+ Reply to Thread
Page 55 of 168 FirstFirst ... 5454647484950515253545556575859606162636465105155 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

So let's say that Chapelle show employes 50 people. Well, if you have 2 kids and wife and now don't have $40,000. I wouldn't be too happy.
    Somehow I bet the show's insurance paid the staff until they could find replacement jobs... Surely the production company didn't leave them in the lurch too badly. Although yes, Dave's runner did leave them to fend. Still, if he was in a crisis it was likely disappear or ... disappear.

Re: hair weaves... why not just wear those clipettes of hair like Farrah et al used to do? I bet the hair doesn't break off as badly, although at home they'd still be balding. Seriously though, they looked OK without the weaves. So what does the weave do - pull at the hair, causing alopecia or something?

I can't think of Mathew McConaughey (get a simpler name, will ya!) without thinking of his bare-chested hero turn in Unsolved Mysteries.

jman, not to get too personal but, you're gay? So why aren't you in the Project Runway thread? Come on over!

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by Brandy View Post
    jman, not to get too personal but, you're gay? So why aren't you in the Project Runway thread? Come on over!

I would, but I don't get Bravo. I just have basic cable, but I still get Oxygen, Spike, lifetime, cmt and few others which is kind of strange. I wish I could trade cmt for bravo. I am going to full cable, but my cable bill now is only $6.61

I think Matthew McConaughey is kind of creepy. I didn't even watch him yesterday, just something about him. Nice looking, but something about him gives me the creeps.
    Last edited by jman79; 02-09-2006 at 07:30 AM.

FORT Fanatic
    I think I am being punished. I am getting out of the shower and I usually don't watch Good Morning America. And who do I see: Gayle King. She was acting as a correspondent.

If you watch Today show today, you will see Nick, who last night was cast out of Project Runway. He was a fan favorite and is very sweet. (They should also show clips from the show). As a substitute, also, there are some hilarious blogs about the show, with play by plays and more.

ITA about McCona-whatsis. He always creeped me out too. I could hardly watch Dazed and Confused, and thought he was perfect casting as 'the creepy older guy'. Slick, greasy hair (in the film) and all. I couldn't believe it when he became a popular movie star. Sorry, Matt fans.

FORT Fanatic
    God, if my morning couldn't get any worse Oprah is getting a show on XM, and Gayle King is going to be part of the show

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gayle_King

here is some info on Gayle, kind of interesting

Gayle King is the best friend of Oprah Winfrey. King also used to be a talk show host of "The Gayle King Show", but the show was cancelled due to extremely low ratings. King was also instrumental in the planning and creation of the Legends Weekend (where she was also honored as a "young'un").

Gayle was born in Chevy Chase, Maryland, and lived the sort of life that Oprah had yearned for as a child in Milwaukee. Gayle’s father was an electronics engineer and her mother a homemaker. She graduated from the University of Maryland with a degree in Psychology.

She started her career as a production assistant in Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, where she went on the air. She moved first to Kansas City, Missouri and then on to Hartford, Connecticut in 1981. For a brief time before it was cancelled, she cohosted an NBC daytime talk show with Maury Povich called Cover to Cover. When Gayle was offered her own syndicated talk show “The Gayle King Show”, she says that Oprah encouraged the move and in fact at one time offered her the opportunity to join Harpo Productions in Chicago. Gayle turned Oprah’s offer down because she wanted to stay in Hartford where her children could see their father regularly.

She is the divorced mother of two children. Her daughter, Kirby, 15, and her son, William, 14, call Oprah "Auntie O". There were rumors that their close relationships and generous gifts Oprah gave to the family contributed to Gayle’s divorce from Yale-educated lawyer Bill Bumpus after 13 years of marriage.

Stedman Graham has no worries about Gayle breaking up his relationship with Oprah. When he appeared on Gayle’s talk show, he told her: “I think it’s therapeutic for Oprah to have someone she can talk to and tell everything about her day and everything about her week, and you know, you are that person; you are that special person [that she never has the] feeling she has to hold something back.”

Oprah once explained how their friendship began:

“I was an anchorwoman, and Gayle was a production assistant. One night [in 1976], there was a terrible snowstorm, so I invited Gayle, who was then living about 35 miles away, to stay at my house. She did – and we sat up and talked until dawn! Ever since then, we talk every day, sometimes three or four times.”

Oprah explains why she and Gayle have remained friends for more than 20 years.:

“In spite of all the things that have happened to me, we laugh every night about on thing or another. She absolutely keeps me grounded.”

Does Gayle ever feel she is in Oprah’s shadow?

“People always amaze me by asking, "Aren’t you jealous of Oprah?" And I say, why would I be? I’m happy with my own life, and I’m so thrilled for her. When I visit Oprah I’m wined and dined and chauffeured around in a limo. And when I come home and can’t remember where I parked the car at the airport or trip over the kids’ toys, I think the visit was great, but I really like my life, too.”
    Last edited by jman79; 02-09-2006 at 09:03 AM.

FORT Fanatic
    My edit time got caught off, but I did want to add. I believe everything Gayle says (sigh)

She forgot to mention is that Oprah pays all her bills.

Stedman Graham has no worries about Gayle breaking up his relationship with Oprah.
    :rolling in aisles: Stedman's... relationship... with... Oprah!
    Haaaa hahahahaha.

I keep hearing Kathy Griffin say, "... and her friiieeennd, Gayle." hee
    Last edited by Brandy; 02-09-2006 at 10:26 AM.

From tvguide.com (they like to add sarcasm in their news - I'm sure you'll be able to pick it out) http://www.tvguide.com/News/Entertainment/

XM AND O: If only because, at the end of the day, she does not have enough money, Oprah Winfrey has signed a three-year, $55 million deal to debut a new XM Satellite Radio channel in September. Titled "Oprah & Friends," the channel will air programming related to fitness, health, self-improvement and how best to organize your private jets.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Quote Originally Posted by ArchieComic Fan View Post
    From tvguide.com (they like to add sarcasm in their news - I'm sure you'll be able to pick it out) http://www.tvguide.com/News/Entertainment/

XM AND O: If only because, at the end of the day, she does not have enough money, Oprah Winfrey has signed a three-year, $55 million deal to debut a new XM Satellite Radio channel in September. Titled "Oprah & Friends," the channel will air programming related to fitness, health, self-improvement and how best to organize your private jets.

And It Will Probably Be A Raging Success, Much To The Gall of So Very Many People!!!!

I'm sure you've heard the statement: "Don't Hate......Appreciate!!!!"
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

FORT Fanatic
    God, am I going to have fun!!!

Gayle King is the best friend of Oprah Winfrey.

"Yes, how could we forget, she can't get through a show without mentioning her"

King also used to be a talk show host of "The Gayle King Show", but the show was cancelled due to extremely low ratings.

"I saw it a few times, and it was the biggest borefest known to man"

King was also instrumental in the planning and creation of the Legends Weekend (where she was also honored as a "young'un").

"Yes, it takes a rock scientist to plan a party. Why not just ask Paris Hilton, now that girl knows how to throw a party"

Gayle was born in Chevy Chase, Maryland, and lived the sort of life that Oprah had yearned for as a child in Milwaukee. Gayle’s father was an electronics engineer and her mother a homemaker. She graduated from the University of Maryland with a degree in Psychology.

"Maybe, but Oprah has used her rags to riches story, as an inspirational part of show. If you believe it can happen, bs."

She started her career as a production assistant in Washington, D.C. and Baltimore, where she went on the air. She moved first to Kansas City, Missouri and then on to Hartford, Connecticut in 1981. For a brief time before it was cancelled, she cohosted an NBC daytime talk show with Maury Povich called Cover to Cover.

"I just find it funny she worked with Maury, have no idea why. I never knew that. Maybe b/c every Maury show is paternity test results and 225 pound babies"

When Gayle was offered her own syndicated talk show “The Gayle King Show”, she says that Oprah encouraged the move and in fact at one time offered her the opportunity to join Harpo Productions in Chicago.

"I wonder why, insert Kathy Griffin here"

Gayle turned Oprah’s offer down because she wanted to stay in Hartford where her children could see their father regularly.

"Bad move Gayle, your show may have had a chance"

She is the divorced mother of two children. Her daughter, Kirby, 15, and her son, William, 14, call Oprah "Auntie O".

"I always had the feeling that Oprah, can't still children. I have seen clips and she admits, she kinda has a short temper with kids in general"

There were rumors that their close relationships and generous gifts Oprah gave to the family contributed to Gayle’s divorce from Yale-educated lawyer Bill Bumpus after 13 years of marriage.

"Wouldn't be surprised"

Stedman Graham has no worries about Gayle breaking up his relationship with Oprah.

"True, since they don't have one "

When he appeared on Gayle’s talk show, he told her: “I think it’s therapeutic for Oprah to have someone she can talk to and tell everything about her day and everything about her week, and you know, you are that person; you are that special person [that she never has the] feeling she has to hold something back.”

"Yeah, who else would listen to Oprah. She NEVER shuts-up, but either do I"

Oprah once explained how their friendship began:

I was an anchorwoman, and Gayle was a production assistant. One night [in 1976], there was a terrible snowstorm, so I invited Gayle, who was then living about 35 miles away, to stay at my house. She did – and we sat up and talked until dawn! Ever since then, we talk every day, sometimes three or four times.

"Is that all you did that night, Oprah?"

Oprah explains why she and Gayle have remained friends for more than 20 years.

"Because she makes 225 million annually"

In spite of all the things that have happened to me, we laugh every night about on thing or another. She absolutely keeps me grounded.

"Yes, Gayle you have kept her very well grounded.. You told Entertainment Tonight, that the Hermes incident was, VERY, VERY bad, and one of thr worse things that has happened to Oprah"

Does Gayle ever feel she is in Oprah’s shadow?

People always amaze me by asking, "Aren’t you jealous of Oprah?" And I say, why would I be?

"Good Answer Gayle. Oprah buys you everything you want. I wouldn't be either"

I’m happy with my own life, and I’m so thrilled for her. When I visit Oprah I’m wined and dined and chauffeured around in a limo.

"Wined and dined" Interesting. Where is Stedman, when all this going on?"

And when I come home and can’t remember where I parked the car at the airport or trip over the kids’ toys, I think the visit was great, but I really like my life, too.

"No, you like Oprah's life, because it has made your life a breeze. Gayle, can't you afford contacts. No excuse, for tripping over toys"

Boy, I can't behave today
    Last edited by jman79; 02-09-2006 at 07:06 PM.

+ Reply to Thread