull any punches. Part of the fault does lie in the women and their dreams and lack of self-confidence. I hope when they meet up with another man like that one they can say "hello and goodbye in the same sentence". Good line to end off on.

Hmm, the episode today about the women who got conned kinda bored me.

Oprah: "What was the first clue that something was wrong?"

One of the duped wives: "Well, one day I went to sleep and he burned me with a taser gun, then he broke our family portrait over my head".

Yep, those would be good clues (yet she stayed!!!)

Just a small rant....

Quote Originally Posted by misskitty View Post
    I do feel sorry for Michelle. After 18 months plus 3 yrs marriage you got to be a bit surprised.
    And I found her as self-center as the husband that left her. haha! She sat there on that sofa missing the money. Not the husband. If that husband was to show up on her door step... she would take him back in a heart beat. That is if he could still bring home the money to support the life style.

I suspect that husband of hers had alot of money stashed somewhere, obviously not in a US bank... and is living the high-life somewhere with a new blonde.
    ~~~~~~~~~~

Now all those girls in Houston.... I realize that "I got to have a man" is the war call of most 20 year olds... but lordy those girls gave the word "desperate" a new meaning.

Everyone of them seem to have been well spoken with a basic education. Seem to have parents close by and involved in their daily life... why is not any of them questioned a romance... that lead to marriage in under 60 days. Have none of them ever watch an episode of Oprah before?!?! Anything too good to be true... is... and you should kick that man to the curb. Before you are picking up hot checks from all over the county.

And that last girl, sitting closest to Oprah... exactly how much money did he steal from her parents checking accounts before the Mother decide to act? That first withdraw... would have been the clue for me.... not 6 withdraws and thousands of dollars...later.

+ Reply to Thread