+ Reply to Thread
Page 54 of 168 FirstFirst ... 4444546474849505152535455565758596061626364104154 ... LastLast

Thread: Oprah

FORT Fanatic
    Quote Originally Posted by PWS View Post
    Re the friend...of course there is always the chance that the friend was going through his OWN crisis at the time...his health, family member's, etc., and either didn't have time for Dave's crisis or wondered why Dave didn't call HIM in HIS darkest hour.... Friends of celebrities do have their own lives after all!
    So his wife and kids were no comfort?

I agree. Its hard to call someone in CRISIS, when no one knows where you are. I guess Dave's writing partner doesn't get feelings or get to feel betrayed. Don't you think his writing partner feels screwed. I feel bad that Dave was having a melt down, but just because you have a melt down, it doesn't mean it doesn't hurt other people in the process. How about all the people that worked at his show. Like Camera men, Stage crew etc etc. Dave isn't the only human who felt screwed(he actually screwed a lot of people in the process)

Dave may not have 50 million(he has a mansion in rural ohio) in his bank account, but he has more than the camera men and many other workers who worked at the Chapelle show. Like the other poster said, celebrities have friends and family who has problems too.

I have no clue how many people worked on Dave's show. Not a clue. But Oprah has over 1,000 employees. What if she just left??(Don't worry, she isn't going anywhere to my dismay. Just vacation with Gayle, I now think Nate also joins with them along with Jennifer Anistion, Jay Leno, John Travalota, Halle Berry, Kristy Alley and at this point probably prh ) Think about all of the people who would lose jobs. There are probably people who work at her show that make $25,000-$40,000. (I was going to use her "mail room" people, but that would be a bad example, because someone outside Harpo would have to hire, more people, who would like to know "Where the hell is Oprah" I wouldn't because I watch Entertainment Tonight, Inside Edition, Access Hollywood, Extra, and The Insider). So let's say that Chapelle show employes 50 people. Well, if you have 2 kids and wife and now don't have $40,000. I wouldn't be too happy.
    Last edited by jman79; 02-07-2006 at 08:01 PM.

FORT Fanatic
    Stedman didn't make the vacation.

Sted, Al Reynolds and me are on a Gay cruise

I really wish Nate would come with us. He does look mighty cute on Oprah at home(God, how many magazines is this woman going to put out)
    Last edited by jman79; 02-07-2006 at 08:31 PM.

I have to ask... did anyone else watch the show with Faith Hill? Is it just me or does she have a bad weave?

I had first thought it was a wig... then they showed the clip of her and Tim at that store near their home in TN. and I notice how bulky her hair looked with the sides pulled up. It looked like a weave gone wrong.

The one thing I can not grasp is why girls don't understand... a weave will destory your natural hair.

Look at Britney Spears, Jessica Simpson & Mariah Carey. They all had lovely long hair in the beginning... then somehow some flakey hairdresser talked them into a haircut that ended with a big nasty weave.

I am stunned how bad Britney and Mariah's hair look. I even recall Jennifer Aniston having to chop off her hair to her shoulders over a weave gone wrong.

But I will say... I like the look of the curls that Oprah is wearing... the small soft curls are a nice look for her.

would rather be cruising! marybethp's Avatar
    gaby - I've never liked Faith with long hair! I think she's adorable with shorter blonde hair.

That said, are they not the cutest couple on the face of the earth? They really seem to love each other and have themselves totally grounded. When they were cooking, I was hysterical at Tim "you have to make it stiff and hard" and then Faith just stopped and stared at him!! He was a lot of fun.

I agree marybeth, they are a very cute couple! Loved the "stiff and hard" comment but I loved the look on Faith's face when he said "this is what got me laid" or something to that effect! Priceless! I spit my coffeee out on that one! He seems to be a downhome kind of guy.

I agree that they are the cutest company and seem to have a genuine love for each other. The stiff and hard comment was hilarious. She gave him that "mother hen" look! I love the two of them singing together but didn't care much for their new song. I'm sure it'll grow on me!
    Getting lost will help you find yourself.

Not to rain on the parade, but I thought the Faith & Tim Love-fest was sickening. I was about to hurl up my lunch watching these two, you know they won't last..they may not break up this year, or next year, but trust me, they will split, they all do.
    Of course they can mosey around to the corner store for a bologna sandwich and a pop, they know they have BILLIONS of dollars in their bank accounts, and they have nothing else to do. I get why they showed the piece, to try to make us believe that these two are down to earth (yeah right), yadda yadda, but they looked bored sh*tless, as was I, watching them.

As for Faith, I do not think she is aging well at all. She looks really bad in the long dark hair, and I don't know why she doesn't see that. She looks her best blonde. Also, if you compare her now to the wedding photo they kept showing, her face is showing many wrinkles and lines, and her neck is odd looking & wrinkley, too. Back in the 90's she had the freshest, most beautiful face--no more. Must be the three kids and the touring that have taken a toll? Or maybe the premature aging is hereditary, Who knows.

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    I think John Travolta has been replaced in Oprah's heart by Matthew McConaughey! She used to reserve that kind of gushing for John! Wonder what happened? We haven't seen him in so long that I think we are waaay overdue for a dose of Travolta!

Oprah, Gayle, and me going on vacation (courtesy of the jman)!!!------>
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

Im ready for my closeup.. Tallulahbaby's Avatar
    I ve always loved Matthew, but after seeing this interview, I feel head over heels in love with him!!! Move over Penelope!!!! He's mine. His mom should be proud she raised such a good boy!!!
    Coco Magdalena made her debut Sept 2, 2006 7lbs 1oz!!!

"Daddy warned me about Men and Booze, but didn't say anything about Women and Cocaine" - Tallulah Bankhead

Signed, Sealed, Delivered prhoshay's Avatar
    Does anyone besides me see a strong resemblance between Matthew and Noah Wylie?
    "...each affects the other, and the other affects the next, and the world is full of stories, but the stories are all one." - Mitch Albom, one helluva writer

When you throw a rock into a pack of dogs, you know which one you hit by the one that yelps!

+ Reply to Thread